C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Dealer is driving me crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Question Dealer is driving me crazy

Ok, admittedly I am not too far from crazy anyway...

I get the call yesterday that the C350 is released and my order is being processed. Sounds great, fantastic, I am thrilled.

Then I get an email today from my salesperson, "your car is ordered with the grey leather inserts"... aaaggggh! I didn't want inserts, I ordered full leather and I wanted it in black. So squaring that away (to black full leather) and the dealership acts like it's a big deal, comments that "your car is ordered, it can't be changed"... Of course they saved the day (yea, right) and I got what I ordered.

question:

Aren't there phases to the ordering process? What are those? When do those normally happen and what things happen at those phases? I had read reference to this before but really didn't get the full story. Can someone explain?

I know that I can't wait until two days before delivery and then decide to go from 4MATIC to a 230 or something equally drastic but should it be a big deal to put on the tail fin, mudflaps and floormats? (my other changes to the order)

I tried to order Parktronic as a "special order" but that got shot down by MBUSA. So I will be going the Sunman modding route to get all of the other cool things.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Tishers
I know that I can't wait until two days before delivery and then decide to go from 4MATIC to a 230 or something equally drastic but should it be a big deal to put on the tail fin, mudflaps and floormats? (my other changes to the order)
Please tell us that with tail fin you mean spoiler and not those 50s futuristic styling caddy like fins. (j/k)

Dealer added items like mud flaps and floormats can easily be bought after the fact, much cheaper, and easily installed by oneself.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by Tishers
....I get an email today from my salesperson, "your car is ordered with the grey leather inserts"... aaaggggh! I didn't want inserts, I ordered full leather and I wanted it in black. So squaring that away (to black full leather) and the dealership acts like it's a big deal, comments that "your car is ordered, it can't be changed"... Of course they saved the day (yea, right) and I got what I ordered....
when I ordered my car, the salesman told me MBUSA did not sell C320 with manual transmission. So I ordered a C230 with manual transmission. A month later, I came back to the dealer and showed him the MBUSA brochure that got the C320 with manual transmission. He still didn't believe it. He called the factory and factory guy said, yeah we do make C320 with manual transmission. So they changed the order without canceling the existing order. The C230 arrived at the dealer a month earlier than my car did.

Last edited by mick1; 07-16-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Spoiler

That's it.

Tail fins bring back bad memories.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 754 Likes on 735 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Dealer didn't have the options that i wanted and quoted $2000 to special order from germany. I just got the closest one they had... BMW doesn't charge a penny to special order...