C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:24 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
this is just my 2 cent:

I have to say that IF the plastic has shown some cracks (which no one could tell) then any bump may cause it to break. IF the plastic wasn't aged you may require more force to break it (I haven't see it, so I have no idea how thin or how it looks). It's just one of those things that happens. From what I can tell after talking to them today they weren't too happy about your attitude either. This is just from what I heard from talking to them.

I do agree with you that they should've replace the part for you tho Johnny. That is the part that they did wrong which if attempts to fix it failed the part should be replaced. BUT I do not know what happened or who said what after the attempt in fixing the problem. That may have been the spark for what went down afterwards because from what I have seen/experienced they have always taken care of the customer when things went wrong. i.e. authentic Brabus puddle lights installed on few friends' car that has problem with the LED dying was all replaced for free by them.

I've gone to that place since 2004 the first time I lowered my car and I can tell you that they'll treat people with the same attitude that they've been treated. If the customer doesn't seem to be friendly they're not gonna be friendly. the first few time I went there I got treated pretty bad as well.

I've always stand there and watch them do all the install that i've ever done with them while chatting with them. AND they do work slow at times.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-02-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
damn thats fu*ken ghey
Old 06-02-2007, 02:58 AM

2007 E550 Sport
Thanks for the heads up... I heard The Wheel Supply before and have considered them for some work, but from your experience they seem as shady as can be...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned

c230 2005, Mods- Custom Muffs-Lorinser LM6- Tinted window-Smoked ligts- Carbon lip-Hnr Springs(Cut)-
Originally Posted by NA55
Thanks for the heads up... I heard The Wheel Supply before and have considered them for some work, but from your experience they seem as shady as can be...
haha..well people makes mistakes, but as far as i know, there are only 3 people working in TWS, albert,sander and 1 more guy and none are technician, they are the owners. They need prof technician to do all these installation.,
Old 06-02-2007, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Ronce, first of all your in no position to say you can do a better job then TWS. Every shop has their screw ups once in awile. Their is no such thing as a flawless shop.

Sim Benz, one mistake does not mean all past cars have been "F'd up". Also name calling Sanders a "dick"??. How many times have you been there and what did they do to you to justify that he acted as a "dick". How can you compare impressiveness if you went to TWS just once based on a exhaust job?

Johnny, I understand you are pissed, but for Albert to say those things, you must've also said a few things to heat up the arguement.

One thing, why did you take it to the stealership to get such an easy part fixed when you know they will overcharge you on labor?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Originally Posted by ronce
haha..well people makes mistakes, but as far as i know, there are only 3 people working in TWS, albert,sander and 1 more guy and none are technician, they are the owners. They need prof technician to do all these installation.,
There are 4-5 people, Albert is a professional mechanic/technician. Please let me know how he is unprofessional and unexperienced, please do not say what you do not know.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Banned

c230 2005, Mods- Custom Muffs-Lorinser LM6- Tinted window-Smoked ligts- Carbon lip-Hnr Springs(Cut)-
Originally Posted by Cappa26
There are 4-5 people, Albert is a professional mechanic/technician. Please let me know how he is unprofessional and unexperienced, please do not say what you do not know.
Thats why i just said, as far as i know, ive been there a couple of times. No offence dude. =)
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
Ronce, first of all your in no position to say you can do a better job then TWS. Every shop has their screw ups once in awile. Their is no such thing as a flawless shop.

Sim Benz, one mistake does not mean all past cars have been "F'd up". Also name calling Sanders a "dick"??. How many times have you been there and what did they do to you to justify that he acted as a "dick". How can you compare impressiveness if you went to TWS just once based on a exhaust job?

Johnny, I understand you are pissed, but for Albert to say those things, you must've also said a few things to heat up the arguement.

One thing, why did you take it to the stealership to get such an easy part fixed when you know they will overcharge you on labor?
Sorry to break it to you. But everything was recorded like i said. Tape record! I got full proof if i want to take this to court. And i will tell you the honest truth, i didn't spark the attitude first, they did. We all make mistakes and that's given... but when finger begins to point to a customer who had no cause in it, that's wrong.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:59 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
this is just my 2 cent:

I have to say that IF the plastic has shown some cracks (which no one could tell) then any bump may cause it to break. IF the plastic wasn't aged you may require more force to break it (I haven't see it, so I have no idea how thin or how it looks). It's just one of those things that happens. From what I can tell after talking to them today they weren't too happy about your attitude either. This is just from what I heard from talking to them.

I do agree with you that they should've replace the part for you tho Johnny. That is the part that they did wrong which if attempts to fix it failed the part should be replaced. BUT I do not know what happened or who said what after the attempt in fixing the problem. That may have been the spark for what went down afterwards because from what I have seen/experienced they have always taken care of the customer when things went wrong. i.e. authentic Brabus puddle lights installed on few friends' car that has problem with the LED dying was all replaced for free by them.

I've gone to that place since 2004 the first time I lowered my car and I can tell you that they'll treat people with the same attitude that they've been treated. If the customer doesn't seem to be friendly they're not gonna be friendly. the first few time I went there I got treated pretty bad as well.

I've always stand there and watch them do all the install that i've ever done with them while chatting with them. AND they do work slow at times.
Hey Frank, there will always be two sides to a story. But they gave me an attitude first when they blamed everything on me. So you be the judge, are they professional? I doubt it. Again, i know people on this forum are friends with TWS and might find my story hard to believe and i don't blame them. Like Sander said, i'll back up my tech even if he cuts your car in half. We all had difference experience, but once i show you the tape you'll think otherwise.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIGjohnny
Sorry to break it to you. But everything was recorded like i said. Tape record! I got full proof if i want to take this to court. And i will tell you the honest truth, i didn't spark the attitude first, they did. We all make mistakes and that's given... but when finger begins to point to a customer who had no cause in it, that's wrong.
peace out- Guys, maybe we should stop talking about bodyshop
Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Originally Posted by ronce
Thats why i just said, as far as i know, ive been there a couple of times. No offence dude. =)
None taken, just like to get the information correct.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Probably because he knew it would get done without any of the "yeah it's fixed" BS.

