C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Carbon Fiber Lip Install Tips Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
Carbon Fiber Lip Install Tips Anyone?

Just got my lip today. Thanks Neal. Great fast service. I would like to ask for some tips or hints from anyone has has installed one of these bad boys before. Are there any surprises I need to know about? The instructions looks simple enough and I have STF but I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. It's going to be a Mod weekend. Thank God Valentine's Day is next week. This weekend I get to spend time with my favorite girl hahaha. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by eunosracr; 02-06-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
it cost me 45 bucks to have mine put on at a shop
It was MB auto clinic in hialeah, right off the gratigny expwy.
Took fifteen minutes
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Take it to a trusted installer. I went to my trusted detailer/mechanic shop and they did it in an hour.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLK500
It is a DIY, just have to purchase a drill and get some friends to help out.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:06 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by moosejaw
it cost me 45 bucks to have mine put on at a shop
It was MB auto clinic in hialeah, right off the gratigny expwy.
Took fifteen minutes
I can probably do it myself, just feeling lazy. Moose I just found the place online. Right off the Gratigny. Im going to swing by tomorrow and see whats up. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by eunosracr; 02-07-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by eunosracr
I can probably do it myself, just feeling lazy. Moose I just found the place online. Right off the Gratigny. Im going to swing by tomorrow and see whats up. Thanks for your help.
make sure u install more than just 2 screws, otherwise u'll end up being like the guy that had the lip fly off. I have abt... 9 screws. on mine
Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by advans
make sure u install more than just 2 screws, otherwise u'll end up being like the guy that had the lip fly off. I have abt... 9 screws. on mine
This thing is going on w 10 screws.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by eunosracr
This thing is going on w 10 screws.

trying to beat me ehh? im gonna install more!

I seriously havnt really "looked" under the car to where the shop installed it, but I know theres 2 on each side near the wheel well. and the others are on the bottom!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 AM

2006 C230 Sedan

trying to beat me ehh? im gonna install more!

I seriously havnt really "looked" under the car to where the shop installed it, but I know theres 2 on each side near the wheel well. and the others are on the bottom!
Exactly like mine. 2 on the sides and 8 on the bottom. I just hope its not that hard to put on. I did my springs myself so this cant be much harder.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you're going to install it without the help of a shop make sure you've got more than just yourself. Have a few friends help you out because, according to Neal, you will need their help with the regular W203 lip install. I was able to install my lip with the help of some masking tape but it took me foreverrrr. All because I couldn't wait until the next day.

Good luck and post some pics once you're done.

Oh BTW, if you are planning to use ramps, don't even think about it. The car might make it up the ramps but I know it isn't coming off the ramp without ripping the lip off. Don't ask how I know.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
the reason why his flew off was b/c he doesnt have the euroteck lip. the installation was a bit different. Neal's lip requires bolts in the center of the lip which is really what holds it up. the corners simply hold it in place.

i had one hell of a time putting mine on due to bad luck with the fitment but in the end i got it right. i DO NOT recommend doing this on your own. just take your time and get it on right the first time. once you drill the holes there is no turning back! make sure both sides are perfectly flushed. i wouldnt worry too much about scratching the bumper or bending the lip - they're both stronger than you think!

good luck and post pics
it looks so sexy on white! def. one of the best mods IMO.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Thanks guys. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
I installed my lip myself no friends needed. I jacked up the car up placed 2 tires under the bumper at each side. Place the lip on the tires and wedged them under the car. Drill ones side and bolt it in and go to the other side and stretch away any drill and bolt again. then drill and srew the middle holes.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:49 PM

2008 . RX 350.
I installed lip myself , took about hour , not that hard.
make sure you do corners first, and then midle.
dont forget to post some pics, later.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Thanks for the hints. All done. Look for pics in my other thread titled Submitted for your Approval.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 PM

I would say that I did it myself, but why lie. My wife installed mine. I was part of the last group buy and it took forever to get some people to pony up the cash after making the commitment so I recieved mine about a week after having surgery on my leg. I couldnt wait to install it and my wife saw me in the garage crutches and all and decided "I could help her install it". Follow the instructions and it will go on easily. Start with one corner, then do the other corner.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Lip Install Tips Anyone?-carbon-lip.jpg  
Old 03-26-2008, 12:32 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
hum non of u guys experienced the pre-drilled holes on bumpers were in the wrong places? for me like 3/10 of the holes were wrong.

first of all, i got mine from neal euroteck this afternoon and finished installing a few hours ago. had a friend helping.

ok i know the side ones are important but for me those 2 holes weren't in the same place. one is more towards the center the other more towards the outside. and for both of them when i put the screw thru, it didn't reach the bumper or rarely touched it.

So we went to acehardware and bought some longer screws. and had to make both of those holes bigger not b/c of the screw didn't fit but because those holes were badly angled. when the holes became bigger then we were able to aim at a 90 degree angle towards the bumper and screw on it.

Ok the middle screw holes.
the 2 bunched together at the very center, I couldn't screw one of those. because when i tried, theres metal material there under my car, looks like some sort of tow hook or something I'm not sure. and one or two of the other ones experience the same problem.

As far as fitment I would rate it at 7/10. I have to be honest its not really 100% fit but its good enough I'd say. there are some tiny spaces around the places i couldn't screw thru and all that.

