C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Can Someone be my Eyes for 05 C230 SS at MB Escondido, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Question Can Someone be my Eyes for 05 C230 SS at MB Escondido, CA

Hi Everyone,
I am serious looking to buy a Capri Blue 2005 C230WZ SS from MB of Escondido, California. The problem is that I'm located over 2500 miles away, so I have had to rely on pictures the salespeople have been e-mailing me.

It is a 2005 Capri Blue with Ash interior. It has the lighting, sunroof, and entertainment packages. It also has about 15,800 miles. Price so far is $27,500. I have to figure about $800 to ship it to the East Coast.

What I was wondering is if there are any MBWorld members that are close to this dealership that could "be my eyes" and maybe do a walkaround or a test drive of the car. Or even send me some pics

I pretty much buy my used cars like most people buy their new cars. I am VERY particular about everything. From looking at the pics they've e-mailed me, the car looks really good. But there are some areas that look like there are white paint chips. Especially noticeable are on the trunk lid, right side of the car (rear quarter behind gas cap, front quarter wheel well), plus it looks like theres a decent scrape on the rear bumper about 6 inches below the license plate. It could be the sparkles or dirt on the lens, but I can't be sure. Plus they haven't sent me pics of the engine and the exterior front of the car. Only actually seeing the vehicle can you really determine. And that's what I am hoping someone might be able to do for me.

This will be my first MB and my first "almost new" car. I wouldn't want to have any surprises when I see it the first time after it's been shipped 2,500 miles.

The VIN on the car is: WDBRF40J65A809573

Apparently, the sales manager Randy Johnson says it's "up front" on the lot. They do have 2 others optioned exactly the same, but with 18K and 19K miles on them. They're probably out in the back lot. I can care less about the mileage, but rather would prefer the better-looking one.

Can anyone help me out? I thank you all in advance.

Paul Mendes
Cumberland, RI
Old 09-01-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05

Last edited by slammedcclass; 09-01-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
Buy Local

Since you are very particular about it.... BUY IT LOCALLY.

IF I learn one thing about the MBWORLD member is that they are very particular when it comes to the Bezn.

So DONT buy it unless you can seee it.

Good Luck.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the replies. I would buy the car locally, but they just don't have them in that color here on the East Coast. Or, if they do, they're not C230WZ's. You see the usual blacks, pewters and silvers, which are nice, but I prefer the Capri Blue.

What's convincing me to buy this one is that it can be Certified Pre-Owned, which means it goes thru their whole 140 step process. So the cars can't be THAT bad......can they???? I'm thinking this car is a loaner vehicle as Carfax is listing it as a "Corporate Fleet Lease."

Slammedcclass, if you wouldn't mind, would you be able to check out the vehicle(s) for me. The one I was especially interested in has the last numbers of the VIN as: 809573, but if the other 3 look better, I'd go for those instead despite having a bit more miles. From the pics they sent me, the wheels look great and have no scuffs/scrapes/etc. But I can't tell the body work or front end. Some pics look like there's little white pits on the paint, but it's tough to tell.

So it seems that $27,500 is too much. That's actually without the CPO. Heck, their website lists them at $30,990 which is a laughing joke. I was hoping for about $25,000, but with the low miles, I don't know if they'd go down that low. Plus I have to figure on separately paying at least $800.00 to ship it to me. Any suggestions on what I should offer them? Or how I can justify asking for a lower price?

Thanks again for all your continued assistance.

Paul
Old 09-01-2006, 05:16 PM

Is @ Home
this might sound like a dumb question but have you visit your local mb dealer? when i was looking for my car they asked what colors i wanted and if they don't have it on lot they'll find a way to get it so its present
Old 09-01-2006, 06:17 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
yeah i can head down there if you really wont thats where i bought my car new and i havent had any problems with my car or service....send me a pm if you cant find anyone else to go then ill be happy to help you.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:05 AM

Tangerine,

Yeah, I visited my local MB dealer which is part of Penske's United Auto Group. Besides MB, they are also official BMW, Lexus, Acura, Audi, plus more dealership. So they're huge. They could find me one, but, at their price, they were looking to get about $29K for it. This one, even including $800 shipping, would be about $1,000 less. Plus less mileage.

Even the other less local ones give me the usual "when we get one in that meets yours specs, we'll let you know" deal.

Plus it seems a lot of MB dealers don't dealer-trade (aka dealer A buys from dealer B, so dealer A can sell to customer).

It's kinda tough potentially buying something like this "sight-unseen". Which is why I originally posted this to see if anyone can check out the car for me. I'm sure most of us on mbworld are very picky when it comes to our cars.

Thanks again for everyone's help so far !!

Cintoman
Old 09-02-2006, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just get a brand new one for that price, seriously, unless you like vintage. Call MB of Laguna Niguel and ask to speak to Vadim Fedrovsky, long time forum member here and MB tuner, tell him I sent you and to work you a good deal. These cars sell for about $6K off these days. Then you don't have to worry about condition, it will be new, zero miles, new warranty, possibly a 2007 but best deal on 2006. Let me know if he can't cut you a deal, I have another salesman that I can refer.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:06 AM

Hi Buellwinkle,

I spoke with Vadim earlier today. He was very pleasant and honest. He basically could not get me into an 06 C230WZ for the $27K I was looking to spend. But he did give me some good tips with trying to bargain with the Escondido people.

What's bothering me is that I see quite a few 230WZ's for sale around $26K or so....BUT...they're not Capri Blue ones. And that's what I'm looking to get.

AdamVax may be able to check out the one I'm looking at in Escondido. Any suggestions on what I should ask for? I'm thinking $26,900, but I don't think they'll drop from $27,500. Haven't really had much experience bargaining with dealers.

Thanks everyone for your continued help !!

Cintoman