C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 - C220/2001 - ML430/ 2005 RX-330
Originally Posted by CSportAnt
Which size bulbs do I use for the license plate light?
Not sure for your app, but ml ML used the 3610 festoons. Take out your old bulb and measure the length if it is a festoon type, or see if it is a wedge base type like the 194 and such. My ML was 36mm long (measured roughly tip to tip)
Old 01-13-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by rcltrh
Not sure for your app, but ml ML used the 3610 festoons. Take out your old bulb and measure the length if it is a festoon type, or see if it is a wedge base type like the 194 and such. My ML was 36mm long (measured roughly tip to tip)
WOW only $1.89 a bulb? I think its safe to say people will want to use that bulb instead of the 20 dollar set im using.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
I will be able to get you guys a full kit for interior lights and rear plate lights (9 total) for $30 fillament-style and $37 LED's (plus shipping- $10 FedEx ground, $14 FedEx 3-day) for a limited period of time after which the price mayraise. These things are the best available and I will stand behind their quality 100% and be able to offer a 1-year warranty which I may soon be able to extend to lifetime and, if so, it will be retroactive to everyone had ordered them from me. If anyone is in the DFW area and wants a discount to let me take pics of them installed in your car let me know.

I can also get sets for E- and SLK-classes. I should also be able to put together a set for pretty-much anything else.

HOWEVER, I must obtain sponsorship with MBWorld.org before I can sell to any of you guys even through PM's or email. Because you read about it here and it is against the TOU to advertise here without being a sponsor I cannot do any business with you guys until I'm a sponsor. I could probably get away with it for a little while but I'd rather do things properly (so please don't even ask). Don't worry, I'm working on becomming a sponsor
Old 01-13-2006, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by DACHIGGA
pm me. I don't want to break any sponsoring rules. whoever wants them, I wil ltry to work something out.
PM Sent.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:19 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by rcltrh
Just as a followup, my superbrightleds.com license plate lights came in and I put them in and they look great. Just like the new Lexus ones, all for like a buck or two apiece - with NO RESISTORS required. They have the resistors built inside the bulbs, and the bulbs themselves are a perfect drop-in replacement. I am going to go back and order the rest for the interior lights, puddle lights, etc. I think they were like $1.89 or something each plus shipping and you can get them in whatever colors you want as well as just the superbright white which is what I got. Anyway, just an option for those of you who want to try them out as they are cheap and do not require soldering anything.
please post some pics
Old 01-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

C230 SS
leds

rcltrh thanks for the info. I just ordered a pair for both of my cars. $19.50 shipped. I'll take pics when they come in.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by b3d_sage
(...)a 1-year warranty which I may soon be able to extend to lifetime(...)
guess what? Lifetime warranty now!

I can also get sets for E- and SLK-classes. I should also be able to put together a set for pretty-much anything else.
if anyone wants a set for any other Mercedes (or any other car for that matter) get with me and I can have a new SKU made for that car...

Don't worry, I'm working on becomming a sponsor
still working on it...
Old 01-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
guess what? Lifetime warranty now!

if anyone wants a set for any other Mercedes (or any other car for that matter) get with me and I can have a new SKU made for that car...

still working on it...
pics please!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:54 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
ok so the screws on my license plate light covers are crazy tight and i really don't wanna keep taking them off risking stripping them. would anyone happen to know how many milimeters the license plate lights are? much appreciated fellas
Old 01-14-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
pics please!

here you go! The "installed" pics here are of a BMW however hopefully I will be able to get some of them installed in my car up later. Please do not reuse these pics without permission. I wish I could direct you to my website but I'm still setting up this business and Yahoo business solutions is being a ***** right now
Attached Thumbnails Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-ixb.jpg   Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-wholesale.jpg   Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-interiorxenons.jpg   Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-xenon_interior2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2006, 03:25 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
pics look good but i think i prefer the soothing setting of the more yellowish regular bulbs for the interior. look like good bulbs though and the perfect amount of color. most that i see are coated with too much blue
Old 01-14-2006, 04:02 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
ok so i just placed my order with superbrightleds.com

ordered white single led for the front city lights, white 39mm license plate replacements w/ 3 led's each, and the 1156 wide range 24-led turn signals. what do u guys think? i'll post pics when i install everything (hopefully i ordered the right stuff )
Old 01-14-2006, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
LED bulbs for turn signals right? I'm almost positive I know which ones you're talking about, but to clarify, try to snag and post the pictures of the bulbs you're looking at.

flip
Old 01-14-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by mbny

ordered white single led for the front city lights, white 39mm license plate replacements w/ 3 led's each, and the 1156 wide range 24-led turn signals. what do u guys think? i'll post pics when i install everything (hopefully i ordered the right stuff )
They had this up though, did you add the electronic flasher unit as well?

"LED brake/tail lamps will not flash with thermal flasher units due to their extremely low current draw. These installations will require an electronic flasher unit, available in our car bulb shopping category (for some vehicles) or at your auto parts store. Try to find flashers designed to work with LED bulbs, they will say "LED compatible". Often HEAVY DUTY flashers will also work with LED bulbs.
Another fix is the installation of Load Resistors which are wired across (in parallel with) the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a standard filament bulb. We also have these available in our car bulb shopping category."

