C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Group Buy for Carbon Fiber Front Add on Lip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by jan ken po
Man, at best you were #24 on the original list. So even if he went in order, you would have still been out.

The way people signed up so quick, something told me to keep an eye on this thread all day. Even still, with me being 1st on the list. I think my actual order was like 15th or so. There is a chance my driveway may not allow for the lip w/o daily scraping. If so, then I'll sell mine for what Neal charged.
i know mine wouldnt let me. was one of the reasons not to jump on the trail wagon
Old 05-11-2006, 12:55 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by p rossi
well what you should do then is close the group buy and when you get more in stock offer the $295 price to those who placed orders and you had to cancel!!
This, to me, seems like in an inappropriate answer. The logistics of business aren't always straightforward and group buys are nothing but a bonus. No one complains (justifiably) when they go to a store sale and certain items are out-of-stock. Not judging on your comment, just an observation.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by kickR
theres one negative thing though ...now having a CF lip isnt anything special anymore. at least not on this forum
Sure it is, there are only 30 or less CF lips spreading over 50 states.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Hi Guys, I do appreciate all the interest, (now that we pretty much just gave them away, lol). The idea of the group buy was for a few select people to get it at that price. In this case 20 people. We cannot just lower the price of these and just keep giving them away at the group buy price without a group buy. We only had 20 lips at the time I made this group buy, as much as I love the extra business, I do not even have anything for any one over the 20 people as you can see. To make more lips cost us money, we still will probably be doing this. But the lips will not be made for at least one month probably. At that time pricing will go back to normal. But if maybe there is a lot of interest at the time, I wont say this will never happen again since there are so many people wanting it. But lets just wait until we have more so we can at least have something to give you. Talking about who does not have one now will not be getting anyone anywhere.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
Actually a few are going to Canada and even out of North America.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:42 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
you have to read the sentence after that ...
Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
Originally Posted by ericnovember
This, to me, seems like in an inappropriate answer. The logistics of business aren't always straightforward and group buys are nothing but a bonus. No one complains (justifiably) when they go to a store sale and certain items are out-of-stock. Not judging on your comment, just an observation.
Why is this an inappropriate answer? How many people actually paid for them and not just signed up on the list, i didnt say he should sell them to everyone for that price just the people who's orders were cancelled...p.s., some stores give rainchecks if an item is out of stock.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Why is this an inappropriate answer? How many people actually paid for them and not just signed up on the list, i didnt say he should sell them to everyone for that price just the people who's orders were cancelled...p.s., some stores give rainchecks if an item is out of stock.
No one who is not getting a lip paid. You may have placed an order to see if you made the list of 20 people but those people who are not getting a lip did not get charged therefor they did not pay anything whatsoever.

We are not Walmart, we do not give rainchecks on a limited production/supply of items when we clearly specify only 20 people and no more are getting a lip. No where did we say if it goes over 20 anyone gets anything. This was for the first 20 people and no more.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Neal don't sweat man it. I got a feelin no matter how this thing would've gone down, someone would be upset. Tis the nature of the beast. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to satify everyone.

I'm not trying be disingenuous to those that missed, because I might have been a tad upset at 1st. But the man can run his business however he chooses. My 1st group buy here anyways, but I was under the assumption that it did go by that list. But for all we know, he treated the list as # of interested people and once it got past 20, the he opened sales to 1C/1S. Bottomline, cut the man some slack for even offering the lip at these prices in the 1st place.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
no offense, but you should be the last to talk. you came in at the very last minute expecting to get on the list. you would not have even been in the 20. people that were very high on the list didn't even get the lip, it was more chance than anything else...
Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Neal don't sweat man it. I got a feelin no matter how this thing would've gone down, someone would be upset. Tis the nature of the beast. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to satify everyone.

I'm not trying be disingenuous to those that missed, because I might have been a tad upset at 1st. But the man can run his business however he chooses. My 1st group buy here anyways, but I was under the assumption that it did go by that list. But for all we know, he treated the list as # of interested people and once it got past 20, the he opened sales to 1C/1S. Bottomline, cut the man some slack for even offering the lip at these prices in the 1st place.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
Angry

Originally Posted by nlpamg
no offense, but you should be the last to talk. you came in at the very last minute expecting to get on the list. you would not have even been in the 20. people that were very high on the list didn't even get the lip, it was more chance than anything else...

