C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Service Visit thru MB of Alexandria VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk500
Wow, Can't beleive you did not use your 3 day right of recision to return this car. Just think that you always have to look at that annoying phone display everytime you happen to use the steering wheel controls. Maybe you should have used the $15.00 dollars to buy a phone. I have personally used the Alexandria dealership 3 times and every time was pleasant. No I did not get an S600 as a loaner but nor do I own one. By the way A nicely equipped explorer cost more than your "C" class. I think that maybe you need to enjoy your first mercedes and let the other chips fall where they may.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:44 AM

E350 Coupe (2010)
Wow, Can't beleive you did not use your 3 day right of recision to return this car. Just think that you always have to look at that annoying phone display everytime you happen to use the steering wheel controls. Maybe you should have used the $15.00 dollars to buy a phone. I have personally used the Alexandria dealership 3 times and every time was pleasant. No I did not get an S600 as a loaner but nor do I own one. By the way A nicely equipped explorer cost more than your "C" class. I think that maybe you need to enjoy your first mercedes and let the other chips fall where they may.

umm yeeeah the phone is a bit more than 15 dollars... and the errors I got didnt come up until a few months after I had the car. Also the explorer sucks... and it was dirty, and NOT nicely equipped.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

ESP/BAS failure light

For what its worth:

Your dealer sounds like an idiot.

A recurring ESP/BAS light is a very common problem with a very common cause. There are two "brake light switches" under the dash. Have them hook up the DAS and do a ESP test- Im sure upon closer examination they will see that there is a switch fault.

This is a documented problem with W203 and W208 chassis. The local dealer here does so many of these they have handfulls of the switches in stock.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:18 PM

E350 Coupe (2010)
Just got my car back after they replaced the parts for the ESP / BAS messages and for the Fogging windshield, and for a rattle in my sunroof....

Sun roof was fixed sounds quiet. Good job.

Windshield fogs up still ... and after inspection either they got some kind of white substance spilled on my dash or they scuffed my dash one of the two. VERY PISSED!

And when they reset my Computer to rid me of the Service A message I think I lost my Audio Pilot setting as well ... Or I am just hearing things but it definitely still changes the volume on its own.

AND they didnt set my clock properly either! hahaha

Hopefully it wont be a big deal and they can just clean the white stuff off the dash and fix my audio setting. The windshield may just be resulting from me using the AC wrong or something.. but I have to leave that top vent turned off all the time. Otherwise I have 4 growing foggy spots on my windshield.

Either way ... still another trip to the dealer and another day sans benz.

and I am not trying to have to continue paying 10 - 15 bucks each time to upgrade to a non-suckass rental car.

Last edited by Enze6997; 10-06-2002 at 04:25 PM.