C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Any suggestions on possible upgrades for 2002 C230 Kompressor??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 05:07 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Question Any suggestions on possible upgrades for 2002 C230 Kompressor??

I recently purchased a 2002 C230 Kompressor and i need more power, ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2006 | 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
ecu chip, headers, exhaust... u have options... just how deep are your pockets, ya know.
Old 08-25-2006 | 05:22 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Where could i purchase?
Old 08-25-2006 | 08:18 PM

c230k
Hey, tell me how much you willing to spend and i will tell you what's the best upgrade will be.
Old 08-25-2006 | 09:22 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Please take a look at the Advertiser Index.

After you have looked through all the vendor sponsor websites, please take a look at the LINK: AFTERMARKET/OEM - MODIFICATIONS/DIY - FAQ'S sticky at the top of the w203 forum.

After you have done that, please look through the sticky LINK: How to Search This and Other MBWorld Forums

I've observed your first 4 posts in this forum and you haven't showed any desire to use the links that are already spoon fed to you. Please take a look through all of those options before continuing to ask ambiguous questions about where to purchase parts. Many of the vendors offer wide varieties of parts and many of them list prices as well.
Old 08-25-2006 | 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Pulley. Easy, cheap, and 35HP at the Crank. Car pulls stronger than the C320 after the swap.

After that...Air filter, overbored TB, Supersprint headers, and 06 diff gears...

Cosmetically, BIX lights, Clear marker lights, 05 tailights, 05 cross drilled evolution grille, AMG front and rear aprons.
Old 08-26-2006 | 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have some DIY info on several mods I did to my vintage C-Coupe on my website (pulley, lowering, nav, etc.). Was a fun car but too unreliable for me, hopefully yours will be a lot better.
Old 08-26-2006 | 01:18 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by Benztecg
Hey, tell me how much you willing to spend and i will tell you what's the best upgrade will be.

I can spend about a grand, maybe 1500
Old 08-27-2006 | 12:22 PM

c230k
Originally Posted by jskip27
I can spend about a grand, maybe 1500
Ok than best bang for the buck will be asp pulley,www.aspracing.com
it is about 800 cad.plus you can return original and get refundfo 350cad.
35hp gain.than get it chipped mark@dsylva-tech.ca,another 25hp for about 800 cad,itg air filter www.itgairfilters.com.maybe another 2.5-3hp around 160cad,after that you go big like supersprint headders,exhaust.Oh and i am working on some other mods.
Old 08-29-2006 | 05:35 PM

06 C230 Black/Ash
35hp gain.than get it chipped mark@dsylva-tech.ca,another 25hp for about 800 cad,itg air filter www.itgairfilters.com.maybe another 2.5-3hp around 160cad,after that you go big like supersprint headders,exhaust.Oh and i am working on some other mods.
MAN!!! i wish i got a kompressor..... -.-
Old 08-29-2006 | 11:45 PM

2002 C230 K, 6 speed
What chip is that. I did not know you can actualy get any power from a chip on the m111 engine.
If that is the case I am geting both of them. I just have to buy my whife a car first. I sold her jetta like 2 weeks ago and now she is driving a 97 crappy contour.
That power you are makeing is it whp or crank?
Old 08-30-2006 | 12:34 PM

c230k
Originally Posted by cla 1000
What chip is that. I did not know you can actualy get any power from a chip on the m111 engine.
If that is the case I am geting both of them. I just have to buy my whife a car first. I sold her jetta like 2 weeks ago and now she is driving a 97 crappy contour.
That power you are makeing is it whp or crank?
To the wheels.
Old 08-30-2006 | 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
To the wheels.
Benz;

I had asked for some details on your car in another thread. Can't seem to remember which one. Do you have the dyno sheet on this? What can you share with us about your 2 stage fuel delivery?

I'm suprised that someone is chipping pulleyed cars. Renntech and Kleeman no longer offer ECU work for a pulleyed car.

E
Old 08-30-2006 | 03:15 PM

c230k
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Benz;

I had asked for some details on your car in another thread. Can't seem to remember which one. Do you have the dyno sheet on this? What can you share with us about your 2 stage fuel delivery?

I'm suprised that someone is chipping pulleyed cars. Renntech and Kleeman no longer offer ECU work for a pulleyed car.

E
Hey man, i do not have dyno sheets,every upgrade was tested via g-teck, and actual racing with other cars. I will do dyno for sure after all upgrades will be done,but for now g-teck is ok. Second stage fuel delivery is simply enrichment of fuel portion of fuel/air mixture so with pulley m111 reciving much more air and no compensation of fuel, thus vehicle runs faster but lean.
With 2nd stage fuel delivery i belive amount of fuel increased by 15%.
Old 08-30-2006 | 03:58 PM

C320 Coupe
Will the C320 engine has that much power increase if doing the same mod?
Old 08-30-2006 | 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey man, i do not have dyno sheets,every upgrade was tested via g-teck, and actual racing with other cars. I will do dyno for sure after all upgrades will be done,but for now g-teck is ok. Second stage fuel delivery is simply enrichment of fuel portion of fuel/air mixture so with pulley m111 reciving much more air and no compensation of fuel, thus vehicle runs faster but lean.
With 2nd stage fuel delivery i belive amount of fuel increased by 15%.

Sorry to be dense, but this isn't making sense to me at all. So you are not enriching fuel and are running lean? Or am I to understand that you are running a higher fuel pump or higher injectors to get your fuel up by 15%?

