C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Custom Ipod install

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Arctic White C230
Talk about music overkill... I've got the normal single disc indash cd, the 6 disc changer in my glovebox, and the MB ipod integration kit in the glovebox as well.

In my celica, I played around with a few adapters, but none can compare to the integration kit. Sure it's about $300, I actually got a SMOKING deal on it though because I signed up to get it with my lease, so I paid about $150 for it

Steering wheel control with cluster screen visuals is what sold me on the MB kit. But you've got a nice looking setup, so do what works for you!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:27 PM

2006 C280
Originally Posted by drho2004
Oh yeah i know that, Mine charges my ipod too, but when i plug in the belkin to the ipod i get background 'noise' kind of like when something is not grounded. does your belkin give u the same results? or it might just be a bad belkin charger, who knows. i found this while searching:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...od+integration
dod u get the same problem?
A few months ago, I did the same install. Originally had the Belkin adaptor with the Aux input mounted in the glove box with the power coming from an additional cig lighter socket tapped off the front ashtray and located next to the shift column under the wood trim. No extraneous noises. Later, I re-routed the aux input into the center console armrest box and got power from the rear seat cig lighter. A much better install but that's when the noise showed up. In my car it sounds like an old fashioned interference "whine." Also, it changes when I step on the brakes. I suspect that either the re-routing of the aux input is to blame or possibly that the grounding/electrical circuit of the rear cig lighter is different than the one in the front ashtray.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM

O7 c230, O7 335 E90
just got the part from my local dealer for 37.19$
Installed it in probaly 2 minutes!!
Thanks for this DIY
Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM

C180 sport
All I want to know is what cable is used to go on the back of the audio system
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by barrykaye
A few months ago, I did the same install. Originally had the Belkin adaptor with the Aux input mounted in the glove box with the power coming from an additional cig lighter socket tapped off the front ashtray and located next to the shift column under the wood trim. No extraneous noises. Later, I re-routed the aux input into the center console armrest box and got power from the rear seat cig lighter. A much better install but that's when the noise showed up. In my car it sounds like an old fashioned interference "whine." Also, it changes when I step on the brakes. I suspect that either the re-routing of the aux input is to blame or possibly that the grounding/electrical circuit of the rear cig lighter is different than the one in the front ashtray.

Any thoughts?
Had the same problem when I did my install: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-play-2-a.html You need a noise filter, which you can get at Radio Shack or any other electronics shop, plus any necessary adapters to connect it. You can see the one I used in the bottom left of my armrest storage among all the other wires.

Crutchfield appears to have some: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-oFjX21H...e-Filters.html