C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

LED Turn Signals available now for the C-Class!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED Turn Signals available now for the C-Class!!

Hello everyone,

We have just completed our LED turn signal conversion kits for the C-Class Mercedes! We are currently in the process of expanding our application guide to fit all cars, the C-Class being the first kit available (complete with DIY installation guide) for the Mercedes line-up. Be the first the own our latest lighting upgrade from JleviStreetWerks!

Our LED turn signals offer a significant aesthetic edge over OEM bulbs. A full list of product benefits and details, along with pictures and videos, can be viewed here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/vendor-group-buys/156416-jlevi-sw-led-exposition.html

Here is a sample photo from the previously mentioned thread. Shown here is the comparison between OEM amber bulbs and the crystal clear Jlevi SW Xenon white LED bulbs (also available in traditional amber color).

We are always in the process of testing new products on different cars, the LED turn signals for the 2003 Mercedes C-Class being our latest addition. We are aware that certain C-Class cars come with slightly different hardware depending on what year it was produced, and we are constantly perfecting our application guides to accommodate for all models. Anyone interested in allowing us to test new product on your Mercedes (all models accepted) in exchange for a free installation of LED bulbs, please contact me on AIM at Sean @ JSW or by email at sean@jlevisw.com.

Thank you for your interest!
Sean @ JSW
Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 PM

02' C240 Luxury Model
What about amber LED's? Some states such as Hawaii require amber turnsignals. Amber LED's are still clear when off, just a thought.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
if you have amber LED's, I'm down. However, can you show us exactly where you tapped it and placed the resistors? I tried LED license plate bulbs for the rear (with a resistor tapped w/wire taps), but for some reason the left side just kept on blinking and the right side was perfect... (I have no clue why that didn't work properly...)
Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 AM

Is @ Home
any plans to also make a kit that changes the leds in the side mirrors to match the turn signals?
Old 07-26-2006, 04:16 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 c240; 1992 honda prelude; 2004 mazda rx8; 1999 ml 430
they did have amber ones they put them in the rear turn signal they really do look good no more orange color bulb in the white turn signal casing heh if that made any sense? i really liked them i cant wait till they do the city lights with the led.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by NG C-Klasse
What about amber LED's? Some states such as Hawaii require amber turnsignals. Amber LED's are still clear when off, just a thought.
Actually, the US Dept of Transportation requires amber bulbs in all states, except those that choose not to enforce safety inspections (California, maybe a couple others), and somehow manage to continue receiving federal highway funding in spite of it.

I think of this every time I'm in CA being passed at 80mph by an California 18-Wheeler running on bald, retreaded tires.

As with all mods, members are reminded to check their local and state laws...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by nlpamg
if you have amber LED's, I'm down. However, can you show us exactly where you tapped it and placed the resistors? I tried LED license plate bulbs for the rear (with a resistor tapped w/wire taps), but for some reason the left side just kept on blinking and the right side was perfect... (I have no clue why that didn't work properly...)
mines did that too. its really annoying...i had to take apart thr trunk lining at least 10 times, so i just ended up leaving the led on the right and putting the regular bulb back on the left
Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 779 Likes on 758 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
same here... my left LEDs were dimming & blinking... right was fine.... now i put stock bulbs back in...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

Those white turn signals are a terrible idea, especially for those with daytime running lights enabled, the white signal will not be very distinguishable.

Why the infatuation with 'white lights'?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by C230SportsCoupe
Those white turn signals are a terrible idea, especially for those with daytime running lights enabled, the white signal will not be very distinguishable.

Why the infatuation with 'white lights'?
I couldn't agree more. There is a very definite safety reason why we have White lights (I'm lookin ahead), Red lights (I'm stopping), and amber lights (caution, I'm intending to turn). For some reason, CA doesn't think it's important to enforce USDOT rules the rest of the country takes for granted.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM

NG C-Klasse, as rieecha can vouche we do have amber LED turn signals for both the front and rear lights. They are completely clear when off. Shown below is the comparison between the OEM amber bulb and our LED one.

OEM

Amber color is clearly visible...

Jlevi SW

Completely clear.

Of course MB-BOB makes a good point about addressing all road legalities according to state and Department of Transportation regulations, and we urge all customers to know that by purchasing this product you run the risk of being pulled over. I agree with what you said about how different color bulbs exist to alert other drivers on the road of your actions for safety reasons, but many domestic cars use the same red light for signaling in the rear as they use for braking. I have found clear bulbs to be much more eye-catching than the red. Often times I dont even notice the red signals at all. And nothing is more terrifying than not noticing when a Cadillac Escalade is merging into your lane because you didn't notice its indicators were on..

"Upgrading" to white bulbs over the stock OEM ones may sound silly to some, as C230SportsCoupe pointed out. However, many of our customers show their cars at events and that extra edge of style and distinction is what helps seperate their pride and joy from other auto enthusiasts with the same car.

