C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Warranty and/or Exteneded Warranty and Service A / B

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty and/or Exteneded Warranty and Service A / B

Hey Guys,

I am a newbie, but I have an 02 C230 , and I recently purchased exteded warranty, my questiion is can they canel my warranty if I opt out of Service A and Service and do them myself.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Guys anybody ?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:02 PM

i thought Pre-05 cars had free service?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
They do. But his post deals with the extended warranty he bought.

He needs to read the fine print of it in order to answer his own question.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
You need know if you have a warranty, or insurance. They are different. You need to read the fine print of the contract, and have it explained by your lawyer if you don't understand it. In most cases, California allows you to do the work yourself, or have an independant shop do the work. The only problem is one of documentation. You need to show you bought the supplies necessary, and possibly show a properly equipped workshop to perform the inspections. The warranty companies will use every chance they can get to deny a claim, or have repairs done at a shop they choose. Most of service A and B is inspection, and the inspections require special tools to acomplish. While some independant shops will have the tools, you probably will not have them.

While I personally like to turn wrenches on my own car, the economics of the warranty persuade me to allow the dealer to steal a couple of hundered for an oil change. I look at the prices of the mechnical parts and electronic modules (in the thousands) and realize I should make repairs and maintenance someone else's responsibility.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
They do. But his post deals with the extended warranty he bought.
i understand that.. but if you get free service why the hell would you want to spend money doing the service your self? its free...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
i understand that.. but if you get free service why the hell would you want to spend money doing the service your self? its free...
1) He claims MY 02 - which means he could be out of factory warranty due to miles driven - most likely scenario
2) He claims MY 02 - which means he could be out of factory warranty due to time based on purchase date - possible scenario
3) Next service is not scheduled, or expected, until expiration of original warranty - not free anymore
4) No details offered on his location - which will affect warranty, free services, etc
5) He just issued a blanket question without any details - wishing for the best
6) Post above yours
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 AM

bike
You should have free maintenance since you told us is a 2002 model and I’m guessing is still under 13000 miles since you mention service A.
FYI…MB extended warranties are not 3rd party ones so that means is the same warranty as the 4yr 50k miles.
Call the dealer, they don’t bite….Hard!!!

Last edited by skahung; 06-14-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
1) He claims MY 02 - which means he could be out of factory warranty due to miles driven - most likely scenario
2) He claims MY 02 - which means he could be out of factory warranty due to time based on purchase date - possible scenario
3) Next service is not scheduled, or expected, until expiration of original warranty - not free anymore
4) No details offered on his location - which will affect warranty, free services, etc
5) He just issued a blanket question without any details - wishing for the best
6) Post above yours
7) Burnt Toast has an 05 with no free mantinance so he knows jack about it and should shut up....
Old 06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by skahung
You should have free maintenance since you told us is a 2002 model and I’m guessing is still under 13000 miles since you mention service A.
1) That mileage # is not applicable to MY 02
2) He appearently forgot the B on his second service which you overlooked.

FYI…MB extended warranties are not 3rd party ones so that means is the same warranty as the 4yr 50k miles.

Did he say MB extended warranty? NO! Who knows what he bought with the info he provided.

Call the dealer, they don’t bite….Hard!!!
Speaking from experience; are we?