C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

06 civic si?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350ss
06 civic si?

my friend was cruisin in his 06 black civic si with an exhaust and we were both makin left turns, i was behind him and he floored it right after and i down shifted to first right behind him and wasn't flooring it but almost all the way down.. that civic was pretty fast.. right when we started the run on the straight away he was pulling and i almost had the gas all the way down but didn't want to keep racin because we were approaching an intersection that already had a yellow light and I just didn't want to risk anything because I've just seen so many accidents it's just not worth it... obviously he gunned it and ran through the intersection just in time.. but I kinda felt like my c350 didn't pull that much against his si during the time we were goin at it.. (prolly lasted for 4 seconds lol).. maybe because he was flooring it all the way? i had another passenger inside too.. it was just him in his car. But i'm pretty sure I would have a better chance if we both started on a straight line?

I know that the civics are super light compared to my 3500 lb benz ^_^.
Would my car win against his?
Old 07-01-2006, 10:13 PM

//WALD C320 Magnifique [sold], BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd[sold]
2006 Civic Si 0 - 60 mph(7.2 secs):
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...9/pageId=66617

2006 Mercedes C350 0 - 60 mph(6 secs):
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108588

Start all over again and you'll see the difference..

Btw, didnt know civic was that fast! 7.2 secs..

Last edited by SEXSPHERE; 07-01-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I whooppped this kid's civic si like a few days ago (this kid seriously thought he was driving a race car) the civic is kinda quick (even my gf is considering that thing lol) in and out of lanes civic is not that great. speed wise, for a civic si, oh yeah... i gota admit, its pretty freakin quick, and it looks pretty cool.

btw, ur c350 ss WOAH will pull WAY WAY WAY ahead of him, maybe b/c u driving a sedan, if u get the coupe version u'll be like.....
Old 07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
the c350 is mid 14's 1/4 miles times. the numbers are there. its up to the driver at that point.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
As good as the Civic Si is, unfortunately, it will not beat a C350 in anything. And it shouldn't have to, the C350 is twice as expensive.

It may beat a C230 in a straight line, if the driver shifts well. However, in handling, it will lose, and in top end power, it will lose.

I actually test drove a 2006 Civic coupe EX (the new one). That "A" Pillar gets in the way of your line of sight, it feels unnatural. Doesn't feel particularly safe either, the hood is very short.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:15 AM

Mercedes GLK 350 2012
I don't know,
I thought I was driving a race car when I drove
my civic sedan LX. I think the problem is its light weight
and makes you feel you are driving fast.
When I drove my old audi, A6 1999 4400lbs (which I sold it few months ago)
and I didn't found myself driving fast at all, hit 100mph (not racing)
now I have my c230 06, it is lighter than the a6, much lighter,
3400lbs, the wind noise is much lighter than in the audi
very quiet, and i don't found myself driving fast
normally the fastest I'm willing to go is around 100mph
so beyond that I don't know.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:59 AM

01 C320, 07 Tacoma, 67 F100, 08 boxter S
So what are the 0-60 times for a C320? It seems like an auto C320 can take an SI, cant it?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 C230K SS
Originally Posted by patrick_y
As good as the Civic Si is, unfortunately, it will not beat a C350 in anything. And it shouldn't have to, the C350 is twice as expensive.

It may beat a C230 in a straight line, if the driver shifts well. However, in handling, it will lose, and in top end power, it will lose.

I actually test drove a 2006 Civic coupe EX (the new one). That "A" Pillar gets in the way of your line of sight, it feels unnatural. Doesn't feel particularly safe either, the hood is very short.
Nope......I raced one the other day and I smoked him!!! He hammered his car at the traffic light before I did and I still managed to go passed him and see him fall behind. His car had a manual trans and mine is automatic (so....it immediately launched forward). He spun tires even in third gear after shifting!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Sounds like he doesn't know how to shift properly. He should have won, and pretty easily, too.

