C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
Old 06-02-2015, 05:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

List of faults that occur after disconnecting battery...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.73 average.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How you doing im really confused about the 3 wiring harness that go to the factory stereo which of the 3 do I plug into the new stereo radio harness? i have a boss bv7320 Can you please help??
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Here's a link of diy the audio is in there
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2010224#post2010224

Last edited by phister; 04-04-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:37 PM

2005 C230 Sport
I have a 05 C230 My battery is located under the hood passengers side, back by the fire wall, the battery has a lid on top (breather/Filter, just unsnap the clips located on the back, take the cover off and you will see the battery. Some MB's have a battery also in the trunk, my benz only has one in the front. If you call the dealer and give them the vin # they can tell you if you have one or two. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM

1999 Mercedes C280
Originally Posted by batterykilledit
OMG please help. I was having problems the other day with my battery. I had to jump it a few times and then got it home and bought a new battery. Everything at this point ran fine except the battery. I changed out the battery. Now My car won't even run. It starts up.. revs high for about 20 sec then drop out and stalls. I try to press on the gas and there is no/late response and the rpms are all over the place. I'm driving 99 SLK230 with 56,000 miles. I have tried resetting the ECU by disconnection the battery but have no luck.. What could this be? What can I do?
What happened? I have the same problem all after changing battery to a non Mercedes battery, replaced conductor plate and plug, solenoids, now I'm stuck in first gear won't shift at all just redlines.... Code P0715 and P0410 now before changing the plate it was code P0700 and P0410 I don't know what to do??? I took the shifter loose and tried shifting and it acted like it did before then I bolted back down and it went into gear super hard but won't shift out of 1st gear I'm at a loss
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 PM

c230k
Lol this is funny cuz my car right now in the drive way dead battery .i use bosted pack to start,shows ESP ' rear license plate light one blinks on and off,radio is static, doors don't lock with key,moon roof botton have to hold to close, tail light some times work. I have a 05 c230 k sedan stock amg front.ive had this car for 3 years now. Little bs problems but never had nothing major besides replacing my brake pad very year lolz

Last edited by c230kMB; 08-15-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 PM

1999 Mercedes C280
Originally Posted by c230kMB
Lol this is funny cuz my car right now in the drive way dead battery .i use bosted pack to start,shows ESP ' rear license plate light one blinks on and off,radio is static, doors don't lock with key,moon roof botton have to hold to close, tail light some times work. I have a 05 c230 k sedan stock amg front.ive had this car for 3 years now. Little bs problems but never had nothing major besides replacing my brake pad very year lolz
Yeah mine is in the shop they are going through the electrical crap still won't go out of first gear - over engineered can't jump start or change a damn battery without costing $1000s
Let me know if you figure out what's wrong with yours ill try it
Old 08-15-2013, 11:18 PM

c230k
Originally Posted by Icucme4
Yeah mine is in the shop they are going through the electrical crap still won't go out of first gear - over engineered can't jump start or change a damn battery without costing $1000s
Let me know if you figure out what's wrong with yours ill try it
I'm guessing your car is manul? Or automatic let me kno lol I know what's wrong with my car and know what to fix its in the drive way becuz I have a suspended license and thats why it has little bs problems becuz its been sleeping .I use to work on Mercedes .

Last edited by c230kMB; 08-15-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 PM

mercedes 'R' class 320.
Hi I have a MB 220cdi, 2006,left hand drive, I jumped started another car with jump leads, and seem to have stuffed my radio antenae, I can get stations when parked, but as soon as I drive a couple of hundred metres, I lose the signal, where is the antenae fitted? is it in the glass at the rear? is there an attenuator, replaceable? Help please.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 AM

MB c20 cdi 2002
Had my 2002 c270 cdi - with 300k kms - top gasket replaced due to overheating with faulty thermostat and repaced one damaged injector and glo plug...car starts good when cold but struggles when hot...any thoughts
Regards dudleyg
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM

1999 Mercedes C280
Originally Posted by ddlgvn4
Had my 2002 c270 cdi - with 300k kms - top gasket replaced due to overheating with faulty thermostat and repaced one damaged injector and glo plug...car starts good when cold but struggles when hot...any thoughts
Regards dudleyg
I don't have your car but it sounds like a vac leak possible secondary air check your vac lines, pump, secondary air etc
Old 12-01-2013, 12:23 PM

MB c20 cdi 2002
I don't have your car but it sounds like a vac leak possible secondary air check your vac lines, pump, secondary air etc
Thanks for the reply will most definitely ensure that my mechanic includes your suggestions ...I forgot to say that since the repair of the top gasket I do have extensive black exhaust smoking on revving or acceleration on the open road with heavy fuel usage...regrds dudleyg
Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 PM

