C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

fuel filter/pressure reg C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
fuel filter/pressure reg C240

I searched for info and checked for bullitins but found 0. My car stalled out twice at low speeds, and had some trouble starting on two other occasions after sitting for a few days. I suspect the fuel filters pressure regulator is bad, and have purchased a new one. (Mann) Am I probably on the right track?
I'm at 66k miles.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
JDM

2011 C300
ok new filter is installed. The car cleared it's check engine light by itself, and it runs fine. I'm just suprised no one else has had fuel filter/regulator problems. I thought I'd heard some time ago that there were issues with the earlier filters..
Old 04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
RES

2005 C55, 1988 260E, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
I had a little problem on the dyno, I changed it, and the pressure went back up. Just on heavey loads. I have had lots of problems with my truck and the quads because of poor quility gas and found little beads, looks kind of like miniture silca beads. What ever it was I had to change the filter on the truck twice and tear the carbs appart on both quads to get it all cleaned out. I talked with a auto mechanic friend aand he said this is not uncommon. That most of the fuel out there is very poor. I did find a good deal on filters through autopartswarehouse.com. The dealer wanted $130 and it was $36 through autopartswarehouse.com for the factory filter or you could get two other brands to.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Yeah, bad fuel especially here in oregon I understand. I've heard we have the worst. My trouble has been at low speeds though, like leaving stops. I called Carquest for my filter because they can get OEM parts from World-pack. I opted for the most expensive one of the three listed (Mann). Got the cabin filter from them also, 15$. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Nice ride by the way, love the wheels.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLK500
I found part number for the fuel filter @ installuniversity.com but the selling prices seem to vary from one vendor to the other. May I know what part number you guys have?

Ps. How do I know if I purchased the correct one for my car?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 AM

2007 C280 Avantgarde
Originally Posted by JDM
ok new filter is installed. The car cleared it's check engine light by itself, and it runs fine. I'm just suprised no one else has had fuel filter/regulator problems. I thought I'd heard some time ago that there were issues with the earlier filters..

but it's worth mentioning for those who want the 335i Coupe/Sedan...

I have a couple of friends who have this problem with the new 335i Sedan/Coupe... it doesnt affect all vehicles, but it is an annoying problem. ifyou are planning to buy one of these... just beware
Old 04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
RES

Originally Posted by JDM
Yeah, bad fuel especially here in oregon I understand. I've heard we have the worst. My trouble has been at low speeds though, like leaving stops. I called Carquest for my filter because they can get OEM parts from World-pack. I opted for the most expensive one of the three listed (Mann). Got the cabin filter from them also, 15$. Thanks for the input.
They have the cabin filter, good to know. I was wondering how I can break the dealer ties all together. LOL, I do like Willsonville Mercedes, Sam is a good parts guy and is willing to go the extra mile to find me crazy stuff. I think I'm his entertainment when I come in for mod stuff.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:29 PM

Question

Originally Posted by JDM
Can you tell me where the fuel filter is located on 2001 c-240? I've been riding around with the new fuel filter in my trunk for 2 weeks! Is this operation something I can do myself or would it be wise to take it to the dealer? Please help.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:50 PM
RES

Originally Posted by ggantt
Can you tell me where the fuel filter is located on 2001 c-240? I've been riding around with the new fuel filter in my trunk for 2 weeks! Is this operation something I can do myself or would it be wise to take it to the dealer? Please help.
It's in the rear by the fuel tank, forward of the rear end and just in front of the sway bar. You have to remove the cover to get to it, but you will see it even with it on. Make sure to bleeed pressure in the tank by removing the gas cap. Then remove the filter, a little gas will come out, look how the old one came out and install the new one the same way, the arrow shows the direction of flow. You will need four new small hose clamps. The factory clamps can be prayed off with a small screw driver or grab them from the edge and wiggle it off with some force. You will see how they come off. Then just install the new filter with the new clamps, install the single bracket. and reinstall the lower cover. The hardest part of the whole thing is getting those clamps off then it's easy.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Russell Stevens
It's in the rear by the fuel tank, forward of the rear end and just in front of the sway bar. You have to remove the cover to get to it, but you will see it even with it on. Make sure to bleeed pressure in the tank by removing the gas cap. Then remove the filter, a little gas will come out, look how the old one came out and install the new one the same way, the arrow shows the direction of flow. You will need four new small hose clamps. The factory clamps can be prayed off with a small screw driver or grab them from the edge and wiggle it off with some force. You will see how they come off. Then just install the new filter with the new clamps, install the single bracket. and reinstall the lower cover. The hardest part of the whole thing is getting those clamps off then it's easy.
thanks. I'll be in touch, soon.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:07 AM

Smile fuel filter location

thanks. I'll be in touch, soon.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Question

I gonna start this task today. will stand jacks do? or do I need the entire car up in the air? as you can see,I'm kinda green. This is my second job on my car. the first was replacing the air filters, I don't want to screw up or do more work than I have to. It's appears that I'm gonna need the car up in the air to some degree. Is removing the lower cover pretty straight forward and how many screws/bolts? thanks for your patience.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:39 AM
RES

I gonna start this task today. will stand jacks do? or do I need the entire car up in the air? as you can see,I'm kinda green. This is my second job on my car. the first was replacing the air filters, I don't want to screw up or do more work than I have to. It's appears that I'm gonna need the car up in the air to some degree. Is removing the lower cover pretty straight forward and how many screws/bolts? thanks for your patience.
You can use jack stands and you don't really need to take the cover all the way down. The rear most screws, the four back ones will give you enough room. Wear some nitrile gloves or something to keep the gas off your hands. Makes it nicer to work.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Don't for get to clamp the fuel lines so they don't leak all over.

.....UPDATE: Car failed to start on friday afternoon ! Ugh. Towed it to a local shop, Crank Sensor failed! I was wrong about it being the fuel filter. Sorry guy's. Carquest got a sensor from world-pac. I should get the car back to- day. $390 bucks. Diag, plus 1.8 install labor and the sensor ($about 150.00)
It's located at the back of the engine, near the trans bell housing. According to a tech bulletin, moisture can get in the connection causing corossion and failure. Symptoms are rough running, hesitation, and crank no start conditions. A " re-initialization " procedure has to be performed to make the new sensor work, so I recommend a shop or the dealer if you loose your sensor. Looks like it affects 2001 C, E, and S class cars. v6 and v8. Thats all I know. =)
Old 04-09-2007, 08:28 PM

You can use jack stands and you don't really need to take the cover all the way down. The rear most screws, the four back ones will give you enough room. Wear some nitrile gloves or something to keep the gas off your hands. Makes it nicer to work.
outstanding! thanks. I'll be tackling the sparkplugs and wires in the near future. Have you changed plugs and wires on your mb?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
RES

outstanding! thanks. I'll be tackling the sparkplugs and wires in the near future. Have you changed plugs and wires on your mb?
Yes, just pop the cover off and pull the coil pack out and the spark plug is right under it. Pull straight up as to not break anything. I'm trying to remember who had the great prices on the plugs. I went with the NGK iredium?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Yes, just pop the cover off and pull the coil pack out and the spark plug is right under it. Pull straight up as to not break anything. I'm trying to remember who had the great prices on the plugs. I went with the NGK iredium?
I read in another thread that it's best to use a torque wrench to tighten the sparkplug to specs. I want to change the wires as well. Is changing the wires pretty straight forward?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
RES

I read in another thread that it's best to use a torque wrench to tighten the sparkplug to specs. I want to change the wires as well. Is changing the wires pretty straight forward?
I have the c230 m271 engine so I have no wire, I'm not sure about the c240.