Patrick, I'm not sure how you think the Civic won't have better handling than the C Class. In stock form, our cars are more like Buicks than sportscars.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 C230K SS
Originally Posted by tommy
Sounds like he doesn't know how to shift properly. He should have won, and pretty easily, too.

Patrick, I'm not sure how you think the Civic won't have better handling than the C Class. In stock form, our cars are more like Buicks than sportscars.
You need to try it yourself! I have been involved in racing most of my life (and mostly raced Hondas-for 14 years)to understand that real times vary a lot from supposed manufacturers 1/4 and 1/8 miles et's, 0-60 mph et's, etc on most vehicles. Check out what MB says about your car, take it to the track and let me know if you're even close to it. I bet you'll be over the times specified. I have a pretty good racing background (Professional Karting as well as SCCA and NHRA Imports)to understand why and how Manufacturers come up with those figures and they are very hard to meet!

I dunno....Hondas (specially Civics) don't impress me that much anymore. Maybe it's because I had too many of them in the past (2 civics, 1CRX, 1 Prelude and 2 Accords). I can honestly say that they were fun to modify and see fly with just a couple of bucks but I saw the kid (in the Civic) trying REALLY hard to catch up with me!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by aecasasus
I dunno....Hondas (specially Civics) don't impress me that much anymore. Maybe it's because I had too many of them in the past (2 civics, 1CRX, 1 Prelude and 2 Accords). I can honestly say that they were fun to modify and see fly with just a couple of bucks but I saw the kid (in the Civic) trying REALLY hard to catch up with me!
I'd agree with you, except for the fact that I had to drive my crx in to work today, because the Benz is SOL (again).

I've autoxed both the Benz and the crx, and the difference between the two is very noticeable, even with all of the mods I have done to the Benz. Of course, they are completely different cars, so I shouldn't have been shocked.

Yes, the published times are hard to meet. Of course, that would be true on both the Benz and the Si. But on average, I wouldn't be betting pinks on my 1.8L C230 slushbox beating all but the worst Si drivers.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
I'd agree with you, except for the fact that I had to drive my crx in to work today, because the Benz is SOL (again).

I've autoxed both the Benz and the crx, and the difference between the two is very noticeable, even with all of the mods I have done to the Benz. Of course, they are completely different cars, so I shouldn't have been shocked.

Yes, the published times are hard to meet. Of course, that would be true on both the Benz and the Si. But on average, I wouldn't be betting pinks on my 1.8L C230 slushbox beating all but the worst Si drivers.
the original poster was driving the 3.5L V6. (C350)
Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Nope......I raced one the other day and I smoked him!!! He hammered his car at the traffic light before I did and I still managed to go passed him and see him fall behind. His car had a manual trans and mine is automatic (so....it immediately launched forward). He spun tires even in third gear after shifting!!!
Just so we're all on the same page here, we're talking about the 06 Civic Si, the new/current one.

Assuming the driver is a decent manual driver (for example, i wouldn't count), the car would likely beat a C230K or a C230 V6 in a straight line.

I'm not sure who would be faster on the older one, but I assume the 06 vs 06, the Civic Si is faster from looking at 0-60 times.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

I think the handling is decent on our Mercedes. I know in my experience, Mercedes comes very close to the renowned BMW handling.

While I haven't driven a Civic in a windy mountain road, I assume, that since I'm coming from a Mercedes/BMW type car, that handles well, RWD, and properly balanced, I wouldn't want to. Civics are extremely front heavy (65/35 percent weight distribution), FWD, and aren't known for their handling. Plus, look at how skinny the tires are.

