C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
edit:
looking at some of this guy's other posts, they seem to have more 'natural' language. Some of the things in this thread seem more forced. Why the difference? I don't know yet.

edit II:
upon further reflection, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to make this accusation just yet. Still, something sounds amiss.
I agree - it does sound fishy - which is why I have zero interest in it... but I don't think there's enough there to call it outright BS... yet...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by aecasasus
By it giving you instant response to the throttle.....Wouldn't it improve in 1/4 mile and 0-60mph timing?

I think it will but like said before....No dealer/distributor of any kind in the US nor times posted. No pictures of it installed either. I'm not doubting that this module might do what they say it does, but I'm actually doubting on some of the posts here saying that they have or have tried it. They can't reference anyone selling it in the US and I really doubt everyone (from BMW forum)are sending money (just like that) out of the Country to buy one.

Then again....Any contacts/dealer/distributor/person selling these in the US?
I think it does this - it makes the car a little bit more peppy for that first initial split second. It probably removes the "double checking" lag time which confirms that the throttle position is correct and that you do indeed want to move from a standing start.

How I know this - I was in the vicinity of a very large bridge lifter when it was just about to shutdown and the EMP pulse it made cause my throttle to go crazy, the brake lights to come on and the speed limiter to kick in. The people behind me were freaked out. So I do know that the car has a multiple sampling of the throttle position which adds time to the input request.

If you supply that additional data faster to the ECU it thinks that the sampling is done and offers that fuel load to the engine.

Its just wallet grease.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

I am just sharing my opinions of this throttle device, isn't this a community where we can voice our opinions on a product ? Like I said, nobody is asking you to buy them...I have a also enclosed a Bimmer link where everyone has been trying it and love it. Go and read for yourself..

Scenario here is just that somone is sharing a piece of info on this product installed in his vehicle and other claims it to be BS...Well, everyone has their opinions...I was exactly very skeptical about this when I read the series of threads from the bimmer forums about this device, I call it BS too. Today, sorry for saying, I have to take those words back after trying it...

I am not a salesman, this is not my trade. Honestly speaking, the throttle response of the stock M271 is sucks...Until I tried it, the car becomes alive..

Here is the bimmer link, 300 replies and post on this sprint booster...perhaps someone should just hop in the bimmer thread and let them know that this is BS...

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/engine-...dy-device.html

Last edited by slkfans; 05-03-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK200 Kompressor
Originally Posted by slkfans
Gents,

I am just sharing my opinions of this throttle device, isn't this a community where we can voice our opinions on a product ? Like I said, nobody is asking you to buy them...I have a also enclosed a Bimmer link where everyone has been trying it and love it. Go and read for yourself..

Scenario here is just that somone is sharing a piece of info on this product installed in his vehicle and other claims it to be BS...Well, everyone has their opinions...I was exactly very skeptical about this when I read the series of threads from the bimmer forums about this device, I call it BS too. Today, sorry for saying, I have to take those words back after trying it...

I am not a salesman, this is not my trade. Honestly speaking, the throttle response of the stock M271 is sucks...Until I tried it, the car becomes alive..

Here is the bimmer link, 300 replies and post on this sprint booster...perhaps someone should just hop in the bimmer thread and let them know that this is BS...

I have been reading with interest the posts in respect of the sprint booster

I drive a CLK 200 Kompressor Cabriolet which has been quite extensively upgraded to give an increase in performance and looks.

A Brabus body kit
19inch Brabus rims
Lowered on Eibach springs
Upgrade CARLSSON PULLEY KIT.
Full remap and engine tuning by Brabus (Very expensive)
Stainless steel 4 branch exhaust header
4 branch Brabus exhaust tips
Custom red and grey leather interior
Illuminated Brabus sill plates
Brabus brake, accelerator and foot brake pedals
Brabus gear lever knob.

The car is quite well known and according to opinions is recognised as one of the best CLK,s in Singapore to the extent it was featured in a local mororing magazine a few months ago.

I figured I had brought the car to what I considered the specification I had aimed for in respect of performance and looks

I read about the sprint booster and decided to fit it on a trial basis, expecting very little increase in performance, I was completely taken aback by the resulting increase in acceleration.The slightest pressure on the accelerator pedal sets the car off like a rocket, it has transformed the performance from what was a very quick car thanks to the work done on the ECU and pulley upgrade, to a different level. The car was timed prior to fitting the sprint booster and achieved 6 seconds to 100 Kph. After fitting the booster it timed out at 5.2 seconds.
This increase in acceleration is evident throughout the entire rev/gear range.

