C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

interior trim kit for C-Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
interior trim kit for C-Coupe

anyone have any experience w/ them? or this product?

http://www.torasport.com/Dashkits/mercedes.htm

Old 10-01-2002, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
go look at the burlwood pic. I would love to have that In my car! Looks so classy.

Never used them, but they look top notch. Any idea on prices?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Wood in the Coupe? Pretentious and frumpy, IMO. In a Suburban wood would be appropriate.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
carbon fiber would look good i think
Old 10-01-2002, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
carbon fiber would look good i think
I think so, too. I test drove a Volvo S60 T5 last year at Fairfax Volvo - stock, with a space ball shifter (manual) and carbon fiber interior. It looked fantastic. Too bad they are all FWD, or else it would have been mine right then.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
ok, i just got off the phone w/ them... this is a DIY project w/ a blow dryer.

i had 4 questions:

1. price = $243.60 (CF was more, but i forget what she said. not much more)
2. removable if i don't like it? = Yes
3. samples? = $2 - i ordered the High Gloss Brushed aluminum (but i have a feeling it's going to be too shiny...)
4. do they have matte brushed aluminum? = no. closest is the titanium, but...

she said the titanium is very thin and doesn't apply very well to curved surfaces.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
what samples did you order?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by young
ok, i just got off the phone w/ them... this is a DIY project w/ a blow dryer.

i had 4 questions:

1. price = $243.60 (CF was more, but i forget what she said. not much more)
2. removable if i don't like it? = Yes
3. samples? = $2 - i ordered the High Gloss Brushed aluminum (but i have a feeling it's going to be too shiny...)
4. do they have matte brushed aluminum? = no. closest is the titanium, but...

she said the titanium is very thin and doesn't apply very well to curved surfaces.
Good luck on the "removable" part. When I sold my A4 it had real CF trim. Couldnt get the sucker off even with blow-dryer (heat).....well at least not if I want to sell the trim off. So to prevent further damage I just left the trim on. It was really nice the dealer (trade-in) thought it was factory option......it was real easy to appy too......just clean surface and comes with 3M tape.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I've had a carbon fiber kit by them sitting in my crx for the past year or so. Just can't get around to installing it, for some reason.

Anyhoo, it seems to be very high quality.

If you go to VW Vortex, do a search there. Tons of VW owners have done brushed aluminum kits; you'd be able to get a slew of opinions. Though, I think that Legend 5 is a little better liked than Tora, if memory serves.

HTH
Old 10-01-2002, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
what samples did you order?
i just called her back and ordered a couple more samples...

titanium (to see what it looks like)
high gloss brushed aluminum
silver carbon fiber...

actually, i'm not impressed w/ the pics at all on their website so i really wanted to take a look at the actual samples.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by tberry
Good luck on the "removable" part. When I sold my A4 it had real CF trim. Couldnt get the sucker off even with blow-dryer (heat).....well at least not if I want to sell the trim off. So to prevent further damage I just left the trim on. It was really nice the dealer (trade-in) thought it was factory option......it was real easy to appy too......just clean surface and comes with 3M tape.
she said that unlike other kits, they don't use a "primer?" or something like that so that it really comes off easily w/ some heat... lift a corner w/ some sort of wedge and pull up - no residue. i will have to test it.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Wasn't Jimmy going to get you in touch with someone who will do actual trim replacements, and not overlays? What gives?

Don't forget about the Renntech kit! It is on sale, so act quick!
Old 10-01-2002, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i just called legend 5 and they are sending me a couple of samples: real billet aluminum ($399), and simulated aluminum ($249).

http://www.legend5.com/dashkit/index.html

frankly, i think the real billet aluminum is what i'm looking for but i'll wait until i get the actual samples.

heheh! renntech kit is awesome but i'm trying to save up for that motorcycle...

---

legend 5 said they have a stainless steel matte that looks just like the billet aluminum but $299. they don't have samples of that though...

--

no group buys...

Last edited by young; 10-01-2002 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:59 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
where can i get Renntech spoiler cheaper for the C coupe (other than Renntech)? Is it possible? For that price (i think ~$450) does it come painted? thanks.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:17 PM

2017 GLA 250 4Matic
Is carbon fibre composed of weaving and stitching the fibres in a pattern?

Can someone explain what it is and how it's done because I'm sure some of us just call it CF and don't really know how it's made.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by tberry
where can i get Renntech spoiler cheaper for the C coupe (other than Renntech)? Is it possible? For that price (i think ~$450) does it come painted? thanks.
Other than ripping one off someone else's ccoupe, you mean?

AFAIK, there's no blue light special on Renntech stuff, so their prices are pretty static. And no, it's not painted.