1999 Mercedes C280
Originally Posted by ddlgvn4
Thanks for the reply will most definitely ensure that my mechanic includes your suggestions ...I forgot to say that since the repair of the top gasket I do have extensive black exhaust smoking on revving or acceleration on the open road with heavy fuel usage...regrds dudleyg
Now with that info sounds like a blown gasket maybe a different one or they didn't properly put the one back on - in sense causing a different vac leak - I would have them pressure test their work - can you see any leaks where they "fixed" it?
Old 12-01-2013, 04:31 PM

MB c20 cdi 2002
Now with that info sounds like a blown gasket maybe a different one or they didn't properly put the one back on - in sense causing a different vac leak - I would have them pressure test their work - can you see any leaks where they "fixed" it?
Oh sorry...was a blown gasket..replaced after having cyl head machined and pressure test done..bad starting when cold and the smoking is the prob at present.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:32 PM

MB c20 cdi 2002
Oh sorry...it was a blown gasket..replaced after having cyl head machined and pressure test done..bad starting when cold and the smoking is the prob at present.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004.7 C180 Kompressor, BMW X5, Chevrolet Camaro LT, Mercedes S, Cesna 152.
If you are going to disconnect the battery, use a memory minder, then you don't have to reset anything.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM

jeep pick up and c-240
wow ....

Originally Posted by Rick
My C230 had been sitting for about 3 weeks and the battery was drained (not disconnected, not dead - just not enough cold cranking energy). So, I jump started it and got the following sequence on the MFD:
ABS FAULT
ESP OFF
TeleAide SOS FAULT
D2B Disconnect
PHONE ERROR
.....I ran the car for about 20 minutes at idle then took it out for a drive. For testing purposes, I hit the wrench icon button under the console lid and even though I had the TeleAide messages and phone error, TeleAid activated and made the call.

The woman I spoke with instructed me to pull off the road and stop, let the car idle - she sent a reset command instructed me to turn the car off (when I got to my destination), let it sit for at least 15 minutes and then start it again. Upon restart, all the error messages cleared and it saved me a trip to the dealer.

Did Microsoft design this OS? Why does this sound like XP-SP2.
<--this line did Microsoft do this ?? LOL!! sorry but this is nuts so hi tech but with weak knees ....
Old 04-15-2014, 12:28 AM

2004 Clk 320
I recently purchased a 04 clk with the sam issues, any luck with yours?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
w2010 w204 c300 amg sports package
Originally Posted by ZAKON
---------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem at all

Windows: Pano roof: Place the key to position 2, hold pano roof button DOWN for 30 seconds. it's ok now.
Windows: hold the driver side window button up for 30 seconds. It's ok now.

ESP or ABS not working: (work it for some minutes on dyno mode and then on normal mode): turn the key to position 1, press reset button UNTIL you hear a Beep, on the left side of the steering wheel push the lower right button and then use the up down arrow to get to dyno mode screen and press +- keys to set the mode. start the engine and work it for some minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
hey friend how can i reset the sunroof it seems the only things that is wrong wth my car is the sunroof now wont slide, it seems to go up and down but it wont slide at all, BUT lso when it goes down it doesnt acytually close all the way only like half an inch until fully closed.. pls help me someone !!! i have tried to resync by holding the buttons in every position...pls help me am i doing it wrong i must be..

I TOOK IT TO A SHOP TO GET THE COMPUTER REMAPPED AND THEN THIS HAPPENED WHEN I GOT THE CAR BACK , IT WAS FINE BEFORE I TOOK IT THERE AND NOW THE ROOF WILL ONLY OPEN AND ALMOST CLOSE....SORRY TOREPEAT MYSELF.. ALSO I HAVWE TO SAY AT FIRST IT WAS WORSE I COULDNT EVEN GET IT TO BUDGE THEN I LEFT IT OVER NIGHT AFTER PLAYING WITH IT ABIT AND I USED THE KEY TO DOOR FUNCTIN AND IT ALLOWED IT TO CLOSE ALMOST!!! IM SO ANNOYED!!! IS IT SCREWED?? IT CANT BE SINCE IT WASNT MOVING MUCH THEN A LITTLE MORE NOW I JUST NEED O RESET IT COMPLETELY !!

HELP!!
1 PLS GUYS I HAVE A 2000 C200K W203
Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 PM

W203 M111.955 2.0 kompressor
Originally Posted by huotalicusC200K
hey friend how can i reset the sunroof it seems the only things that is wrong wth my car is the sunroof now wont slide, it seems to go up and down but it wont slide at all, BUT lso when it goes down it doesnt acytually close all the way only like half an inch until fully closed.. pls help me someone !!! i have tried to resync by holding the buttons in every position...pls help me am i doing it wrong i must be..