I am not a salesman or one prone to wild claims or exagerations, just a keen car person who has owned many performance cars in the UK and the States over the years
This is without any doubt a very affective upgrade to the performance of my car
Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 AM

Where is 209MAD ? He has installed the sprint booster on his CLK Coupe and he was amazed with the throttle response.

209MAD ? If you are reading this post, just let us know your views and your thoughts...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Gents,

So it fixes some defect in the BMW system and this is not something I will lose sleep over. We asked for times and install photos - at least there is one member who can understand the former.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Captain Jack
I have been reading with interest the posts in respect of the sprint booster

I drive a CLK 200 Kompressor Cabriolet which has been quite extensively upgraded to give an increase in performance and looks.

A Brabus body kit
19inch Brabus rims
Lowered on Eibach springs
Upgrade CARLSSON PULLEY KIT.
Full remap and engine tuning by Brabus (Very expensive)
Stainless steel 4 branch exhaust header
4 branch Brabus exhaust tips
Custom red and grey leather interior
Illuminated Brabus sill plates
Brabus brake, accelerator and foot brake pedals
Brabus gear lever knob.

The car is quite well known and according to opinions is recognised as one of the best CLK,s in Singapore to the extent it was featured in a local mororing magazine a few months ago.

I figured I had brought the car to what I considered the specification I had aimed for in respect of performance and looks

I read about the sprint booster and decided to fit it on a trial basis, expecting very little increase in performance, I was completely taken aback by the resulting increase in acceleration.The slightest pressure on the accelerator pedal sets the car off like a rocket, it has transformed the performance from what was a very quick car thanks to the work done on the ECU and pulley upgrade, to a different level. The car was timed prior to fitting the sprint booster and achieved 6 seconds to 100 Kph. After fitting the booster it timed out at 5.2 seconds.
This increase in acceleration is evident throughout the entire rev/gear range.

I am not a salesman or one prone to wild claims or exagerations, just a keen car person who has owned many performance cars in the UK and the States over the years
This is without any doubt a very affective upgrade to the performance of my car
So acceleration and power increase. Then it must be visible on a dyno. So there is no need for HoustonC230 to suggest people are silly for asking about it. Any real gain must appear on a dyno curve otherwise it is imaginary.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Where is 209MAD ? He has installed the sprint booster on his CLK Coupe and he was amazed with the throttle response.

209MAD ? If you are reading this post, just let us know your views and your thoughts...
Maybe he became a NORAD object 6 minutes after installation.

Apparently they also track Santa

mms://wms.stream.aol.com/aol/us/kol/...nglish_320.wmv
Old 05-08-2006, 12:48 AM

Fellas, I jsut got back from the US and have been given headsup on this thread, so I'm giving my opinion of this product which I first got wind of from my colleague who drives a 525 here in Singapore. What got me interested was that this guy was raving about the new found responsiveness on his Beamer and I figured it wasn't a huge investment, and went ahead with the mod. Ordered it from the same workshop, had it put in by the same mechanic, took all of maybe 10 minutes.

My observation based on my 240 W209: It has indeed made the car a lot more responsive, not just in the take off, but throughout the entire acceleration. There is a split second dip right after it shifts to, perhaps the 3rd gear, by which time, I am well ahead and recovering from the rush. On cruising, when I floor the pedal, it downshifts in about half the time it normally takes, but the power thereafter is about the same as usual. It just kicks in faster.

For those of you who are skeptical, that's fine, you are entitled to it. We've all seen skepticisms on almost every mod, any car. Just as some swear by Powerchip, other will scoff at it. Fine. Bottom line, no one's saying you have to get it, it's just our opinions. Certainly no need for calling other's BS or putting other's down. I'd like to think for the cars we drive, we're above all that. And even if someone is really taking some freebies, which I'm sure no one is, because where you get it, how you get it, and how much you pay for it is up to you, what's the fuss?? Coz you're not the one getting the freebies?? It's a 300 dollar product for goodness sakes! If you really think this is BS, leave the forum! Why stick around just so you can poke **** and put others down? For the rest of us, we'd rather you just say "no thanks", and went on your merry way.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by 209MAD
My observation based on my 240 W209: It has indeed made the car a lot more responsive, not just in the take off, but throughout the entire acceleration. There is a split second dip right after it shifts to, perhaps the 3rd gear, by which time, I am well ahead and recovering from the rush. On cruising, when I floor the pedal, it downshifts in about half the time it normally takes, but the power thereafter is about the same as usual. It just kicks in faster.
interesting... this post actually seems reasonably credible. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
If it doesn't show up on a Dyno, then this thread is absolutely worthless to me.

Please take your BULL**** eslewhere.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM

HOLY ***** GUYS!!! I just installed this thing and my first trip was taking my dog to the vet... look what happened!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed-fastdog.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM

'04 C230K SS
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
HOLY ***** GUYS!!! I just installed this thing and my first trip was taking my dog to the vet... look what happened!!!!
Funny!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:03 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
man i cant believe some of the CRAP you people have posted on this thread bashing a product that NONE of you probably understands how it works?? thats ok you guys dont need to buy it just let the rest of us who understand DBW enjoy this thing... all this guy was trying to do is pass on the word about a great mod and you all just flamed him, what ever happened to keeping an open mind? Several of us went in on a group buy that was going on for this product and no one regrets it. Although at first i was sent one for a manual trans the distributor exchanged it with no questions asked. the 0-60 is definetly effected.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by p rossi
man i cant believe some of the CRAP you people have posted on this thread bashing a product that NONE of you probably understands how it works?? thats ok you guys dont need to buy it just let the rest of us who understand DBW enjoy this thing... all this guy was trying to do is pass on the word about a great mod and you all just flamed him, what ever happened to keeping an open mind? Several of us went in on a group buy that was going on for this product and no one regrets it. Although at first i was sent one for a manual trans the distributor exchanged it with no questions asked. the 0-60 is definetly effected.
p rossi,

I just got to realize that the spring booster comes in 2 revisions....The standard and the aggressive...standard provides a very mild driving behaviour while the aggressive mode exhibits a punchy ride...You may want to check yours....

I checked mine and it was the aggressive revision.....some of the M3 fellows are suffering a nightmare when they installed the aggressive mode and had to take it off and replace it with the standard....
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 PM

BMW 135i
ok GUYS i just saw the websitre of the sprint booster i notice that its a Greek website and the guy in the video was talking greek. i will call greece my self since im greek . have friends in greece and will also ask them if they know about this sprint booster. now will really find out the truth
Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 PM

excellent
Old 08-29-2006, 11:46 PM

The Chrysler crossfire fans are in love with the sprint booster....they are arranging a group buy.....

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...?t=11277:rolf:
Old 08-30-2006, 09:34 AM

BMW 135i
wellwell what do you know IT DOES WORK NO B.S

my friend from greece emaild me back saying that .. its made in greece
it works for ALL mercedes its 200(euro) US dollors about 300bucks , he also said it DOES NOT give any psi , throttle response is amazaing it increase in acceleration BIG TIME he said . and that he heard that it works really really good now im going to try and call the company in greece about it, im getting it
who knows maybe a group buy?????????? lol
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM

E200K W211 (M271)
Think many are missing the point about this sprint booster. I know what it means at I drive a non DBW car (JDM Integra or what US knows as Acura RSX) and the DBW W211 E200K.

The JDM Integra has instant response when I probe the gas paddle, i.e. almost zero lag time bet my right foot and the rpm.

On the E200K, the DBW somehow seems to delay the signals from the gas pedal, so that the revs come 1/2 sec later. It's this lag that detracts from driving when we want to stab and overtake.

And no, it will NOT show on the dyno chart, as it's bhp over rpm. Sprint booster will ensure you achieve your rpm in your intended timing (almost immediate engine response to right foot), but will not result in higer torque or bhp over rpm.

So I think those we cry B.S. due to dyno charts really sounds like they haven't grasp the concept yet, or is unaware about how much faster a non DBW car responses to our right foot.

However, it "may" show a faster 0-100km/hr timing, as the DBW E200K with sprint booster may respond faster to us flooring the gas pedal and climb to the higher revs in less time where the engine has more power to pull the car forward.

Last edited by VBlaster_W211; 08-30-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM

2005 C230 Sedan 6spd
So how do we order?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 AM

E200K W211 (M271)
Sorry, I only know the garage (MBM Wheelpower) that specialises in Merc in Singapore that fits them. Not sure about international sale.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:38 AM

2005 C230 SS
Thumbs up I'll try it...

So how can I get one?...and does a mechanic need to install it or can I? I have been itching to do a little mod and this sounds like it will be the one. By the way thank you to all that have written feedback on this item...
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 AM

2005 C230K
The 32 and 55 amg guys have been all over it. They have had lots of good, reputable, reviews.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/141056-throttle-booster-highly-recommand.html
Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 AM

05 C230K SS
The Chrysler crossfire fans are in love with the sprint booster....they are arranging a group buy.....

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...?t=11277:rolf:
Is anyone reading or even listening to what slkfans had to say? As slkfans pointed out, you can get it on the Crossfire forum group buy. Just sign up.

BDD451A for automatic transmission
BDD451 for manual transmission

this is the link:
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...=11277&page=21

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed