C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

if i remove the chrome single oval tip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by bender73
LOL

...and i still really don't know my tip options aside from ebay or welding on tips. oh, and i have no idea where to get AMG tips, but i guess that's my fault as well since i didn't do a full literature search.

IMO, if you believe that this forum is not useful or helpful to you, or even if you consider us ignorant, you can go ahead and joing another MB forum, maybe they can help you with your simple questions. we have already answered your original question, but you still have to make a big fuss about everything.

good luck removing 1 screw. maybe you can even take pictures of the simple removal, and do a "DIY" for it.

I dont think anyone would trade in a M3 for a C230, atleast make it a M3 for a C350. or you should had said 330ci for a C230, thats a lil more belivable.

Your bimmers had recalls, dont think that the mbs are reliable either. it might even be worst
Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G35 Sport 6MT, 2005 C230K SS (sold), 1998 Jeep GC 4x4 (da-heep!)
Um, my guess would be the guy had an old M3, wanted a brand new warranted car, and couldn't afford a straight up M3. So he went with a C230.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by k_lundquist
Um, my guess would be the guy had an old M3, wanted a brand new warranted car, and couldn't afford a straight up M3. So he went with a C230.
2001 LSB e46 M3

got married. new home. lots of home depot runs. very impractical car. got rid of it for an H3...did not enjoy that vehicle. traded it for a C230 because i don't like the new e90 bimmers.

i never said i did not find this new forum useful. i implied that "some" of you are kind of harsh to NooBs. yea, i could have removed 1 screw but again, it was just a quick question that didn't involve me leaving the couch.

i am not making a fuss, i am simply forced to defend myself in the presence of people that seem irritated with a question posed long before i owned a benz...oh, and with little helpful info found with a search. that is all.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:28 PM

C 230K Coupé
...and i still really don't know my tip options aside from ebay or welding on tips. oh, and i have no idea where to get AMG tips, but i guess that's my fault as well since i didn't do a full literature search.
Once again, the AMG tips that you get from eBay and the dealership look like crap. From the rear they look authentic but once some one sees them from the side they are hideous. Looks like a tacky bolt on.
Like other members have said, you're better off getting a new exhaust which will also improve the sound quite nicely.
You probably wouldn't find anything on this forum about tips because no one has ever had any complaints about the stock ones. But if you really do insist on changing the tips, I would get the AMG tips of ebay and do some custom welding jobs on the stock exhaust to make them fit nice and well.

Why would you bash a guy for that? There are many people out there that change from a performance car to a more practical one. Especially those with families. Some family friends of ours just had a daughter and they rarily take the M3 out because it's just not practical (stroller, baby sit, etc.).
Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Black 04 C230 Kompressor SS
Is that tip chrome? There was me thinking it was Stainless Steel! & I even polished it!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Almost a Member!

r3v1ls,

thanks and thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Once again, the AMG tips that you get from eBay and the dealership look like crap. From the rear they look authentic but once some one sees them from the side they are hideous. Looks like a tacky bolt on.
Like other members have said, you're better off getting a new exhaust which will also improve the sound quite nicely.
You probably wouldn't find anything on this forum about tips because no one has ever had any complaints about the stock ones. But if you really do insist on changing the tips, I would get the AMG tips of ebay and do some custom welding jobs on the stock exhaust to make them fit nice and well.

I agree save up some money for a new exhaust, I complained abt the stock oval, but i stuck with it till some money came in handy, now im rollin on a new remus
Old 08-01-2006, 01:45 AM

2002 c 240
Originally Posted by advans
PLEASE DO NOT GET THOSE "DUAL TIPS" they are hideous. They look "OK" from the back, but from the side, its like

keep the existing chrome oval tip
What about this? I think this one is OK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...spagenameZWD1V
Old 08-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by JesLet

That tip looks like it's made to attach to thw w203 non sport exhaust.

I have built up quite a metal shop at my work. I'm moving to the boat to a long term storage for the winter in a few weeks and then I'll have all the room I need back. I'm going to attempt to make something that looks good and you don't have to purchase a new exhaust system to get the look you want. Anyone who is interested I'll let you know how I come out. Just make sure you properly search the forums before posting any questions about my exhaust tips

I also have an idea I'm going to start working on for an integrated billet star infused with the stock grill. My design looks pretty good but it's all going to come down to the finished product and if my sources are willing to let me make a billet star on their cnc machine.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by JesLet

this one looks legit from the back, but from the side its still ehh... i do not perfer it, if you were to do "dual tips" I'd cut the stock exhaust, cut the bumper, weld in a "nice looking tip" but again, that would be a pain.

*EDIT*

I just got back from my gf's house and on the way, i saw this hideous C240 with those "dual oval tips" heres 2 pics, this guy has chromies, chrome headlight rings chrome tail light rings...

looks pretty cool from the side

Last edited by advans; 08-01-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:08 PM

05' C230K Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Cigalert
That tip looks like it's made to attach to thw w203 non sport exhaust.

