C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03-ML350 'inspiration'
They're very nice!! I would love to get a set for my ML! Where can I get these?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
DACHIGGA... PM sent
Old 03-16-2006, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
I also want to get 4 of them !!!

Best Regards.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:54 PM

'03-ML350 'inspiration'
...Okay.....Me too....but, where??
Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM

2006 C230 SS
there is a line...

1) rrpnow - 1
2) rubensans - 4
3) reynaldo - 1
Old 03-16-2006, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by rrpnow
there is a line...

1) rrpnow - 1
2) rubensans - 4
3) reynaldo - 1
There may be a line, but don't count on getting some. I PMed him (DACHIGGA) a few weeks ago, but he didn't have any more on hand. He might not make anymore for awhile do to his busy days.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
1) rrpnow - 1
2) rubensans - 4
3) reynaldo - 1
4) waveykat - i guess a pair for the license plate
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
I think DION is back in school or something because he's not answering his PM's. I still have my License plate lights and they look awesome. I hope they don't burn out or whatever because I don't think I will be able to get a replacement.

I guess someone else will have to figure out how to create them in case DION doesn't want to do this anymore.

I'm trying to figure out how to do the citylights. I think I can buy the LED city light and than put a resistor on it or something. Anyone try making them?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:07 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by razorfish228
I think DION is back in school or something because he's not answering his PM's. I still have my License plate lights and they look awesome. I hope they don't burn out or whatever because I don't think I will be able to get a replacement.

I guess someone else will have to figure out how to create them in case DION doesn't want to do this anymore.

I'm trying to figure out how to do the citylights. I think I can buy the LED city light and than put a resistor on it or something. Anyone try making them?

are the pictures above exactly what they are? if so, ill look into trying to make some...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
Yes, the license plate lights are the ones above the thread. Not sure what size resistor was used.

Go ahead and try making them.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:19 PM

2006 C230 SS
i got spring break up, so i wont have anything better to do...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM

2006 C230 SS
can someone post up how you exactly powered this? just use the stock wires that are there?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:59 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
Here a quick pic of my lights. I couldn't get a far away pic because I backed up to far in my garage.

Here's a pic of my HID's with an Amber city light I put on. Looks really different compared to other peoples.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Here a quick pic of my lights. I couldn't get a far away pic because I backed up to far in my garage.

Here's a pic of my HID's with an Amber city light I put on. Looks really different compared to other peoples.

I love the rear lights. As for your city lights, your pics look like they need some "red eye" photo editing. It can't be that red, right?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre

that looks great man! where did you get the amber city lights? they look great! take pics of the entire front just to show off the affect...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
Here are more pictures I took tonight.
These city lights were $1.50 but they look better in person.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:42 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
has anyone else had problems with these LED's? they looked awesome on my car at first, then the right one got slightly dimmer. a week later even dimmer. then eventually it got extremely dim and stayed that way. i PM'ed Dion and I was supposed to get a replacement but never got one. then the left one completely blew out so i was left with on really dim light. now i'm back with the stock bulbs. really sucks. i liked the way the LED's looked too. when i pulled them out, the resistor on top was completely burnt on both of them. anyone else?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
DACHIGGA you have a set for a w210 ????
Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 AM

2002 CL203
Originally Posted by mbny
has anyone else had problems with these LED's? they looked awesome on my car at first, then the right one got slightly dimmer. a week later even dimmer. then eventually it got extremely dim and stayed that way. i PM'ed Dion and I was supposed to get a replacement but never got one. then the left one completely blew out so i was left with on really dim light. now i'm back with the stock bulbs. really sucks. i liked the way the LED's looked too. when i pulled them out, the resistor on top was completely burnt on both of them. anyone else?
Hey all, I'm back. been away from the forum for while, been too busy with school to do much else. Hey mbny, I have sent you the replacment, I'm surprised you didn't get it. I might not be back at the forum for a while as this will only be a short break from school activity.

Anyways, Apparently mbny and nlpamg have had problems with my bulbs, so I have stopped all production of licence plate bulbs. All other interior lighting seem to still be trouble free. What I don't understand is that it seems as though only bulbs I send out in the mail seem to have this problem. The one's on my car, my Dad's w210, and my local installs have been trouble free for at least the past three months.

nlpamg has been nice enough to send me back his bulbs so I can troubleshoot. I will be glad to replace any bulbs or refund anyone's money provided it has not been 2 months since you have recieved the bulbs. This restriction excludeds those who have previously informed me of the situation. For any other inquiries or if anyone else is having problems, email me here:

DACHIGGA@gmail.com.

as I will not be checking the forum untill I am free from educational obligations.

