C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: exhaust for sound,looks & finish
remus
20.00%
supersprint
80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by c230 o5
i never botherd any 1 they started with me, and all i wanted to do was to find something out but anways,,,,,, yea i thought it would be a cool POST with the pic and clips THANX
Good way to redeem yourself. The thread was very appropriate, you had sound clips to back it up...Nice job
Old 03-06-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Hey guys i got my eisenmann straight pipe install 2day ago, it sounds really Nice,mean & aggressive. here are some pic for those who are interested. and sound clips of Esienmann 2X83mm racing + Eisenmann straight pipe . on a c230k 2005. i notice when i 1st installed the exhaust it sounded great ,but with both Items 2gether gives it a deeper sound and also the supercharger wines more when i installed the straight pipe
I'm not really digging the exhaust note....it doesn't have that deep low solid sound but more like something from an integra or civic. I know my remus muffler isn't exactly what I really wanted but it's good enough not be to annoying and have that deep solid sound upon WOT. Here's a video just for comparison purposes:

Remus muffler
Old 03-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 135i
Originally Posted by diamondblak05
I'm not really digging the exhaust note....it doesn't have that deep low solid sound but more like something from an integra or civic. I know my remus muffler isn't exactly what I really wanted but it's good enough not be to annoying and have that deep solid sound upon WOT. Here's a video just for comparison purposes:

Remus muffler
let me tell you myself i looked into eisenmann for a long time (a GERMAN product for a german car.....remus not....) and made sure that what i wanted to hear from the exhaust was the right sound, and the results were really good and then i tested out with the straight pipe to see if it was true that it would be deeper throat sound and that the supercharger wines a lil more and i succeed it was great. there is no were on EARTH your going to tell me that my car sounds like a civic > what we call here in NY a SPivic
i didnt pay $1000 Eisenmann exaust for my car to sound like a civic or for you to tell me it sounds like 1 ....P.S .. a video sound clip wont sound the same as hearing it in person + fix your video clip i cant see your remA$$ HAter
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi

Remus muffler

i've seen/herd soc's eisenhaust exhaust, and trust me, its sick... it doesnt sound rice, altho it does sound rice in the clips lol, but in person, it does sound deep and it kinda gives a exhaust "spit" kinda sound. pretty sick
Old 03-07-2006, 02:08 AM

Too many to list
let me tell you myself i looked into eisenmann for a long time (a GERMAN product for a german car.....remus not....) and made sure that what i wanted to hear from the exhaust was the right sound, and the results were really good and then i tested out with the straight pipe to see if it was true that it would be deeper throat sound and that the supercharger wines a lil more and i succeed it was great. there is no were on EARTH your going to tell me that my car sounds like a civic > what we call here in NY a SPivic
i didnt pay $1000 Eisenmann exaust for my car to sound like a civic or for you to tell me it sounds like 1 ....P.S .. a video sound clip wont sound the same as hearing it in person + fix your video clip i cant see your remA$$ HAter
Oh boy...another kid on the forum.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
...(a GERMAN product for a german car.....remus not....)...
You do realize that Remus is the same company as Sebring Technology (sold under different name, even though Remus went bankrupt) and stock MB exhaust mufflers are made by Sebring.

So, I don't mean to shoot you down or anything and I know you were trying to make a point, but make sure your point is completely valid.

Either way, it makes no difference to me. You chose the exhaust for particular reasons. Be happy with it and if people don't like how it sounds, don't get defensive about it. Just let it go. Not everybody has to like your exhaust.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by drexappeal
You do realize that Remus is the same company as Sebring Technology (sold under different name, even though Remus went bankrupt) and stock MB exhaust mufflers are made by Sebring.

So, I don't mean to shoot you down or anything and I know you were trying to make a point, but make sure your point is completely valid.

Either way, it makes no difference to me. You chose the exhaust for particular reasons. Be happy with it and if people don't like how it sounds, don't get defensive about it. Just let it go. Not everybody has to like your exhaust.

drex, remus is austrian right? thats what i herd... but I also thought remus and sebring was a diff company, i knew sebring made the mb exhaust

some people i know say the eisenhaust exhaust goes better on the V6s, and some members here got the remus on the I4s just like c230 did, I think both type exhaust has its unique sound, unlike a rice rocket muffer (just like on that 05 maxima i flewlast night) and i think Soc's exhaust sounds sick... I've never seen a remus live, but hey, im going for REMUS!!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 MB C230 Kompressor
hey bud relax a bit, he wasnt trying to **** on your car, he's just offering a different opinion. but yes, i'm interested in the remus clip, i wish his link worked.

you'll find guys who will automatically scream rice at any 4 cylinder with a muffler and those who will appreciate higher end cars with higher end parts. you'll find guys who find inexpensive ways to pull off (nearly) the same things, and guy's who will swear theres no replacement for displacement.

opinions are everywhere, as are points of view and someone people convery things stronger than others- the point is- its the internet- nothing you do or say could effect anyone other than you, and someone who mean prettymuch squat on the other end. if he died tomorrow, you'd never know....its just a waste of time- try to take things with a grain of salt.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Check Engine Light

I just had my Check Engine light come on as well. If you read the manual, the car goes into "limp home" mode when this is triggered. I drove it home and then turned the car off/on 4-5 times and let it warm up some. On the fifth start the light went away.