I will say, having test driven the G35 by Infiniti and the IS 350 by Lexus, these cars come very close to matching Mercedes/BMW handling. In fact, close enough to the point where I would consider the acquisition of said vehicles.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
You need to try it yourself! I have been involved in racing most of my life (and mostly raced Hondas-for 14 years)to understand that real times vary a lot from supposed manufacturers 1/4 and 1/8 miles et's, 0-60 mph et's, etc on most vehicles. Check out what MB says about your car, take it to the track and let me know if you're even close to it. I bet you'll be over the times specified. I have a pretty good racing background (Professional Karting as well as SCCA and NHRA Imports)to understand why and how Manufacturers come up with those figures and they are very hard to meet!

Totally agree here, if you look at the manufacture's specs on the 05 C230K SS, the website said the 0-60 was 7.5 seconds, when the brochure said it was 7.8. Now, realistically, the car's 0-60 is closer to 8.1 if you're lucky (and we're talking all figures for automatic transmission).

Mercedes has always "overestimated" its performance and "underestimated" its 0-60 times.

Moreso, all manufactures have the same standard test for their 0-60 times. The set up is extremely important.
1. The car is supplied, stock, usually with minimal options.
2. Minimal fuel is put into the car, about 4 liters or one gallon (US or Imperial).
3. The driver does not exceed 50 kilos (110 pounds, small guy).
4. There is no luggage in the car, spare tire deemed acceptable.
5. They do 10 test laps. They take the fastest lap and that's what they put on the brochure.

That's how I heard it's done.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by cappucciiino
my friend was cruisin in his 06 black civic si with an exhaust and we were both makin left turns, i was behind him and he floored it right after and i down shifted to first right behind him and wasn't flooring it but almost all the way down.. that civic was pretty fast.. right when we started the run on the straight away he was pulling and i almost had the gas all the way down but didn't want to keep racin because we were approaching an intersection that already had a yellow light and I just didn't want to risk anything because I've just seen so many accidents it's just not worth it... obviously he gunned it and ran through the intersection just in time.. but I kinda felt like my c350 didn't pull that much against his si during the time we were goin at it.. (prolly lasted for 4 seconds lol).. maybe because he was flooring it all the way? i had another passenger inside too.. it was just him in his car. But i'm pretty sure I would have a better chance if we both started on a straight line?

I know that the civics are super light compared to my 3500 lb benz ^_^.
Would my car win against his?
Cap, you should have rocked this Civic. Absolutely rocked him in a C350. Maybe your tranny stayed in a gear too long? At the light, or in the twisties, a C350 will rock.

All you guys who are disappointed with your C230 performance, GET THE PULLEY! Its worth it.

Ed
Old 07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by e1000
the original poster was driving the 3.5L V6. (C350)
I quoted the C230 owner on his experience, not the original poster. I agree that the 350 is in a different league.

Patrick, you should drive an Si on a windy mountain road; I think you'd have a different opinion. Stock size on wheel/tires is 17x7, 215/45s. Stock on the C is what, 17x7.5? The more impressive # is 2,877, the weight of the Si. That's the number that the Benz will have the most trouble with.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
I quoted the C230 owner on his experience, not the original poster. I agree that the 350 is in a different league.

Patrick, you should drive an Si on a windy mountain road; I think you'd have a different opinion. Stock size on wheel/tires is 17x7, 215/45s. Stock on the C is what, 17x7.5? The more impressive # is 2,877, the weight of the Si. That's the number that the Benz will have the most trouble with.
yeap. Hondas handle pretty well due to thier light weight and double wishbone suspensions (although the past 2? generations of civics don't have it).
Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 PM

c350ss
thanks for the replies.

So next time my civic friend and I meet up, what's the best way to get max accel. on my c350?

esp off.. and do I leave it in "D"mode..(drive mode) or shift down to first with my auto tranny?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by cappucciiino
thanks for the replies.

So next time my civic friend and I meet up, what's the best way to get max accel. on my c350?

esp off.. and do I leave it in "D"mode..(drive mode) or shift down to first with my auto tranny?
don't worry about the ESP. Reach for the 7G shifter, hold it left until it drops a bunch of gears and then ride up his trunklid.