C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

if i remove the chrome single oval tip...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow if i remove the chrome single oval tip...

if i remove the chrome single oval tip found on the 2005/2006 C230 will it reveal dual down-pipes off the muffler like the non-sports or early sport models?

thanks!

DISCLAIMER: i did a search and i just cannot find this answer on 2 forums!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
on my coupe exhaust, if I take off the chrome tips, its not the same as how the non sport models are.

I think urs is different from the non sport models also.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by bender73
if i remove the chrome single oval tip found on the 2005/2006 C230 will it reveal dual down-pipes off the muffler like the non-sports or early sport models?

thanks!

DISCLAIMER: i did a search and i just cannot find this answer on 2 forums!
Yeah, but did you go out to your car, lay underneath the rear bumper and look up.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Yeah, but did you go out to your car, lay underneath the rear bumper and look up.
yes, but i didn't remove the oval tip. i ask because i found some tips on ebay that might fit. i figured that you guys would prolly know the answer without me having to go through the manual labor.

no offense guys, but there is a lot of sarcasm here. what's the deal? i have thousands of posts over at e46fanatics (when i had my M3) and i've taken a lot of NooB crap here in 1/2 my posts. yikes.

i'm new to MB and just looking for some help.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
PLEASE DO NOT GET THOSE "DUAL TIPS" they are hideous. They look "OK" from the back, but from the side, its like

keep the existing chrome oval tip
Old 07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by advans
PLEASE DO NOT GET THOSE "DUAL TIPS" they are hideous. They look "OK" from the back, but from the side, its like

keep the existing chrome oval tip
really? i know its a vanity thing, but i friggin HATE the single oval tip. it makes the car look like something Barney would drive! LOL

i am hoping the 2007 C230 uses AMG tips and not the whole AMG exhaust...then i could get them from the dealer.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
yes, but i didn't remove the oval tip. i ask because i found some tips on ebay that might fit. i figured that you guys would prolly know the answer without me having to go through the manual labor.

no offense guys, but there is a lot of sarcasm here. what's the deal? i have thousands of posts over at e46fanatics (when i had my M3) and i've taken a lot of NooB crap here in 1/2 my posts. yikes.

No flame, but the darkside doesn't count. Compare your questions to noobs based on your post history/count over there, (shudder, yikes).
If you looked at your tip and then underneath you would've found part of your answer. If still not sure you could've used a poking device to find out more.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
yikes, if you want those "dual" tip look.

they sell those "eisenmann" or "brabus" or "amg" tips that require welding. have someone at the muffler shop do it for it. they look better than the schatz or those ebay ones.

but as amdeutsch said, you can just look under the car, and remove one screw. no biggie
Old 07-30-2006, 08:03 PM

C280 W202

It's not sarcasm, really. In the time it took you to post the question and wait hours for answers, you could have gone outside to the car, got on your back, looked up for the answer, and taken a shower if it's a hot, sweaty day. If you don't have the energy to look yourself, how will you ever muster the energy to do the conversion work? Or drive to a shop somewhere and wait hours for someone else to do the work?

If that's sarcastic, so be it.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
It's not sarcasm, really. In the time it took you to post the question and wait hours for answers, you could have gone outside to the car, got on your back, looked up for the answer, and taken a shower if it's a hot, sweaty day. If you don't have the energy to look yourself, how will you ever muster the energy to do the conversion work? Or drive to a shop somewhere and wait hours for someone else to do the work?

If that's sarcastic, so be it.
i didn't have to wait hours. it was just a quick and simple question. thank you.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
i didn't have to wait hours. it was just a quick and simple question. thank you.
22 minutes between first and second post. Enough time to grab a cold one, go look, come back, finish it, and grab a second one prior to posting again.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:57 PM

C 230K Coupé
22 minutes between first and second post. Enough time to grab a cold one, go look, come back, finish it, and grab a second one prior to posting again.
Aaah let him be already, no harm done in asking. Least it wasn't about how to get more power from his c230... we got enough of those.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Aaah let him be already, no harm done in asking. Least it wasn't about how to get more power from his c230... we got enough of those.