I suspect bad gasoline, but to be sure, I followed the only possible troubleshooting (start car 4-5 times). I didn't have a loose gas cap either, but lucky for me it saved a trip to MB Service. Very cool that the light turned itself off and the car drives just fine now.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:03 PM

Too many to list
Sorry for the video clip. It seemed the site was going thru some upgrades and had some configuration problems. It's working fine now. Here's the link again:

Remus muffler for comparison purposes only!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by advans
drex, remus is austrian right? thats what i herd... but I also thought remus and sebring was a diff company, i knew sebring made the mb exhaust

some people i know say the eisenhaust exhaust goes better on the V6s, and some members here got the remus on the I4s just like c230 did, I think both type exhaust has its unique sound, unlike a rice rocket muffer (just like on that 05 maxima i flewlast night) and i think Soc's exhaust sounds sick... I've never seen a remus live, but hey, im going for REMUS!!!!
Remus (although no longer in business) and Sebring are the same company sold under a different name (sister companies so to speak). Remus and Sebring are both Austrian companies. Do a search for both and you'll see that their websites are designed similar and the main difference is the color in marketing and the emblem. The best example I could come up with is Lexus/Toyota or Honda/Acura.

Basically, Remus and Sebring products are exactly the same. You tell me if you notice the "uncanny" resemblance in their products:

LINK: REMUS W203 EXHAUST

LINK: SEBRING TECHNOLOGY W203 EXHAUST
Old 03-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Too many to list
Update on muffler modification

I had a tuning shop redo the muffler because it was sticking out too far. I had them move the tips inward about 2" so now it looks much more flush. I also bought new rubber hangers to lift up the muffler and center the tips. I'm happy on how it looks now. Thanks for all your advice, guys!

Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Looks good. Can't tell from the picture, but did you have them change the shape of the exhaust cutout to accomodate the shape of the new tips?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 PM

Too many to list
Originally Posted by Blake P
Looks good. Can't tell from the picture, but did you have them change the shape of the exhaust cutout to accomodate the shape of the new tips?
I left the cutout untouched. I just push up the tips as close as possible to the cutout without touching it. There's a good 0.75" gap between the cutout and tips....so I hope the heat won't melt anything.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I left the cutout untouched. I just push up the tips as close as possible to the cutout without touching it. There's a good 0.75" gap between the cutout and tips....so I hope the heat won't melt anything.
The only thing I don't like about that is how the cutout doesn't match the shape of the tips. The cutout followed the shape of the oval tip stock exhaust, and now doesn't look right with the wider double tips of your Remus exhaust. I'd have it trimmed so that the top is flat, then rounded on the sides so your tips are surrounded by the rear cutout. If this is done right, you can probably even have the exhaust pushed up more to look less like it's hanging down below the bumper. But if you like it, that's the main thing!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Too many to list
The only thing I don't like about that is how the cutout doesn't match the shape of the tips. The cutout followed the shape of the oval tip stock exhaust, and now doesn't look right with the wider double tips of your Remus exhaust. I'd have it trimmed so that the top is flat, then rounded on the sides so your tips are surrounded by the rear cutout. If this is done right, you can probably even have the exhaust pushed up more to look less like it's hanging down below the bumper. But if you like it, that's the main thing!
I might consider doing that trimming...but for now, I'll leave it the way it is. Over time if I get tire of it, I'll trim the cutout. Do you know anyone that have done that so that I can reference from it?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 PM

2005 C200K
Can I ask how it sounds? I'm thinking about getting one but afraid my car is going to sound like any other ricer Jap 4 Cylinder out there lol
Old 03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by EagleW203
Can I ask how it sounds? I'm thinking about getting one but afraid my car is going to sound like any other ricer Jap 4 Cylinder out there lol
Naw, Remus has a nice deeper tone to it...not that high pitched exhaust sound the guys have.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I might consider doing that trimming...but for now, I'll leave it the way it is. Over time if I get tire of it, I'll trim the cutout. Do you know anyone that have done that so that I can reference from it?
Well, I trimmed mine to accomodate my AMG dual oval tip exhaust. I don't have any close up pics, but I can try and take one that will show you what I mean.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:19 AM

Too many to list
It's a pretty quiet muffler. While idling and driving around town, it sounds just like the factory muffler. However, under hard acceleration, it's a bit louder than the stock. It's nothing like those typically seen/heard on civics, integras, etc..... Here's a short clip:

Remus muffler
Old 03-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 MB C230 Kompressor
The only thing I don't like about that is how the cutout doesn't match the shape of the tips.
agreed- yet on the other hand i can appreciate the slight non-factory styling of a performance exhaust on it. it doesnt look stock, it doesnt fit like stock, it says "performance" in a subtle way.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Remus sounds pretty much same as Brabus as Brabus mufflers are made by Remus.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:49 AM

2005 C200K
And how about a Sebring muffler? Same thing?

Diamond Black, that was a very nice video! I like it alot
Old 03-16-2006, 12:59 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
And how about a Sebring muffler? Same thing?

Diamond Black, that was a very nice video! I like it alot
Sebring's sebring...they make the AMG mufflers
Old 03-16-2006, 01:14 AM

2005 C200K
Wow... I didn't know that AMG bit. I'm getting my Sebring tomorrow, hope its similar to that Remus video posted.

Enough from me lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know