FOR: W203 C240 C320 SEDAN 4 DOORS ONLY
Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C207 E500
Will this dual exhaust fit...

do u think this will fit my 06 c230 sport sedan??
Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
NO
Old 08-03-2006, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
if i were u i won't waste my time getting those they are whack and they look Fugly from the side when installed .......just my "3 penny"
Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
if i were u i won't waste my time getting those they are whack and they look Fugly from the side when installed .......just my "3 penny"
yea they look like sh*t from the side. i had one on my stock exhaust
its not gonna fit anyways, you have the single tip and when you remove that, you wont find two tips curving down.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
ahahah hey man, this is like the 2nd thread in 2 weeks abt this fugly tip,

now wheres that thread...

aznxkicker, check here.... https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157217

I posted PICS of how that thing looks IN PERSON oh man please dont get it
Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 PM

i will agree w/ bender about the people on this board, very sarcastic and they think they are some hot shots or something, i couldn't get a good answer to conveerting my headlights on this board so i went to my old board that i was a regular at, bimmerforums.com and asked them, i got about 15-20 helpful responses.... over here i got like 50 views w/ no replys on one and the other i had like 4 replies that were just crap.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 PM

btw, bender sorry i don't have a response for you, i was looking to swap the tip on my G/Fs car too.... keep us posted w/ what you change to.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Black W203
Share mine.
Attached Thumbnails if i remove the chrome single oval tip...-camera0003-1.jpg   if i remove the chrome single oval tip...-ext-tips.jpg   if i remove the chrome single oval tip...-camera0001.jpg  
Old 08-03-2006, 01:14 PM

05' C230K Sport Sedan
looks really nice!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 C32 ///AMG
ill sell someone mines for $25 plus shipping
PM me
Old 08-03-2006, 02:38 PM

05' C230K Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by rlee02135
ill sell someone mines for $25 plus shipping
PM me
pics?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:00 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
It still confuses me as to why someone would take the time to type out a well thought-out and IMHO a slightly obnoxious response along the lines of "Use the search, it actually works if you take the time to use it" when in the same amount of time, if you've heard the question so many times, you could've just answered it. So what, maybe some people are too lazy or don't desire to use the search and would prefer a personal response. I know when buying a new car I almost never search google or a company-specific forum to see past reviews, I ask people who currently have the vehicle for the most up-to-date reviews. Anyway, we all own a Mercedes, so we clearly have some common interests. If you don't feel like answering a question that's already been asked, then don't, but I see no need as to why you need to treat the person who posted it like they're 3 years old.

Just my .02
Old 08-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by C240Style
It still confuses me as to why someone would take the time to type out a well thought-out and IMHO a slightly obnoxious response along the lines of "Use the search, it actually works if you take the time to use it" when in the same amount of time, if you've heard the question so many times, you could've just answered it. So what, maybe some people are too lazy or don't desire to use the search and would prefer a personal response. I know when buying a new car I almost never search google or a company-specific forum to see past reviews, I ask people who currently have the vehicle for the most up-to-date reviews. Anyway, we all own a Mercedes, so we clearly have some common interests. If you don't feel like answering a question that's already been asked, then don't, but I see no need as to why you need to treat the person who posted it like they're 3 years old.

Just my .02
If people are coming onto a message board to get information about a vehicle and they are new to that vehicle, they are not anymore special in receiving the information than anybody else. Everybody was a newbie on this message board at one point, but it doesn't mean that everybody was spoon fed information.

If some people are lazy and prefer a personal response, they should get that from home because none of the members on here are responsible for "teaching" each other. Because 2007 is the last year of the w203, there is obviously a wealth of information available. If people want that information, don't expect to be "spoon fed" and don't get mad when threads are rejected/ridiculed.

Threads that are repeats of prior information shared on this board make the "search" more difficult to use. So if a person starts a new thread on an old topic, obviously that individual's concerns are more "selfish" and "lazy", and what it ends up doing is making the search function that much more difficult to use and it makes the forums less enjoyable for everybody on the whole.

In summation, if you want information, but you're too lazy to search, you better be happy with how your car is now because don't expect everybody to be the "good samaritan" and hold your hand through whatever modifications you want to do.

Now that I've said this, let's try to keep this thread on topic.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by drexappeal
If people are coming onto a message board to get information about a vehicle and they are new to that vehicle, they are not anymore special in receiving the information than anybody else. Everybody was a newbie on this message board at one point, but it doesn't mean that everybody was spoon fed information.

If some people are lazy and prefer a personal response, they should get that from home because none of the members on here are responsible for "teaching" each other. Because 2007 is the last year of the w203, there is obviously a wealth of information available. If people want that information, don't expect to be "spoon fed" and don't get mad when threads are rejected/ridiculed.

Threads that are repeats of prior information shared on this board make the "search" more difficult to use. So if a person starts a new thread on an old topic, obviously that individual's concerns are more "selfish" and "lazy", and what it ends up doing is making the search function that much more difficult to use and it makes the forums less enjoyable for everybody on the whole.

In summation, if you want information, but you're too lazy to search, you better be happy with how your car is now because don't expect everybody to be the "good samaritan" and hold your hand through whatever modifications you want to do.

Now that I've said this, let's try to keep this thread on topic.
no offense, but this is a load of crap. i am not lazy and i take offense to that. if you look at my original DISCLAIMER, i said i searched 2 forums (including here). if you want to call me "lazy" for not taking off the tip then i guess that's your right, but even then that's pretty dumb when someone might know the answer ASAP without me having to get my tools out just for a no-mod observation. i mean, c'mon man, it was just a friggin question.

i have received some PMs from great people here...mostly regarding the overall attitude of a lot of members here. i think its a shame that people can be so harsh on someone that has never offended anyone and simply asked a question. i am totally new to the world of mercedes and so far i am not impressed.

i want to remain a member here, but i feel like this is a big high school click full of arrogant trust-fund babies.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERYONE HERE. to those that responded and helped, i thank you very much.

Last edited by bender73; 08-03-2006 at 08:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if i remove the chrome single oval tip...