Big, from the "How do mt. bikes work" writeup at www.howstuffworks.com (great site, btw), here's the description of cf:

This is a material that is built up in sheets over foam forms. Sheets of carbon-fiber cloth are placed over the foam forms and epoxied in place. The result is a very light, strong structure that can have almost any shape.

That's about as good of a description as I've seen to date.

Young, I've got a set of aluminum floormats from Legend 5 for my crx - nicely done, too; got them in a groupbuy at VW Vortex (really wanted a GTI until I saw the ccoupe [can't get gti in Orion Blue!]), so they DO do group buys at times. Maybe they've changed their policies since then, or the person didn't want to admit to it on the phone. Methinks your reputation precedes you.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by tommy
Young, I've got a set of aluminum floormats from Legend 5 for my crx - nicely done, too; got them in a groupbuy at VW Vortex (really wanted a GTI until I saw the ccoupe [can't get gti in Orion Blue!]), so they DO do group buys at times. Maybe they've changed their policies since then, or the person didn't want to admit to it on the phone. Methinks your reputation precedes you.
what reputation is that??? :p

--

3 comments:

legend 5 tried to sell me the metal mats... i politely declined.

torasports has heard bad things about legend 5 uh-huh... (to clarify - i asked b/c they both used the same diagram. it seems that for some of the kits, they have the same supplier.)

i don't get the long strips on the sides of the diagram above. i can only think that they somehow just overlay the plastic behind the door pull cup piece... i don't think that will look good at all.

Last edited by young; 10-01-2002 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Damm..someone beat me...on the same day?!!!

i wanted to do soem carbon fibre stuff...the plasticy, rubbery handrest....went to a shop..they told me that they will need a mold...and to make a mold will cause about 1500 for each side...
Old 10-02-2002, 11:41 AM

I just want one piece and it's NOT there

anyone have any experience w/ them? or this product?

http://www.torasport.com/Dashkits/mercedes.htm

A Very timely post (for me anyway). I have been thinking off adding just one more piece to the trim. ANd that piece would the additional piece to cover the trim around the front 2 center vents.

The existing design stops too short - it should be extended to create an intergrated look between the dash and the console.

Any one know where we can find that piece??? of the same material and texture of course

Thanks,
Peace
Old 10-02-2002, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: I just want one piece and it's NOT there

Originally posted by Benzer
The existing design stops too short - it should be extended to create an intergrated look between the dash and the console.

Any one know where we can find that piece??? of the same material and texture of course

Thanks,
Peace
MB designers decided otherwise. So, I don't think you will find that piece anywhere. IMHO, it would stick out like a sore thumb. The way it is, it's in line with other vent assemblies on each side of the dashboard.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:11 PM
gab

i'll be more interested in the 2003 "charcoal wood" (forgot the realname) trim from MB. I think it will be very similar to the one comes in Sport Package of 3 Series
Old 10-02-2002, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
i just called legend 5 and they are sending me a couple of samples: real billet aluminum ($399), and simulated aluminum ($249).

frankly, i think the real billet aluminum is what i'm looking for but i'll wait until i get the actual samples.

Young, have you considered buffing off the screen printing on the stock trim pieces? I think that will give you the bare aluminum look you may be after and it will cost close to $0. Of course, you wont get all the additional pieces that the kit includes...don't know if that matters to you....
Old 10-02-2002, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by avlis
Young, have you considered buffing off the screen printing on the stock trim pieces? I think that will give you the bare aluminum look you may be after and it will cost close to $0. Of course, you wont get all the additional pieces that the kit includes...don't know if that matters to you....
yes, i've considered it. here are my thoughts:

1. the black pattern could be sandblasted off, buffed off, etc... but the little dimples would still be there. i think the easiest method to remove the black pattern would be paint thinner?

2. i'd like to be able to put it back to stock form if necessary. (this is for all the mods).

3. i don't want to remove the aluminum panels b/c i suck at that kind of stuff. but, applying something on top doesn't seem too difficult. (but, i'm thinking about taking them off - others who have installed the audio 10 make me more confident about it)

4. actually, i only want the center dash parts. not the gauge ring, door cup bands, long strips on the side, window control surrounds, nor the car light surround. i'm going to see if i can get it for less b/c i don't want the other pieces (this is for the custom billet brushed aluminum).

5. i thought about buying an interior trim kit directly from mb... and messing w/ it a little.

6. this may be moot if i don't like the trim samples i get. and i'll just live w/ the current trim.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
here are some pics of xcfisher's custom interior. i think he actually took the trim off and hand laid the stuff on. i think it looks like a very professional job.

the important thing is that the edges of the overlays are not visible and they curve back in.

Old 10-02-2002, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
this is one of the renntech interior kits... but $1900!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2858

Last edited by young; 10-02-2002 at 09:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: interior trim kit for C-Coupe