C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How to Sell a Modded W203 Fast,Efficiently, and Effectively ? Tips Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to Sell a Modded W203 Fast,Efficiently, and Effectively ? Tips Please

Hi I have a modded out 04 C230 SS which has alot of mods, Bi-Xenons, Brabus Body Kit, Lorinser LM6 Rims, Navigation, and Tein Coilovers just to name a few mods. The car has about 40K on it and still under factory warranty and have extended till 2010. Im tired of the car and want a 05 C230 since the interior has changed. My question is I dont want to part out any mods on this car. Thousands of dollars was spent on the car, and body shop did all the work and gave me all these parts for nothing, so its not really a loss, but a selling point. I would like to know how long does it take to sell a car ? How do I go about selling it ? How can I get the best value for my modded car ? I am also doing a photoshoot soon with a model, and plan as using this as a selling point since I seen a dealer uses models to sell cars on ebay. Will this work ? I was even thinking about offering a free date with the model upon buyin the car. Please give me some good tips. Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

By the way I would like to sell this car within 1 month no longer than that. Should I use KBB and NADA to base my prices, then add the actual cost of Mods that was added to boost the value and increase the selling point ?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
No, that's the mistake that people make when actively modding their cars. They use the 'oh, it'll increase the value of the car' consolation when they do the mods. But, the truth is...not everyone wants to buy a Mercedes...and even less people want to buy modded Mercedes. Getting book value for your car is hard enough, getting book value + mods is even harder. Unless you come across someone that was going to spend the money on the exact same mods you have, don't count on getting much, if any, of that money back.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

Well I didnt really pay anything for the mods. These are OEM MB mods, and Brabus and Lorinser are Authorized Mercedes Benz Tuners. All the Mods are MB Tuner Mods. So its not like its non-mb mods. I dont really care about the mods since the shop covered the cost of the mods, and it didnt cost me upfront for any of them. I just would like to sell the car at a reasonable price with the mods on them. Better yet I am looking to get just a little bid over the KBB and Nada Price. Maybe 1-2K over it. I dont even mind getting the exact NADA price since there more reliable than KBB prices.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
Originally Posted by kevblah
No, that's the mistake that people make when actively modding their cars. They use the 'oh, it'll increase the value of the car' consolation when they do the mods. But, the truth is...not everyone wants to buy a Mercedes...and even less people want to buy modded Mercedes. Getting book value for your car is hard enough, getting book value + mods is even harder. Unless you come across someone that was going to spend the money on the exact same mods you have, don't count on getting much, if any, of that money back.
Thats why I keep all of my stock parts in case I need to change it back to stock form.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:36 AM

2003 C32
I can certainly tell you what not to do don't try to sell it on this forum especially if you think you can recoup your car + mod costs.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

The car has been serviced by MB all the time. All the stock parts are gone. I didnt need to part out. I am selling the car with the mods on them. No need to uninstall all the parts and put back the old ones, and try to sell the modded ones. Thats just a hassle right there itself. What do you think about the model and offering a date to the person who buys the car ? I seen a dealer on ebay selling their cars with models posing them. Is this a good idea ?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by MiKeSSw203
Thats why I keep all of my stock parts in case I need to change it back to stock form.
Yeah, me too lol. I have my own little OEM part corner in my garage.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

^My stock parts are all gone. I didnt need to part out. I am selling the car with the mods on them. No need to uninstall all the parts and put back the old ones, and try to sell the modded ones. Thats just a hassle right there itself.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

I was looking for at least 1K over the NADA Price. I am willing to just take the book value on the car also. Besides these are Mercedes Benz Turner Mods Brabus and Lorinser. This is what sets the car apart from stock. This car is clean. Should I sell on the forum, autotrader or ebay ? How are forum sales on here ? What about Autotrader ? Is selling on ebay a good option ? Has anyone had a great experience doing so ? I remember a modded W211 the guy got the exact value on the car. I plan on doing my photoshoot with this exclusive model which is single soon. What do you think about the model and offering a date to the person who buys the car ? I seen a dealer on ebay selling their cars with models posing them. Is this a good idea ? I think offering an incentive would help move the car even faster. What do you think ?

Last edited by mwestin; 04-05-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 M3 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by mwestin
I was looking for at least 1K over the NADA Price. I am willing to just take the book value on the car also. Besides these are Mercedes Benz Turner Mods Brabus and Lorinser. This is what sets the car apart from stock. This car is clean. Should I sell on the forum, autotrader or ebay ? How are forum sales on here ? What about Autotrader ? Is selling on ebay a good option ? Has anyone had a great experience doing so ? I remember a modded W211 the guy got the exact value on the car. I plan on doing my photoshoot with this exclusive model which is single soon. What do you think about the model and offering a date to the person who buys the car ? I seen a dealer on ebay selling their cars with models posing them. Is this a good idea ? I think offering an incentive would help move the car even faster. What do you think ?
I've sold a car on E-bay, I sold a car on a forum board, using the methods described in my earlier posts.
You clearly have a different sales plan.
Good luck anyway!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM

2023 C300w/AMG package
I have had several Modded cars over the years and it has been my experience that it is money you have LOST. I have never found someone that was willing to pay for all the upgrades. I had a BMW with 10K in mods, all AC SCHNITZER equipment and I felt lucky to get high book only. I simply pissed away the 10K.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 PM