I TOOK IT TO A SHOP TO GET THE COMPUTER REMAPPED AND THEN THIS HAPPENED WHEN I GOT THE CAR BACK , IT WAS FINE BEFORE I TOOK IT THERE AND NOW THE ROOF WILL ONLY OPEN AND ALMOST CLOSE....SORRY TOREPEAT MYSELF.. ALSO I HAVWE TO SAY AT FIRST IT WAS WORSE I COULDNT EVEN GET IT TO BUDGE THEN I LEFT IT OVER NIGHT AFTER PLAYING WITH IT ABIT AND I USED THE KEY TO DOOR FUNCTIN AND IT ALLOWED IT TO CLOSE ALMOST!!! IM SO ANNOYED!!! IS IT SCREWED?? IT CANT BE SINCE IT WASNT MOVING MUCH THEN A LITTLE MORE NOW I JUST NEED O RESET IT COMPLETELY !!

HELP!!
1 PLS GUYS I HAVE A 2000 C200K W203
Hello! That's absolutely normal with the w203 (for sure other models too), don't worry. It happens every time the battery is removed for some time.

First, you have to place the key on position 2, then you just have to hold the button for some seconds (the button that opens/closes the sunroof), pressed either forward or down. By holding it you will hear a tiny "click" sound or something similar. After that click sound your sunroof should be fine again.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:10 PM

Hello! That's absolutely normal with the w203 (for sure other models too), don't worry. It happens every time the battery is removed for some time.

First, you have to place the key on position 2, then you just have to hold the button for some seconds (the button that opens/closes the sunroof), pressed either forward or down. By holding it you will hear a tiny "click" sound or something similar. After that click sound your sunroof should be fine again.
Hi friend do u know exact procedure dear Friend cuz I have tried holding the button in all directions but still no luck. Any specific position? Like one or two with key. N also which position to press button I have two positions in every direction for me 00' w203 c200 k .. and thanks for ur response it was very whim. I'm in love with my car
Old 05-21-2014, 02:05 AM

NO SUCCESS EYT FRIEND I HAVE TRIED IN ALL POSITIONS FROM FIRST POSITION TO AUTO POSITION I HAVE HEKD THEM IN EACH POSITION FOR 30 SECS AND 10 SECS EVEN 5 SECS AND NOTHING

HOWEVER WHEN I FIRST TRIED TO MOVE THE SUNROOF IT DIDNT MOVE AT ALL NOW ONLY TILTS UP AND DOWN SO I KNOW ITS =NOT BROKEN JUST NEEDS A RESET , IT HAPPENED ONC BEFORE BUT THE KEY DID IT FOR ME WHEN I PRESSED LOCK UNITL ALL WINDOWS WENT UP AND IT CLOSED THNAK GOD CUZ IT WAS RAINING THAT DAY

PLS MORE HEPL PLS
Old 06-22-2014, 09:27 AM

C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Hello, I'm new to this forum.
I disconnected the battery in my MB C230 Coupe to perform a door lock repair. Upon reconnecting the battery, I received a "Battery/Alternator" notification. The battery is 1.5 years old and the alternator is one year old. This problem shows up as a malfunction, but clears itself then reappears and so on. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Lou Martin; 06-22-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: More discription of the problem.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 PM

2002 w203 c320 stationwagon
flattening Battery

I have been reading the current posting on changing over to a new battery and the problems that it can cause.
I have a vehicle ( a 2002 w203 station wagon with approx 120k+) that sits for long periods in the garage.
I have recently had to jump start with another battery (on its own and not in another vehicle,so far it has not caused any problems.
I was interested in attaching a solar panel trickle charger either a 1.5 watt (0.125amps) or 4watt (0.34amps) to try an keep the battery reasonably charged .This was mentioned on another site but I have not been able to find out if you can connect the charger to the Isolated Battery terminals and leave the battery connected to the electrical system or whether one has to disconnect the battery before connecting the charger, which would defeat the purpose of keeping the system on line.
Has any one had any experience with doing this and if so what is the proceedure and Pros & Cons of doing so
mortda
Old 06-23-2014, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by mortda
..I was interested in attaching a solar panel trickle charger either a 1.5 watt (0.125amps) or 4watt (0.34amps)....
My B&D trickle charger does 1.5A and takes about 30 hours to fully charge the battery (14.2V) from 3/4 drained. It automatically goes from charge to standby status and back depending on battery health. Assuming the panel you pick has logic to do the same I would go with the more powerful one. I wouldn't use a panel with no logic as it could literally explode the battery.

Originally Posted by mortda
.. if you can connect the charger to the Isolated Battery terminals and leave the battery connected to the electrical system or whether one has to disconnect the battery before connecting the charger....:
Yes, use the isolated terminals, this is how most trickle chargers for cars work....if not all of them.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E350 SPORT SEDAN, 2006 C280 4MATIC- SOLD 2009 FORD F-250, 2015 KIA OPTIMA HYBRID, 2013 MB E550
Originally Posted by D_TECH
Why dont you guys just leave the car running while you replace the battery, there only 2 terminals and a 13mm bolt stopping you (it wont take but 1 minute tops and you wont have to **** around with everything afterwards).
Hmmm, I kno in most car systems, the battery functions minimally when the engine is running so this does sound plausible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.73 average.

Quick Reply: List of faults that occur after disconnecting battery...