You're right. My bad. I thought it was one of those threads; how much more hp can I get when I convert my exhaust from single to dual outlet.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You're right. My bad. I thought it was one of those threads; how much more hp can I get when I convert my exhaust from single to dual outlet.

thats better than the "will k&n filters give me 10hp gain!?"
Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK

u'll be totally disappointed with the MB community if u're looking for real information. I can't even get people to gather around some "useful" suspension information regarding to different years and models of C class. All they refer me to is those "look at the picture thread to find what you want" thread.

Honestly, I've been a BMW guy for 3 years before I got my subaru (4 years already) and now a disappointed MB member. I always go back to the BMW forum or Subaru forum or even dig up those online parts store to get my own answers. Stick with it man.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Sorry if you are disappointed with the participation around here. The W203 is now 6 years old, and all of these questions have been asked... a dozen or more times each. Exhaust tip questions close to 100 times by now. It gets old, but the search function doesn't care how old and it really does work.

There was alot more interaction when the car was new and all the early adopters were learning about it.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Sorry if you are disappointed with the participation around here. The W203 is now 6 years old, and all of these questions have been asked... a dozen or more times each. Exhaust tip questions close to 100 times by now. It gets old, but the search function doesn't care how old and it really does work.

There was alot more interaction when the car was new and all the early adopters were learning about it.

I agree, the car is 6 years old. Parts can be found via SPONSORS or even GOOGLE, no need to find those "old bmw and subaru dealers" because I doubt they will have parts for teh W203, since part wise our cars are not too in wide variety of. Exhaust Tips are almost asked all the time with new members (including myself) not too hard to use the search button, or if its a simple job, like removing a exhaust tip. no need to post a new thread.

I've been with the MB community since i have gotten my car. its quite helpful here. especially with modding on a W203
Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 AM

C 230K Coupé
The MB community is very helpful. You just need to ask the right questions. The search feature is a very powerful tool and is able to provide you with tons of answers. Problem is many people are to stubborn to actually try it out and instead end up asking the samething hundreds and hundreds of times.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I wonder, why are there so many people who once owned BMW M3s that go for a C230? You'd think they'd go for a C320/C350 or C55/C63.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
^ these sacarsm is funny. You really expect people who drove BMW M3 will get a C230? ? I personally know someone who's crazy enough that he will trade in his 2005 M3 Convertible and get a Honda Fit. Personally, I will never do that, but it's my wife's daily commute C230 beater.

Sorry that I can't find "useful" information regarding to different suspension parts throughout the 6 years life span of the W203 cars. I really used the search button and don't seems to find useful part number or interchangability of springs, top mounts, shocks, endlink, bolt size, sway bar, bushings, etc. Again, i really can't tell what's on the car if I only see a picture of it.

You guys should really keep your funny comments to yourself and start to learn other person's comment about this thread.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:56 AM

C 230K Coupé
I don't think patrick_y was being sarcastic at all...
Old 07-31-2006, 03:49 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
get a new muffler. it's not worth the hassle cutting up the tip and then welding on a new set of tips because that's pretty much what you need to do.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Almost a Member!

IMHO, its simply a matter of respect. you see, i am new to MB and i did a search first and found NOTHING about direct bolt-on tips or if the OEM exhaust with single oval tip angles down with the tip removed. i had a thought while being with my wife and instead of ignoring her and going to the garage, i figured i'd just search and then ask if necessary. if you don't like the thread topic then don't click in it!!!

am i crazy for ridding the M3 and getting a C230? no, its called priorities and practicality. the S54 engine is not the most reliable engine (2 recalls with mine) and i just didn't want a 333HP coupe anymore. with kids in the near future, i felt 4 doors and a warranty made a lot more sense. some of us are all grown up.

the bottom-line is that the car might be old news to a lot of you, but not to a person that owned 2 bimmers and then made the switch to a benz.

sorry if my NooB posts are annoying...oh well.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:35 AM

It's pretty funny how everyone will come in here and take their time to reply just to say "you should have searched it you jackass. As you can see I'm too busy to type a reply regarding your original question so I am now going to ***** at you for wasting my time and making other people open this thread just to do the same".
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Cigalert
It's pretty funny how everyone will come in here and take their time to reply just to say "you should have searched it you jackass. As you can see I'm too busy to type a reply regarding your original question so I am now going to ***** at you for wasting my time and making other people open this thread just to do the same".
LOL

...and i still really don't know my tip options aside from ebay or welding on tips. oh, and i have no idea where to get AMG tips, but i guess that's my fault as well since i didn't do a full literature search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if i remove the chrome single oval tip...