C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tubular headers.. race cat..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tubular headers.. race cat..

Hello MB owners

This is my first thred here at this forum. I am from europe and my english isn't the best..

I tried to do a search for tubular headers but I couldn't find what I am looking for!

My car is a W203 C200 2002mod with the old 2.0 engine M111 163hp. I do have the AMG style package and I have modded the car with a kleemann boost-kit and the car is faster, but I still want more power.

What is the best way to go? Headers, or tubular headers with race cat can give me some more power!? But kleemann don't have headers for this engine, they only have it for the newer 1.8 M271. With a boost-kit and tubular headers the M271 engine will gain as much as 230hp from the stock 163 says kleemann.

Where can I get headers for my engine, the M111?? Are there other opportunities to get more power from this engine? Larger intercooler or .. ??
Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by SCLightning
Hello MB owners

This is my first thred here at this forum. I am from europe and my english isn't the best..

I tried to do a search for tubular headers but I couldn't find what I am looking for!

My car is a W203 C200 2002mod with the old 2.0 engine M111 163hp. I do have the AMG style package and I have modded the car with a kleemann boost-kit and the car is faster, but I still want more power.

What is the best way to go? Headers, or tubular headers with race cat can give me some more power!? But kleemann don't have headers for this engine, they only have it for the newer 1.8 M271. With a boost-kit and tubular headers the M271 engine will gain as much as 230hp from the stock 163 says kleemann.

Where can I get headers for my engine, the M111?? Are there other opportunities to get more power from this engine? Larger intercooler or .. ??
Supersprint has a complete exhaust system for the M111.

flip
Old 04-24-2006, 01:30 PM

Supersprint ! OK. Thanks

Where are they located? Europe or the States?

I also have AMG exhaust/muffler from the cat, so I don't need a whole exhaust system, but headers and probably a racecat..

Are there any other possibilities to get more power from this car/engine without doing any mechanic changes..?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
They're a european company - www.supersprint.com will have a listing of dealers in your country.

I've got their headers and a Magnaflow universal cat - works pretty well.

I'd make sure that, if you go with headers and a cat, the AMG exhaust isn't then the weak part of your exhaust system.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by tommy
They're a european company - www.supersprint.com will have a listing of dealers in your country.

I've got their headers and a Magnaflow universal cat - works pretty well.

I'd make sure that, if you go with headers and a cat, the AMG exhaust isn't then the weak part of your exhaust system.
Thanks tommy.

But what do you mean about the AMG exhaust isn't the weak part of my system? You have their headers yes, and it works pretty well!? How much power do these gain? What about sound? do you remember the prize for the headers? Do you have a pulley/boost-kit on your car?

Lots of questions her.. hope its ok.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

By that, I mean that an AMG exhaust is designed to work with the existing stuff. I have no idea of the diameter of the AMG tubing, but if you have larger tubing throughout your system, and then it goes to your exhaust, and your exhaust is smaller, it's not a good thing, performance-wise. AMG's in general a little more conservative than the aftermarket companies, that's all I was thinking. It's something to look at, once you have the rest of your components in place.

Here's a pic of my header, installed:

I had it coated, inside and out, to keep temps down.

I bought mine off another member, but I think the general price is $1,000 or so. I didn't see much at the dyno, actually, in terms of gain. The pulley I had installed gave much more gains (it's a Renntech).

Noise - most people would say that my car's too loud, I'd imagine. But I have an Eisenmann race exhaust at the end, so I expected it to be.

No problem about the questions. I can't let Drex answer every thread here.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:48 AM

OK, I see.

Thanks for the info tommy.

I have been talking to supersprint, and they have headers and racecat for this engine. Its supposed to gain 12-15hp, and the prize is apr.1.400$ including shipping and taxes.

I think its to expensive when it only gains 12-15hp.....

what do you think about it?

The headers on your car looks great! what else have you done to mod your car/engine?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by SCLightning
I think its to expensive when it only gains 12-15hp.....

what do you think about it?

The headers on your car looks great! what else have you done to mod your car/engine?
Unfortunately, for a Benz, that's not a bad price for gains. But I kind of doubt you'll see that much from their headers/cat combo, but you never know.

I've done about as much to my car as I'm gonna, except for some cosmetic stuff and stereo, eventually. Performance: Supersprint headers, Magnaflow cat, Renntech pulley, Eisenmann exhaust, Upsolute chipping. Handling: Eibach matched suspension, Eibach swaybars, 18" OZ Ultraleggeras w/Yoko Neova AD07s. The car drives better than stock, but it's not going to be winning any races at Pocono.

People have experimented with other mods, to varying degrees of success. Such as new intercooler, injectors, boring out the throttle body. It's just a hard platform to mod from after a certain point, unless you're willing to venture into untouched areas.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:28 AM

2007 Honda CBR 600RR// BLK'03 C32K (RIP)// 2003 Acura RSX Type-S//1999 Lexus SC400//
i was just looking at supersprint's website...and i just couldn't find how much HP gain for their headers and how much they cost....any idea anyone? thanx in advance.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

It's right here:

http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/207

Hefty price.