Thanks for your interest everyone,

Sean @ JSW
Old 07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
If you guys could develop a plug and play kit for LED brake light bulbs, I think people would be very interested in that.

These are nice, but the chrome bulbs w/amber blinker are satisfactory for me.

BTW, clear/white blinkers are illegal in California. Only reason I know is that my cousin's ex got a ticket for that on a e36 m3.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by drexappeal
If you guys could develop a plug and play kit for LED brake light bulbs, I think people would be very interested in that.

These are nice, but the chrome bulbs w/amber blinker are satisfactory for me.

BTW, clear/white blinkers are illegal in California. Only reason I know is that my cousin's ex got a ticket for that on a e36 m3.
That would definately be the optimal solution, unfortunately the LED lights require a different amount of power to run properly. Since the Mercedes system is set to deliever a certain amount of power to the OEM bulbs it requires load equalizers.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Sean@JleviSW
That would definately be the optimal solution, unfortunately the LED lights require a different amount of power to run properly. Since the Mercedes system is set to deliever a certain amount of power to the OEM bulbs it requires load equalizers.
I'm definitely aware that load equalizers would be required, but just mentioned it because for those people that wouldn't know how to splice the wires properly (most likely many out there who don't know how), LED brake bulbs that were plug and play and/or step-by-step instructions would be a definite purchase.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by rlee02135
mines did that too. its really annoying...i had to take apart thr trunk lining at least 10 times, so i just ended up leaving the led on the right and putting the regular bulb back on the left
Originally Posted by mj50
same here... my left LEDs were dimming & blinking... right was fine.... now i put stock bulbs back in...
weird, I wonder why this is happening... I'm running the stockers b/c I want it to be even... I can't even find "xenon-look" bulbs that will work either...
Old 07-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 779 Likes on 758 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
weird, I wonder why this is happening... I'm running the stockers b/c I want it to be even... I can't even find "xenon-look" bulbs that will work either...
when i took them out, i noticed the blinking LED's PCB board was slightly burned... maybe it has 50% defect rate :P if u want, i'll sell u the working one since i'm done playing around with license plate bulb...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tangerine
any plans to also make a kit that changes the leds in the side mirrors to match the turn signals?
Yes we are currently looking into developing that with our suppliers.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:20 PM

We do have a full DIY guide which comes with the LED kit but if you would like exact pictures of where we placed the resistors I can get that for you. Email me at sean@jlevisw.com if your interested!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:08 AM

Jeepney
very interested, will send an e-mail in the morning , i kno you do go0d work on bmw's
Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 AM

'06 c230
Where was this info a month ago when I was trying to do this same thing?

Anyways, helpful hint, the install instructions they have are only for model year 2003 and older at the moment. If you've got a newer car, wait a while until they get which wires in the headlight harnesses need to be tapped into to wire in the resistor sorted out. They told me it'd be within the next few days, so my fingers are crossed.

Meph
Old 07-28-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by MephistoQC
Where was this info a month ago when I was trying to do this same thing?

Anyways, helpful hint, the install instructions they have are only for model year 2003 and older at the moment. If you've got a newer car, wait a while until they get which wires in the headlight harnesses need to be tapped into to wire in the resistor sorted out. They told me it'd be within the next few days, so my fingers are crossed.

Meph
Thats correct we are still working on that DIY for the post 2003 production C-Class. We know there are a few customers still waiting on that install guide and it's on the top of our priorities list right now. We apologize for the delay!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
so let me get this straight- the turn signals are white and not amber?
Old 07-29-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by ctC230K
so let me get this straight- the turn signals are white and not amber?
They come in either amber or white, both of which are completely clear when off.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:28 PM

Since we have been having difficulty finding a test car to fit the post production 2003 C-Class we have uped the ante. Anyone in the area willing to drive to either our associates shop or one of our places of residence will receive a FREE LED turn signal bulbs for the front, rear, or both, along with free installation.
Although the idea of using your Mercedes as a "test" car sounds alarming, we can assure you that we've used this product on literally thousands of BMW's over the years, as anyone active on e46fanatics.com can vouch for. We gurantee satisfaction in our product and assure excellent quality and service.
Thank you for your interest everyone.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by Sean@JleviSW
Since we have been having difficulty finding a test car to fit the post production 2003 C-Class we have uped the ante. Anyone in the area willing to drive to either our associates shop or one of our places of residence will receive a FREE LED turn signal bulbs for the front, rear, or both, along with free installation.
Although the idea of using your Mercedes as a "test" car sounds alarming, we can assure you that we've used this product on literally thousands of BMW's over the years, as anyone active on e46fanatics.com can vouch for. We gurantee satisfaction in our product and assure excellent quality and service.
Thank you for your interest everyone.
mail em out to CT and i'll try them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Turn Signals available now for the C-Class!!