C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

now i just hate my dealer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
now i just hate my dealer...

I bought my ML500 in for service and i got a C280 for a loaner, on the way to the dealer, to pick up the car, going abt 30mph, the drivers side front tire popped, all of a sudden, on a local street. I called the roadside and I noticed that theres a tear also on the pass front tire wall. So I called the dealer, asking them to get a tow and they said that i'll have to pay for it, so i said "F that" i drove up to the dealers and now they blame me that i supposedly "hit a huge pothole"

the problem is, the loaner car department, gave me a loaner that was JUST returned, and the guy didnt look around for the damages b4 he gave me the car, now its f-ed up and i gota pay for 2 tires and 1 damaged rim for $706.

wtf can i do? im so pissed off
Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
wow. I hate your dealer too.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Your probably getting all this bull**** from your car advisor right? Forget him and ask him to direct you to his advisor and talk to him instead.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
tell them you'll take this to court...

and before you got the car, did they give you a walk around?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:00 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
the issue is that if the cars condition was not noted, then it is assumed to be in good condition. while i agree with you and the dealer should pay, they probably will fight you hard on this. You should make the point that the car was not properly inspected and therefore may not have been safe to drive. Good luck.

Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Wonder how much of the damage could've been avoided if the car would've been towed. Driving it back in that condition........ And now the expectation of dealer responsibility.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Wonder how much of the damage could've been avoided if the car would've been towed. Driving it back in that condition........ And now the expectation of dealer responsibility.
You could have just PUT THE DAMN SPARE TIRE ON...
Old 04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by Outland
You could have just PUT THE DAMN SPARE TIRE ON...
Sometimes you can't think straight right after experiencing a bad incident
Old 04-01-2006, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by mick1
Sometimes you can't think straight right after experiencing a bad incident

yeah at first, I thought that a popped spare tire is not liable thats why I got the roadside to do it (hey its free service!)

I wasnt talking to my service advisor, I was talking to "Business Solutions Manager" her name I don't want to mention it *cough Gail Fernandez cough*
She assumed that the car was in perfect condition, she wouldn't release my car until the damage was paid for, as she said "she will furthur investigate"

I was not offered a "walk around" when I got my loaner. As for the loaner car department manager was not in today, everything was assumed. I asked them nicely to have the car towed, but they wanted me to "pay in advance" for the tow. And as I thought "theyre gonna make me pay for the dam tire and rim anyways" might as well just drive it up.

I'm gonna complain to MBUSA and possibly talk to my lawyer about this issue. Because the "car was not properly inspected by a shop tech" before I got it.

and one last thing, if the investigation was "my fault" since I paid for the rims and tires, I'm gonna be an asssssssshole and ask for it back. If she threw them away, I'm gonna have her give me back a set..just for being a dick to her kuz she was being a ***** to me

sucks....I was supposed to buy a new eisenmann exhaust with the 800 I saved up these 3 weeks, but now i gota pay for the ****kin damages! i...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 AM

BMW 135i
no way Gary???? we have the same adviser right? gary dont be dum dont pay anything why didnt you call me and i will take care of it, i can call the manager i know him well
Old 04-02-2006, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Originally Posted by c230 o5
no way Gary???? we have the same adviser right? gary dont be dum dont pay anything why didnt you call me and i will take care of it, i can call the manager i know him well
Your grammer is horrible
Old 04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
im gonna call the guy at the loaner department, ask him what he thinks of this situation.... then write a letter to MBUSA in monteville? montvale? NJ
Old 04-02-2006, 06:56 PM

'03 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by c230 o5
wow.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
First I do not get why they would not tow there own vehicle. Even though it is not sold yet MB Roadside is available. Also there insurance should cover a blow out. The rim damage that is at least. So the dealer would be out a tire and that is it. Since the rim would not have been damaged they would not even need to file a claim. Also lets note that the dealer can warranty that tire most likely since the vehicle was theres, they could have put the claim on a brand new one if they wanted, not like MB would check. Last, you should not have driven to the dealer or anywhere on a flat tire, would you have driven your own vehicle on a flat tire? If you will not do it with your own vehicle why would you do it with someone elses? You should have changed the tire since you had that option. Once again MB Roadside should have covered that for you. ***** they still come out after my 20 year old 190 if I call.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 AM

Metro Card : (
Originally Posted by advans
im gonna call the guy at the loaner department, ask him what he thinks of this situation.... then write a letter to MBUSA in monteville? montvale? NJ

1 Mercedes Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645 (i think is the zip)
Old 04-03-2006, 01:39 PM

2005 C230SS 6spd Blk/Blk, 2006 C350 SS 6spd Blk/Blk
Which dealer is this?

Give them a REALLY BAD satisfaction survey and threaten them with it. Those survery mean a lot to them.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by neilsam
Which dealer is this?

Give them a REALLY BAD satisfaction survey and threaten them with it. Those survery mean a lot to them.

MB Manhattan! I'm giving them all ZEROS I hate them now, im just gonna service at dealers like soverign,

Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
First I do not get why they would not tow there own vehicle. Even though it is not sold yet MB Roadside is available. Also there insurance should cover a blow out. The rim damage that is at least. So the dealer would be out a tire and that is it. Since the rim would not have been damaged they would not even need to file a claim. Also lets note that the dealer can warranty that tire most likely since the vehicle was theres, they could have put the claim on a brand new one if they wanted, not like MB would check. Last, you should not have driven to the dealer or anywhere on a flat tire, would you have driven your own vehicle on a flat tire? If you will not do it with your own vehicle why would you do it with someone elses? You should have changed the tire since you had that option. Once again MB Roadside should have covered that for you. ***** they still come out after my 20 year old 190 if I call.
I didn't drive with a flat, I called MB roadside and they had someone change the flat to the spare...

update* I called my insurance company and i'm filing a claim for the damages, also I believe that the dealer's insurance to a "new" car should cover the damages, the just want to blame it on me.... I called the guy at the loaner dept. he said that he "checked the car throughly" when I was there that morning i got my loaner, he just took a quick look at the body....hes blaming that on me so he can save his ***
Old 04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I hate to pile up on you, but you really should have done your own walkaround before taking the loaner. I'd never pull out of a dealership before making sure that the car appeared fine.

I can't imagine the dealership bending over on this one for you, unfortunately. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't get the cost. 2 tires, and a wheel repair does not equal close to $800. They can get those tires for about $100 each and get the rim repaired for about $100. Besides, the tires couldn't have been new. So lets say the car had 10K miles and the expected life is 20k miles, then you would only be liable for half the cost of the tire. Tell them you'll have tirerack send them the tires and they should pay for wear and tear on the existing tires and call a rim repair place and get an estimate and you may only have to pay out $200 or so. You will not get away with nothing as the damage happened on your watch unless you can prove otherwise. Antagonizing them will be worse for you in the long run as you'll have to go to another dealer out of embarrassment. Negotiation is your only way out. Also, they can't legally hold your car, call the police and have them deal with it.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 c240 wagon
I was not offered a "walk around" when I got my loaner.
Sounds like you better request a "reach around" because you are about to get f***ed.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:07 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
I don't get the cost. 2 tires, and a wheel repair does not equal close to $800. They can get those tires for about $100 each and get the rim repaired for about $100. Besides, the tires couldn't have been new. So lets say the car had 10K miles and the expected life is 20k miles, then you would only be liable for half the cost of the tire. Tell them you'll have tirerack send them the tires and they should pay for wear and tear on the existing tires and call a rim repair place and get an estimate and you may only have to pay out $200 or so. You will not get away with nothing as the damage happened on your watch unless you can prove otherwise. Antagonizing them will be worse for you in the long run as you'll have to go to another dealer out of embarrassment. Negotiation is your only way out. Also, they can't legally hold your car, call the police and have them deal with it.
problably the best thing to do. go directly to the advisor. tell him that you are willing to pay, but only the wholesale prices they pay, rather than the MSRP price tag.

next time you know what you have to do - walk around the car and check it, and dont wait for someone to offer you one.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
MB Manhattan! I'm giving them all ZEROS I hate them now, im just gonna service at dealers like soverign,

I didn't drive with a flat, I called MB roadside and they had someone change the flat to the spare...

update* I called my insurance company and i'm filing a claim for the damages, also I believe that the dealer's insurance to a "new" car should cover the damages, the just want to blame it on me.... I called the guy at the loaner dept. he said that he "checked the car throughly" when I was there that morning i got my loaner, he just took a quick look at the body....hes blaming that on me so he can save his ***
Ah I see now. When I read it the first time it sounded like you drove back to the dealer on the flat tire since they would not send a tow truck. You never mention changing to the spare in the OP so I assumed you actually drove the car with the flat as you never mentioned putting on the spare tire.

Now for the who pays for the tires. Well since one blew out I would say the Stealer is responsible for both tires. Due to the fact that by sending you out with a tire with a defect there were putting your life at risk. Just get real defensive with them and they may realize you are telling the truth. They have coverage for all that stuff so they will be ok. Trust me they are not going to actually pay for anything since they will most likely do what most dealers do and warranty it on another vehicle. They would even send back the curb rashed wheel and say it happened coming off the truck and was not noticed until the vehicle was fully cleaned so that is why it is not on the delivery sheet. Same with the tires, if they are good with warranty claims they could walk away with no money spent.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
Ah I see now. When I read it the first time it sounded like you drove back to the dealer on the flat tire since they would not send a tow truck. You never mention changing to the spare in the OP so I assumed you actually drove the car with the flat as you never mentioned putting on the spare tire.

Now for the who pays for the tires. Well since one blew out I would say the Stealer is responsible for both tires. Due to the fact that by sending you out with a tire with a defect there were putting your life at risk. Just get real defensive with them and they may realize you are telling the truth. They have coverage for all that stuff so they will be ok. Trust me they are not going to actually pay for anything since they will most likely do what most dealers do and warranty it on another vehicle. They would even send back the curb rashed wheel and say it happened coming off the truck and was not noticed until the vehicle was fully cleaned so that is why it is not on the delivery sheet. Same with the tires, if they are good with warranty claims they could walk away with no money spent.
When I was at the dealer saturday afternoon, they FORCED ME TO PAY ON THE SPOT, they said they would not release my vehicle until it was paid, and I had an important family trip on sunday. The wheel was not even "damaged" it had minor curb rash, it was a brand new vehicle, it had about 200 miles on it. I'm gonna post pictures up of the damaged rim/tires tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:12 PM

C32
When I was at the dealer saturday afternoon, they FORCED ME TO PAY ON THE SPOT, they said they would not release my vehicle until it was paid, and I had an important family trip on sunday. The wheel was not even "damaged" it had minor curb rash, it was a brand new vehicle, it had about 200 miles on it. I'm gonna post pictures up of the damaged rim/tires tomorrow.
You should have told them you will tell all potential customers in the sales floor that this dealer's service is questionable. You may incite a few flames but you will definitely get the Sales reps a ton of attention.

The big problem is they realized you drove back on a flat, which caused subsequent rim damage, no matter how small it was.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:57 PM

C230 WZ - Six Speed
Originally Posted by AK*S203*owner
Sounds like you better request a "reach around" because you are about to get f***ed.
this is the funniest ish I heard all day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: now i just hate my dealer...