Or maybe the load resistor setups as well.

flip

Last edited by mig888; 01-14-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:31 PM

I will have some invisible turn signals, too... both silvery-frosted and chome. but, of course, they light up amber. they are fillament though, not LED
Old 01-14-2006, 06:00 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by mig888
They had this up though, did you add the electronic flasher unit as well?

"LED brake/tail lamps will not flash with thermal flasher units due to their extremely low current draw. These installations will require an electronic flasher unit, available in our car bulb shopping category (for some vehicles) or at your auto parts store. Try to find flashers designed to work with LED bulbs, they will say "LED compatible". Often HEAVY DUTY flashers will also work with LED bulbs.
Another fix is the installation of Load Resistors which are wired across (in parallel with) the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a standard filament bulb. We also have these available in our car bulb shopping category."

Or maybe the load resistor setups as well.

flip
hmm, i was under the impression that the built-in resistors or whatever took care of this. looks like i may have been wrong. anyone know for sure?
Attached Thumbnails Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-115x-a24.jpg  
Old 01-15-2006, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL203

Oh BTW, just for those who are curious, my licence plate bulbs have 8 LEDs. Also, the bulbs you ordered will not work with the licence plate lights, same with the 1156 and city lights, they will show a bulb out warning and not turn on.

if you carefully read this page http://superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

you will know why. Also don't be confused by "Built-in current limiting resistors" this are not the same as Load-Equalizing resistors.

Last edited by DACHIGGA; 01-15-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Oh BTW, just for those who are curious, my licence plate bulbs have 8 LEDs.
awesome! can't wait to get mine!
Old 01-15-2006, 02:24 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Oh BTW, just for those who are curious, my licence plate bulbs have 8 LEDs. Also, the bulbs you ordered will not work with the licence plate lights, same with the 1156 and city lights, they will show a bulb out warning and not turn on.

if you carefully read this page http://superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

you will know why. Also don't be confused by "Built-in current limiting resistors" this are not the same as Load-Equalizing resistors.
great! that sucks, thanks for the heads up

any links you can provide which will help me add some of these necessary resistors? thanks man
Old 01-15-2006, 03:57 AM

2002 CL203
great! that sucks, thanks for the heads up

any links you can provide which will help me add some of these necessary resistors? thanks man
No problem, but everythign I do is pretty much from hand's on experience, so I don't know of any links I can provide.unless you can soder, you will not be able to add resistors to the dome lights as they are not plug and play like mine, but you can still use them for the interior, but, there might be a slight problem as they will always be on. By this I mean that, since all MB interior lights have a small current running through them even when off, the LEDs due to being far more efficient, might be dimly lit even when off. Bare in mind thismight or might not occur, but to my knowledge and expericence, it probably will.

As for the other lights such as the city lights or 1156s, they will need seperate load equalizers much like xenon fogs and such (I have these on my car as well), most off them (load equalizers / resistors) come with spice taps on one and and ground at the other. They attach in parralel, so one end at the positive of the light and the other at the ground. PM me if you need any more info.

Dion.

Last edited by DACHIGGA; 01-15-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned

C230 SS
Just got my 3910 39mm 6-LED Festoon bulbs from Superbrightleds.com. I was able to put them in, but after doing so, for some reason it doesn't stay on, it just blinks every so often, does anyone know why it is doing this? i put the stock one back in and it stays on constant. Please help!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:51 AM

2002 CL203
Originally Posted by CSportAnt
Just got my 3910 39mm 6-LED Festoon bulbs from Superbrightleds.com. I was able to put them in, but after doing so, for some reason it doesn't stay on, it just blinks every so often, does anyone know why it is doing this? i put the stock one back in and it stays on constant. Please help!!!
WEll, I've said this over a million times, you need resistors, that is why, when I put in my bulbs, there is no warning messages and do not turn off, if you search the forum, hell read this thread over, I think I've mentioned several times that conventional LEDs will not work with the MB setup.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I got the custom made bulbs from DACHIGGA and they're great! There's a slight problem with one of the bulbs, but I think it might have gotten damaged during shipment, not the bulb itself.

Here are some pics of the final verdict, a comparison, and the bulbs.

I like it!

Thanks DACHIGGA!
Attached Thumbnails Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-bulbs.jpg   Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-bulb2compare.jpg   Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread-final.jpg  
Old 01-21-2006, 03:44 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
i just got mine today from superbrightleds.com and as dachigga stated, they in fact do not work. the city lights and license plate bulbs blink and don't stay on constant.

DACHIGGA: hook me up with a set of your license plate lights bro. how much? send me a PM. thanks

also, can anyone instruct me on how i can add a resistor to the city lights? the license plate ones seem too complicated for me, but the wedge bulbs seem like something i can easily handle. thanks
Old 01-21-2006, 05:23 PM

05 c230 SS
those look nice.. how much was it? DACHIGGA send me a PM thanks.

i just got mine today from superbrightleds.com and as dachigga stated, they in fact do not work. the city lights and license plate bulbs blink and don't stay on constant.

DACHIGGA: hook me up with a set of your license plate lights bro. how much? send me a PM. thanks

also, can anyone instruct me on how i can add a resistor to the city lights? the license plate ones seem too complicated for me, but the wedge bulbs seem like something i can easily handle. thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread