C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I just got a new 2006 c230 sedan in Diamond Black.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I just got a new 2006 c230 sedan in Diamond Black.

Hi I am new here and I would like to ask a couple of questions.

The car doesnt have tinted windows do you suggest getting the windows tinted at the dealer? or find a shop? I am willing to spend for a good tint.

Also the stereo is standard I believe but the bass is pretty good for standard I have a question I was wondering if those two speaker looking things in the back are speakers? I turned on the radio and I did not hear or feel any music of vibration from them...I looked in the manual and it doesnt show where all the speaker areas are can someone please help me out with that.

I dont really plan on changing anything just leaving it stock for now The wheels look nice and it only had 30 miles on it it was 15 miles before I drove it home from the dealer.. plus I love the color it is a pretty rare and beaitiful color Diamond black it kinda looks blueish black.

Ill have more questions later.

thanks.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:19 PM

C230 WZ - Six Speed
Congrats on your new ride! You have the 6 cyl version.... cool. My '05 is the 4 cyl (1.8l kompressor) and looks like yours, but with the "normal" black paint. Many dealers outsource their tint work, so you might want to research other options in your area. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300, 2017 GL450
Nice ride! If you decide to get your windows tinted, make sure whoever does it applies moleskin (felt) to each of your windows. If you don't, eventually you will get vertical scratches on each window where the tint was applied. When I had mine done, it cost $25.00 per window just for the moleskin.

I had 20% all around (sans the windsheild) applied and it looks great. I had to make sure mine was non metallic because of the COMAND system.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by C-Dub
Congrats on your new ride! You have the 6 cyl version.... cool. My '05 is the 4 cyl (1.8l kompressor) and looks like yours, but with the "normal" black paint. Many dealers outsource their tint work, so you might want to research other options in your area. Hope this helps.

but isnt the tint job better at the dealer?

I have no clue about tints and its hard to research I live in california plus I heard you have to get a tint with a warranty?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Abspara
Nice ride! If you decide to get your windows tinted, make sure whoever does it applies moleskin (felt) to each of your windows. If you don't, eventually you will get vertical scratches on each window where the tint was applied. When I had mine done, it cost $25.00 per window just for the moleskin.

I had 20% all around (sans the windsheild) applied and it looks great. I had to make sure mine was non metallic because of the COMAND system.

Lol thanks man but you lost me their lol.

anyway dont you think the dealer knows about the tint moleskin thing? what tint should i put in my ride? I want the back dark and the drivers side california legal so it has to be a little lighter.

what is metallic so I should avoid that then huh/
Old 01-29-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300, 2017 GL450
Originally Posted by DreamCast
Lol thanks man but you lost me their lol.

anyway dont you think the dealer knows about the tint moleskin thing? what tint should i put in my ride? I want the back dark and the drivers side california legal so it has to be a little lighter.

what is metallic so I should avoid that then huh/
You might get lucky and find someone at the dealership who knows about moleskin, but i would not guarentee it. When I told my service advisor about it, he was very clueless. Then again he should be as he only deals with OEM issues, and aftermarket tint is not a OEM issue.

Well since you live in California (i do as well) ANY tint on your driver or passenger side windows is illegal. My Tint job has full ticket protection. This means if for some reason I get a ticket for tinted windows, all i have to do is take it to the tink shop..they strip it off. Then I go get the ticket taken care of and they will retint my windows for free.

Metallic tint causes interference with the radio reception and any GPS or COMAND sytem in your car. Avoid Metallic tint if you have a car with the above features.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 PM

You might get lucky and find someone at the dealership who knows about moleskin, but i would not guarentee it. When I told my service advisor about it, he was very clueless. Then again he should be as he only deals with OEM issues, and aftermarket tint is not a OEM issue.

Well since you live in California (i do as well) ANY tint on your driver or passenger side windows is illegal. My Tint job has full ticket protection. This means if for some reason I get a ticket for tinted windows, all i have to do is take it to the tink shop..they strip it off. Then I go get the ticket taken care of and they will retint my windows for free.

Metallic tint causes interference with the radio reception and any GPS or COMAND sytem in your car. Avoid Metallic tint if you have a car with the above features.
Damn that sucks!
I live in long beach souther california and have yet to see a car get pulled over with tints on the driver's side, The law was uplifted in 1999 they allowed tints but to only a certain degree I have the tint laws here. I will avoid metallic.

California Window Tint Law
California Tint Law Enacted: 1999
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.
Front Side Windows Must not be more reflective than a standard window.
Back Side Windows Must not be more reflective than a standard window.

OTHER CALIFORNIA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
Medical Exemption State law does NOT allow medical exemptions that would allow you use special tint.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:22 PM

how much should a good tint job cost? I heard somewhere from 300 to 450 bucks.

Also would I have to leave my car overnight or do they do the tint quick?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 PM

Dia Blk '06 C230

where did you get ur tint job done and how much did it cost? that ticket protection sounds nuts, i'm also in LA. I also just got a black diamond '06
c230, and tints are a definate must. After searching the forums i found very little useful info on where to get tints done in LA, so i hope the 'SEARCH' demons dont **** this thread. thanks bro-
Old 01-29-2006, 09:37 PM

how much should a good tint job cost? I heard somewhere from 300 to 450 bucks.

Also would I have to leave my car overnight or do they do the tint quick?
hell no man, i wouldn't spend anything over 150 to get it done.
as far as a shop, its kind of far from you but, i usually go to california tint in rosemead, ca they do really good jobs there. good luck
Old 01-29-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
'16 SL550, '18 Porsche Macan GTS
I'm curious about the moleskin thing?????? In Missouri we can use 35% on the front windows legally, butu I have had 4 different cars tinted and never used "moleskin" with no scratching what so ever. Granted they were BMW's so maybe it'a an MB thing. Please elaborate!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Its an MB thing. Just type "moleskin" into the search function.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:27 PM

I really need good info on this moleskin thing as well...but I first want to know what the best tint is.

come on guys I know their is some pros out their with c230's

it kinda sucks that most benzes aint tinted/
Old 01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
congrats to the new ride
Old 01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Welcome! Nice car! Love the color. I would've gone with that color too if it was available when I got my car, although it is kinda cool having a color that won't be used ever again.

drex
Old 01-30-2006, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Welcome! Nice car! Love the color. I would've gone with that color too if it was available when I got my car, although it is kinda cool having a color that won't be used ever again.

drex
ya Thanks for giving me the heads up about posting in my other thread.

ya that color is nice I can see it out my window right now it looks black now...I will be getting the perma plate put on on thursday for freee at the dealer! everything the exterior interior the works! I heard it lasts on for a year and the good thing is I get that service for 5 years! so anytime something is ruining in the car they will replace it even if its a seat that was torn
Old 01-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
ya Thanks for giving me the heads up about posting in my other thread.

ya that color is nice I can see it out my window right now it looks black now...I will be getting the perma plate put on on thursday for freee at the dealer! everything the exterior interior the works! I heard it lasts on for a year and the good thing is I get that service for 5 years! so anytime something is ruining in the car they will replace it even if its a seat that was torn
I wish I had gotten the perma plate as well! That is a great thing to have. The dealership I bought from didn't even know what it was and I found out about it after the fact, but either way I still got a good deal.

Now all you have to do is just read up on all the stuff available for the car and enjoy!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:00 AM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals

The car doesnt have tinted windows do you suggest getting the windows tinted at the dealer? or find a shop? I am willing to spend for a good tint.

Also the stereo is standard I believe but the bass is pretty good for standard I have a question I was wondering if those two speaker looking things in the back are speakers? I turned on the radio and I did not hear or feel any music of vibration from them...I looked in the manual and it doesnt show where all the speaker areas are can someone please help me out with that.

I dont really plan on changing anything just leaving it stock for now The wheels look nice and it only had 30 miles on it it was 15 miles before I drove it home from the dealer.. plus I love the color it is a pretty rare and beaitiful color Diamond black it kinda looks blueish black.

Ill have more questions later.

thanks.

Congrats - I have the same colour. Looks blue at times, purple in others and just plain black too. What dija get on it? How many pedals?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:33 AM

Sweet

Yea, let us know what options you got on it. And if you don't mind, how much did you get it for and what kind of a deal? I'm in the market myself and any helpful information you could provide would be really great.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:42 AM

I recommend WinTech. Its not that far from you. Just down the 405. They're roughly $215. http://www.wintechtinting.com/automotive.htm They do a lot of decent cars... Tons of BMW 5 series... yes yes I know I know... Another place is XLNT Tint in Anaheim. $~180

Xlnt Tint Window Tinting
2940 E LA Palma Ave Ste C
Anaheim, CA 92806-2619
(714) 630-6227

and last but not least Sprewell Racing in San Gabriel. They tint all of Spreewells HIGH HIGH end cars. Of course Sprewell does own that shop there. ~$180

http://www.sprewellracing.com/
Old 01-31-2006, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by MB_Sport
Yea, let us know what options you got on it. And if you don't mind, how much did you get it for and what kind of a deal? I'm in the market myself and any helpful information you could provide would be really great.

I got it for 32 grand. It went up to 36 grand I believe I had to put the optional 7 speed automatic tranny, and the sun roof package and some other stuff that I have yet to find out lol. I have not drove it much since I dont want it to get dirty before they put the perma plate on.

it is one in a million chance that you will find a 06 c230 brand new for the base price of 29g's.

they charge you like 680 for the color you choose, and other little details.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:07 PM

I saw one on E-bay with O options, it was a 6 speed, black /black. Dealers can do a search of course. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM

2000 CLK 430 Coupe

thanks.
I would recommend looking into Huper Optik ceramic tint. It costs more than metallic tints, but does an incredible job blocking out heat and looks amazing.

Huper Optik

Regards,

e harmon
Old 01-31-2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by e harmon
I would recommend looking into Huper Optik ceramic tint. It costs more than metallic tints, but does an incredible job blocking out heat and looks amazing.

Huper Optik

Regards,

e harmon

Is that stuff hard to find? I want soemthing that has good privacy as well.

do alot of tint shops have that stuff or is it rare?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:26 AM

Its rare... only 2 places in So Cal carried it when I researched it last year... there might be more now.

BUt Wintech is one of them. See post 20 above...