I might try to use tapes or some type of glue to fill the gaps because I believe the gaps at high speed will create a force which trys to seperate my lip and my bumper. I believe its secure enough and it probably wont fly off but you are never too careful right?

well if anyone who installed euroteck lips had used anything other than double sided tapes to fill the gaps please let me know what u used and how it worked out, i really like to know.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by GINO-ESC
I would say that I did it myself, but why lie. My wife installed mine. I was part of the last group buy and it took forever to get some people to pony up the cash after making the commitment so I recieved mine about a week after having surgery on my leg. I couldnt wait to install it and my wife saw me in the garage crutches and all and decided "I could help her install it". Follow the instructions and it will go on easily. Start with one corner, then do the other corner.
dude, no offense, but can your wife install mine? That's the best lip install I've seen yet!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:13 PM

2007 C230 Sport manual
Originally Posted by GINO-ESC
Now I want one. I think this picture makes the lip look REALLY NICE.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
Originally Posted by cantblockme
hum non of u guys experienced the pre-drilled holes on bumpers were in the wrong places? for me like 3/10 of the holes were wrong.

first of all, i got mine from neal euroteck this afternoon and finished installing a few hours ago. had a friend helping.

ok i know the side ones are important but for me those 2 holes weren't in the same place. one is more towards the center the other more towards the outside. and for both of them when i put the screw thru, it didn't reach the bumper or rarely touched it.

So we went to acehardware and bought some longer screws. and had to make both of those holes bigger not b/c of the screw didn't fit but because those holes were badly angled. when the holes became bigger then we were able to aim at a 90 degree angle towards the bumper and screw on it.

Ok the middle screw holes.
the 2 bunched together at the very center, I couldn't screw one of those. because when i tried, theres metal material there under my car, looks like some sort of tow hook or something I'm not sure. and one or two of the other ones experience the same problem.

As far as fitment I would rate it at 7/10. I have to be honest its not really 100% fit but its good enough I'd say. there are some tiny spaces around the places i couldn't screw thru and all that.

I might try to use tapes or some type of glue to fill the gaps because I believe the gaps at high speed will create a force which trys to seperate my lip and my bumper. I believe its secure enough and it probably wont fly off but you are never too careful right?

well if anyone who installed euroteck lips had used anything other than double sided tapes to fill the gaps please let me know what u used and how it worked out, i really like to know.
i am going from memory since it was a while ago since i installed mine. however- there were a couple (2 or 4- can't remember) that weren't meant to be screw holes. they were meant to be access holes to get to another screw or bolt above the lip. also- in order to get all of the screws to meet up with the bottom of the bumper, i used several spring loaded clamps to hold the bumper and lip together while i was installing the screws. it certainly took some lining up and a little muscle- but mine fit perfect. no issues with the center metal piece you are talking about either. the hardest part was getting the second side wrapped around the bumper. it has to be an extremely tight fit. if just a little air gets between the lip and the bumper, it's going to fly off.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:44 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
i am going from memory since it was a while ago since i installed mine. however- there were a couple (2 or 4- can't remember) that weren't meant to be screw holes. they were meant to be access holes to get to another screw or bolt above the lip. also- in order to get all of the screws to meet up with the bottom of the bumper, i used several spring loaded clamps to hold the bumper and lip together while i was installing the screws. it certainly took some lining up and a little muscle- but mine fit perfect. no issues with the center metal piece you are talking about either. the hardest part was getting the second side wrapped around the bumper. it has to be an extremely tight fit. if just a little air gets between the lip and the bumper, it's going to fly off.
alright thanks for the info man
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
i actually installed mine last weekend, and it was pretty tough. at first i thought the lip wouldn't even fit the car, as it seemed like it was pretty outta place. but i had to squeeze it/pull it etc and had my cousin hold it in place while i drilled it. it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be, but definitely made me sweat. i have some really small gaps between the lip and bumper, but i didn't fly out though; after installing the lip i drove from san gabriel to sacramento, and then back today. 80-130 mph all the way and no problem so far xept the insane amount of bugs i turfed.

ps. the lip made my car LOw. i scrape so damn much, and i can't even get up my driveway no more, LOL.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
i actually installed mine last weekend, and it was pretty tough. at first i thought the lip wouldn't even fit the car, as it seemed like it was pretty outta place. but i had to squeeze it/pull it etc and had my cousin hold it in place while i drilled it. it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be, but definitely made me sweat. i have some really small gaps between the lip and bumper, but i didn't fly out though; after installing the lip i drove from san gabriel to sacramento, and then back today. 80-130 mph all the way and no problem so far xept the insane amount of bugs i turfed.

ps. the lip made my car LOw. i scrape so damn much, and i can't even get up my driveway no more, LOL.
lol did u lower? i have stock springs and all i already thought it made my car real low. last time i hit a speed bump that i never hit before....now i guess i just have to be careful
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by cantblockme
lol did u lower? i have stock springs and all i already thought it made my car real low. last time i hit a speed bump that i never hit before....now i guess i just have to be careful
i did. lol, i can't fit a soda can beneath my front bumper no more

funny thing is, i rub hell of a lot more than i scrape, speedbumps so far are a-ok! damn dips and whatnot on travesties that us SoCal heads call roads are annoying. it's hard to even go up on any driveway, especially the plazas on valley.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
i did. lol, i can't fit a soda can beneath my front bumper no more

funny thing is, i rub hell of a lot more than i scrape, speedbumps so far are a-ok! damn dips and whatnot on travesties that us SoCal heads call roads are annoying. it's hard to even go up on any driveway, especially the plazas on valley.
LOL i feel you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Lip Install Tips Anyone?