'14 CLA 45
I'd love to see some pictures ... with all these upgrades. Any chance you can take some in case you dont have aomw already saved on the computer?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic
Hi I have a modded out 04 C230 SS which has alot of mods, Bi-Xenons, Brabus Body Kit, Lorinser LM6 Rims, Navigation, and Tein Coilovers just to name a few mods. The car has about 40K on it and still under factory warranty and have extended till 2010. Im tired of the car and want a 05 C230 since the interior has changed. My question is I dont want to part out any mods on this car. Thousands of dollars was spent on the car, and body shop did all the work and gave me all these parts for nothing, so its not really a loss, but a selling point. I would like to know how long does it take to sell a car ? How do I go about selling it ? How can I get the best value for my modded car ? I am also doing a photoshoot soon with a model, and plan as using this as a selling point since I seen a dealer uses models to sell cars on ebay. Will this work ? I was even thinking about offering a free date with the model upon buyin the car. Please give me some good tips. Thanks
Why dont you just buy your 05 c230 and swap parts.. Then sell the 04 at blue book
Old 04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by C24owner
Why dont you just buy your 05 c230 and swap parts.. Then sell the 04 at blue book

I think it has to do with money. Link
Old 04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
I think it has to do with money. Link
ahhh. Gotcha.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
Brabus and Lorinser is not really Authorized Mercedes Benz Tuners...

if they are, they won't void warrenty from your dealer (i think that's what i read from brabus.com)

i even talked with my SA about Brabus, they said is totally not recommeneded.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/183423-illmatic-s-brabus-w203.html

look at this car, fully modd which spent over 100G...

he couldn't get back his mod money when he resell his car

but i still wants it.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
I sold mine on Myspace! I just posted up a bulletin and a friend by chance was interested.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

I cannot part out bc I dont have any of the stock parts, and I didnt pay for any mods for the car since the body shop payed for everything, so it doesnt matter. And why part out when you will have to take everything off and put stock back on, that just cost more money and just as much as a hassle. Just sell with the mods on the car. What do you think about the model and offering a date to the person who buys the car ? I seen a dealer on ebay selling their cars with models posing them. Is this a good idea ? I think offering an incentive would help move the car even faster. What do you think ?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
I cannot part out bc I dont have any of the stock parts, and I didnt pay for any mods for the car since the body shop payed for everything, so it doesnt matter. And why part out when you will have to take everything off and put stock back on, that just cost more money and just as much as a hassle. Just sell with the mods on the car. What do you think about the model and offering a date to the person who buys the car ? I seen a dealer on ebay selling their cars with models posing them. Is this a good idea ? I think offering an incentive would help move the car even faster. What do you think ?
why not just put the parts on the '05 that you buy?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rlee02135
why not just put the parts on the '05 that you buy?
I rather leave the car like it is. That would be too much of a hassle changing kits rims and parts when I get an 05. If I get a different color car from the one I have the kits would need to be repainted reinstalled. That would be labor charges right there. Parting out is just a hassle within itself. I find it best just to sell like it already is, at least in my case I didnt pay for mods. And even if I did I still wouldnt part out changing back to stock its just a hassle and selling parts by one by one. I just want to get NADA Price and maybe 1K above it since the person thats already buying it dont have to buy rims and put mods into it since it already comes with them. It saves them money. Anyways I need tips and suggestions on how can I sell my car ? Give me some options for a modded car. Should I use this hot model from my photoshoot as a selling tool to sell on ebay with offering a free date to the winner ? I think this is a good marketing tool since one dealer markets their cars with models on ebay.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
I rather leave the car like it is. That would be too much of a hassle changing kits rims and parts when I get an 05. If I get a different color car from the one I have the kits would need to be repainted reinstalled. That would be labor charges right there. Parting out is just a hassle within itself. I find it best just to sell like it already is, at least in my case I didnt pay for mods. And even if I did I still wouldnt part out changing back to stock its just a hassle and selling parts by one by one. I just want to get NADA Price and maybe 1K above it since the person thats already buying it dont have to buy rims and put mods into it since it already comes with them. It saves them money. Anyways I need tips and suggestions on how can I sell my car ? Give me some options for a modded car. Should I use this hot model from my photoshoot as a selling tool to sell on ebay with offering a free date to the winner ? I think this is a good marketing tool since one dealer markets their cars with models on ebay.
pictures always help...
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
I'm so confused. So you want to sell your modded '04 to move into a non-modded '05? Just because of the interior? This really doesn't make sense to me at all. If anything, it would kinda make sense if you said a '07 350 or even 230.

Even still, if you were to do that, I'd say just get a 335i after selling your '04 230K ss.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
start off by putting it on craigslist, it's free and at least it will start the process and you might get some leads. lots of younger people on there who might appreciate your car.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:18 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by MiKeSSw203
+1

i have tried selling a moded car its not easy, ppl will pay it down. or will tell u that could have got the parts cheep.
i think ur best bet it to take it back to stock as close as possible and sell the parts as they are. it might get u a better return on ur money for the parts. good luck on the sale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to Sell a Modded W203 Fast,Efficiently, and Effectively ? Tips Please