LISTEN, you all are coming down on me for no reason, IM NOT TRYING TO BE AN ***!! I have done many group buys on the bimmerworld forum and have never encountered a vendor running out in the middle of one so yes im a little upset about it but ill get over it. All i was doing was asking if those who placed orders, after the 20 ran out, would get a break if more were made. Neal i never said anything negative about you and i agree it was very generous of you to do this group buy, but nowhere in the thread doese it say ONLY 20 will be sold, it says a price point IF it reached 20, then you stated you only had a few over 20, you never said what would be done for the people who came in late and if it went over 20, as for me coming in late I happen to have a job that requires me to work alot of hours i can't sit on a forum all day, to see if i can get in on a group buy.

Your Snotty comments are not appreciated...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Relax man, you're just adding fuel to the fire you started...

In the first post --

10 People $399
15 People $349
20 People $295
That means the group buy for was for 20 max, he didn't list anything higher than that. And on top of that everyone knew this was a hot item and a one time production run (at least so far it is).
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
LISTEN, you all are coming down on me for no reason, IM NOT TRYING TO BE AN ***!! I have done many group buys on the bimmerworld forum and have never encountered a vendor running out in the middle of one so yes im a little upset about it but ill get over it. All i was doing was asking if those who placed orders, after the 20 ran out, would get a break if more were made. Neal i never said anything negative about you and i agree it was very generous of you to do this group buy, but nowhere in the thread doese it say ONLY 20 will be sold, it says a price point IF it reached 20, then you stated you only had a few over 20, you never said what would be done for the people who came in late and if it went over 20, as for me coming in late I happen to have a job that requires me to work alot of hours i can't sit on a forum all day, to see if i can get in on a group buy.

Your Snotty comments are not appreciated...
Whats with peeps on the forum these days. Man your 1st post after it was closed was you yelling at the man on how he should & should not run HIS group-buy. May have not said a negative word, but the tone of it sure was. In fact he mentioned the # he had in a previous post. And if you can't sit on a forum all day waiting on a smokin hot group buy, then again, you should be last complaining about not being able to get in on it.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 PM

I want one

how can i contact the guy?? i am definitely going to buy
Old 05-11-2006, 09:37 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Originally Posted by bskim_81
how can i contact the guy?? i am definitely going to buy

Ummmm did you even read the whole thread?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
you got a pm
Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Ummmm did you even read the whole thread?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:20 PM

F10
this is just a mere suggestion, so don't even come down on me cuz i'll go if anyone trips, Neal just consider another g/b, as you can witness from the interest building up, it may not even have to be as awesome as the first one. i got left out too, but that's not anyone's fault, i could just hope for a 2nd g/b. man i miss out big time though...
Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Actually a few are going to Canada and even out of North America.
i am one of them
thanks Neal, you rock bro!

i cant wait!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:49 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by 14cue
i am one of them
thanks Neal, you rock bro!

i cant wait!
talk about stepping on people that are already lying on the ground lol

lets just hope that neal stays as nice as he is atm and that he does another decent one as soon as possible
Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
talk about stepping on people that are already lying on the ground lol

lets just hope that neal stays as nice as he is atm and that he does another decent one as soon as possible
hahaha, i think everyone knows i wasnt rubbing it it. i'm stoked tho. anyway, i hope he makes more too, but even at $599 it's still a great price.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:04 AM

F10
Originally Posted by 14cue
hahaha, i think everyone knows i wasnt rubbing it it. i'm stoked tho. anyway, i hope he makes more too, but even at $599 it's still a great price.
you think $599 is a great price, well then go buy it at $599 and I'll take your's for $300c .
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by RedW203
you think $599 is a great price, well then go buy it at $599 and I'll take your's for $300c .

yes i do! it's not that bad at all. so we lucked out. better luck next time. ppl are way too sensitive. chill out.
i dont see ppl who got it over reacting.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
i know mine wouldnt let me. was one of the reasons not to jump on the trail wagon
Haha, it's amazing how different you drive when you have a CF lip installed. I'm so **** about getting mine scrapped I slow down even at the slightest bumps.

Today I was going to the mall, and one part of the mall had nothing but HUGE SPEED BUMPS all over the place. I had no choice but to drive around it, which took a helluva lot longer, but at least I avoided scraping. My friends were like, "So instead of driving straight down to the exit, you're going all around the mall because....?"

They don't understand!

For the $600+ I paid for it, I'm def protecting my investment!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group Buy for Carbon Fiber Front Add on Lip!