I think the G-Tech units can help to tell you if you are geting more power. I have one of the first generations that I bought in 97 or so. However, I'm a bit sceptical about your RWHP number. I think its rather optimistic. However, we can all hope, and if you can give us some specifics to learn off your car, I can and will run a dyno.

E
Old 08-30-2006 | 05:53 PM

c230k
Sorry to be dense, but this isn't making sense to me at all. So you are not enriching fuel and are running lean? Or am I to understand that you are running a higher fuel pump or higher injectors to get your fuel up by 15%?

I think the G-Tech units can help to tell you if you are geting more power. I have one of the first generations that I bought in 97 or so. However, I'm a bit sceptical about your RWHP number. I think its rather optimistic. However, we can all hope, and if you can give us some specifics to learn off your car, I can and will run a dyno.

E
To change fuel settings you must have access to Star Diagnosys (MB diag.computer)if you don’t have access please ask your service advisor at official MB dealer to perform fuel stages adjustment(they may not know about it only few techs performed such changes,that is how I heard about it as well), that is all. As for dyno my car, i am not spending 100 bucks every time just to see numbers, dyno will be done only after i get all of my upgrades done, unless you want to spent 100bucks to prove my words for yourself.
Please if you have doubts in my work please feel free to disregard my postings, I am not forcing anybody to perform same mods that I have done.
Old 08-30-2006 | 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The fuel and timing settings on the ECU are to compensate for countries where fuel is not up to standards. For example, you can't get premium fuel or the fuel has tea mixed in, or worse, ethanol. There is no fuel setting that will improve performance, that wasn't their intention and we tested each setting on the dyno and you will lose significant HP with these settings, as much as 17HP at the rear wheels.

But there's an undeniable placebo factor which goes way beyond what a dyno can show, only then can you visuallize all the power than MB can unleash with just one ECU setting
Old 08-31-2006 | 11:29 AM

c230k
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
The fuel and timing settings on the ECU are to compensate for countries where fuel is not up to standards. For example, you can't get premium fuel or the fuel has tea mixed in, or worse, ethanol. There is no fuel setting that will improve performance, that wasn't their intention and we tested each setting on the dyno and you will lose significant HP with these settings, as much as 17HP at the rear wheels.

But there's an undeniable placebo factor which goes way beyond what a dyno can show, only then can you visuallize all the power than MB can unleash with just one ECU setting
Oh that is something else,octane number change. The setting i am talking about is FUEL QANTITY,it is another group in ME(ecu).For example in B-klasse it has 6 stages every stage is 5% more fuel.In 2002 C-klasse thre is only 3 stages.
Old 08-31-2006 | 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To change fuel settings you must have access to Star Diagnosys (MB diag.computer)if you don’t have access please ask your service advisor at official MB dealer to perform fuel stages adjustment(they may not know about it only few techs performed such changes,that is how I heard about it as well), that is all. As for dyno my car, i am not spending 100 bucks every time just to see numbers, dyno will be done only after i get all of my upgrades done, unless you want to spent 100bucks to prove my words for yourself.
Please if you have doubts in my work please feel free to disregard my postings, I am not forcing anybody to perform same mods that I have done.
I definetly don't want this to go the wrong direction. If you feel that my inquiry was rude, you completely misread what I was saying. My origional post was simply saying, I didn't understand what you were saying. Now I get that you have improved Fuel delivery via the ECU.

If your mod works guys like me are going to ask for particulars. You've done some interesting work. I recall the 4,000 ohm mod you posted on. Working in sciences I simply prefer to have verifiable data. I do think it is odd that you don't want data to back you up. After all $100 while being a hit, isn't that big of a hit.

So about disregarding your posts, why would I? I'm interested to see what the quantifiable result is. Whether you are or not. Next time I do a dyno run, I just might have your impedance mod ready. I'll actually need to work with you a bit to find out how to properly do it.

So think of this more in the cooperative sense. I am not looking to disprove you. In fact I'm hoping it works.

E
Old 09-03-2006 | 07:16 PM

c230k
I definetly don't want this to go the wrong direction. If you feel that my inquiry was rude, you completely misread what I was saying. My origional post was simply saying, I didn't understand what you were saying. Now I get that you have improved Fuel delivery via the ECU.

If your mod works guys like me are going to ask for particulars. You've done some interesting work. I recall the 4,000 ohm mod you posted on. Working in sciences I simply prefer to have verifiable data. I do think it is odd that you don't want data to back you up. After all $100 while being a hit, isn't that big of a hit.

So about disregarding your posts, why would I? I'm interested to see what the quantifiable result is. Whether you are or not. Next time I do a dyno run, I just might have your impedance mod ready. I'll actually need to work with you a bit to find out how to properly do it.

So think of this more in the cooperative sense. I am not looking to disprove you. In fact I'm hoping it works.

E
I can't give out diagrams and so on because i will get in trouble from my manager, but i will do dyno in 2-3 weeks when my friend will come back from austria,and results will be posted for sure.
Old 09-04-2006 | 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Brabus K3
Originally Posted by Outland
and 06 diff gears...
What is different in 2006 diff?

Best Regards.
Old 09-04-2006 | 03:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by powa
Will the C320 engine has that much power increase if doing the same mod?
no it will not. the pulley kit for the 320 is the underdrive pulley which at most gives you around 5-10hp. ECU, header, and exhaust should give you another 30-35hp. NA engine doesn't show gain like FI does.

pretty much for all NA cars with all the bolt ons you are looking at around 40-50hp gain at most.