I am sorry for causing anyone inconvienience. I did not start this as a buisiness venture but more of an "one modder helping another" type ideal. Once again, I have done extensive testing on the bulbs as I have had the bulbs on my car and others for over 6 months before even posting them on the forum. Every bulb I send out is tested in car for at least 5 continuous hours before I send them out.

I AM NOT HERE TO RIP ANYONE OFF.

Dion.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:14 AM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by DACHIGGA
I am sorry for causing anyone inconvienience. I did not start this as a buisiness venture but more of an "one modder helping another" type ideal. Once again, I have done extensive testing on the bulbs as I have had the bulbs on my car and others for over 6 months before even posting them on the forum. Every bulb I send out is tested in car for at least 5 continuous hours before I send them out.

I AM NOT HERE TO RIP ANYONE OFF.

Dion.
Dion, i just want to clarify that I was not intending that you ripped me off at all. I had problems with the bulbs and i'm not blaming you for it. i may still have the bulbs in my garage so let me know if you'd like them back to troubleshoot. however i don't think i would put new ones in. i found a set of 5w hyper whites that i may try out, otherwise i'll just keep them stock. thanks for taking the time to make them though
Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I've been meaning to chime in. Dion has been great, he is totally not here to rip anyone off. I had problems with one bulb at first so he sent me a replacement, but in the mailing process, the envelope he sent it in got torn apart and the bulb got lost. He sent me a whole second set b/c the first set was dying.

I too noticed that the resistor was burnt out or that some bulbs would die and reappear. I think that the bulbs MUST have gotten damaged in transit or that maybe the 05's use a higher voltage.

Either way, I sent all four bulbs back to Dion to have him see what's wrong. I just LOVE the way they look and just want to keep on trying.

mbny, where'd you get those hyperwhite bulbs? let us know how they are and please post some pics! thanks!
Old 03-19-2006, 02:52 PM

BLACK 05 C230SS
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I've been meaning to chime in. Dion has been great, he is totally not here to rip anyone off. I had problems with one bulb at first so he sent me a replacement, but in the mailing process, the envelope he sent it in got torn apart and the bulb got lost. He sent me a whole second set b/c the first set was dying.

I too noticed that the resistor was burnt out or that some bulbs would die and reappear. I think that the bulbs MUST have gotten damaged in transit or that maybe the 05's use a higher voltage.

Either way, I sent all four bulbs back to Dion to have him see what's wrong. I just LOVE the way they look and just want to keep on trying.

mbny, where'd you get those hyperwhite bulbs? let us know how they are and please post some pics! thanks!

Hey,

I just want to say that Dion is the man. If it wasn't for him trying to make these bulbs we wouldn't have these great mods.

I just hope that he will somehow make them again or improve his design and build better ones. It is such a cool mod if you see it in person. Maybe we can look at the Lexus version and see what we can do to make them.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:03 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by mbny
I have the same problem. But yeah, I dont have my stock ones anymore, I can't find it. So now I'm left with just one LED bulb, kinda embarassing. And that last one began to flicker as well. I tried reachin dion, but he hasnt answered my PM yet. im hoping to get a replacement, because those were really nice LEDs, matched my HIDs. please get back to me Dion, its been a good two-three weeks since I left you a PM. Thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 03:59 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by ChristianJan
I have the same problem. But yeah, I dont have my stock ones anymore, I can't find it. So now I'm left with just one LED bulb, kinda embarassing. And that last one began to flicker as well. I tried reachin dion, but he hasnt answered my PM yet. im hoping to get a replacement, because those were really nice LEDs, matched my HIDs. please get back to me Dion, its been a good two-three weeks since I left you a PM. Thanks
he said he wont be back on forums until after exams... so im assuming around june he will be back...
Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM

2006 C230 SS
aight, im trying to build this thing...

can someone show me the verison dion sent you... like front, back, above, below, side views... or w/e you have that will help...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-White & LED License Plate Lights thread