Without taking sides but just from a customer service standpoint:

I'm sure some of you know the guys at TWS so obviously you all are going to defend them but the damage has already been done. Instead of them fixing the minor problem they decided they wanted to mimic the customer's ****ty attitude (if that claim is indeed true) and point fingers. Great customer service eh?

Guess who has much more to lose? Johnny with his $300 bill for the broken part? Care to guess how many customers they have already lost because of the negative feedback?

All because of a $65 part they apparently knowingly broke only to blame the part for having 65k miles. Hmm.....
Old 06-02-2007, 04:38 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Hey Frank, there will always be two sides to a story. But they gave me an attitude first when they blamed everything on me. So you be the judge, are they professional? I doubt it. Again, i know people on this forum are friends with TWS and might find my story hard to believe and i don't blame them. Like Sander said, i'll back up my tech even if he cuts your car in half. We all had difference experience, but once i show you the tape you'll think otherwise.
it's a fact that there are always two sides of the story (same goes for all the tuner shops), but I thought you are better than posting your rant in the forum. If it's one of the sponsors then hell yea people should know, but they're not a sponsor on here, so there's no chance for them to defend themselves on what exactly was said.

honestly since I know both you and them, I'm 100% positive that I will be hearing from both side and neither side will change their story, so I'm just ignoring what's said to me and talking about what should've been done by both party. I don't really care who is right and who is wrong. I don't find the story hard to believe. it could happen to anyone. It's like I talked to you about on IM, when you gave the permission to them to fix the part that broke they can choose which ever method deem necessary to fix the problem at hand. If they didn't do a good job have them fix it till it's properly fixed. You see what I'm saying right?

how did you get the conversation recorded anyway? i thought it's illegal to record conversations without the other party acknowledging it.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-02-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels

how did you get the conversation recorded anyway? i thought it's illegal to record conversations without the other party acknowledging it.
Dun Dun Dun

By the way this could have happen to anyone or any mechanic, the part that broke off becomes very fragile over a given period of time (wear and tear).
Old 06-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Banned

love ur car- clean mod!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Johnny, I understand your frustration, bro, but Your situation doesn't necessarily translate to everyone else's. Having that one bad experience doesn't mean everybody else would have the same problems with TWS. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, so it's unfortunate to hear a story like this.

I'm glad everything was somewhat resolved though. Just keep in mind, whenever there is a install to this nature, it's always good to know the worst case scenario...I hate to hear a homie going through ish like this, but as long as it got resolved (even if it was not an "ideal" solution), it got fixed and that's what's important. Now you can just enjoy the car.

Before ANYTHING goes in my car, I like to know every single little thing that can go wrong. My car is at the delaership right now because of something that happened and the break-line was burned. But there's NO way I would place any blame on anybody because I accept the responsibility with what I'm putting in my car. Your situation is slightly different, but I hope what I'm saying makes sense.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 AM

mine: '01 C240 w/heavy modifications dad's: '05 997 Carrera S
tws has done a lot o work for me, and sander has always been very hard to get ahold of, and ive always had to chase him for stuff, and this exhaust thing wasnt even done well...i showed up and had tyo wait like 3hours because after i clearly stated i was coming for install they didnt have time for me.

its always been very unproffessional, but ive gone out of necessity, because i couldnt find another shop, so dont act like i dont know what im talking about.

whenever it came to money, sander WAS a dick. and when it wasnt money, he was just indifferent, and acted like he didnt care.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:09 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Johnny, I understand your frustration, bro, but Your situation doesn't necessarily translate to everyone else's. Having that one bad experience doesn't mean everybody else would have the same problems with TWS. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, so it's unfortunate to hear a story like this.

I'm glad everything was somewhat resolved though. Just keep in mind, whenever there is a install to this nature, it's always good to know the worst case scenario...I hate to hear a homie going through ish like this, but as long as it got resolved (even if it was not an "ideal" solution), it got fixed and that's what's important. Now you can just enjoy the car.

Before ANYTHING goes in my car, I like to know every single little thing that can go wrong. My car is at the delaership right now because of something that happened and the break-line was burned. But there's NO way I would place any blame on anybody because I accept the responsibility with what I'm putting in my car. Your situation is slightly different, but I hope what I'm saying makes sense.
Hey Drex. Yes, i understand what you are saying. In any of my posts, i've never said not to shop at TWS or anything in that nature. I just wanted to inform everyone on this forum to be aware of what happened to me. I would hate to see anyone on this forum to go through what i've been through. TWS was very hard to get a hold of, and when i did, the conversation would never finish because they hung up on me. In any given situation, anything can go wrong... but from my experience, i did not expect to be treated in such a unprofessional and rude manner.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Hey Drex. Yes, i understand what you are saying. In any of my posts, i've never said not to shop at TWS or anything in that nature. I just wanted to inform everyone on this forum to be aware of what happened to me. I would hate to see anyone on this forum to go through what i've been through. TWS was very hard to get a hold of, and when i did, the conversation would never finish because they hung up on me. In any given situation, anything can go wrong... but from my experience, i did not expect to be treated in such a unprofessional and rude manner.
That's too bad. Sander was really helpful when it came to fixing my rubbing issues that came up after I adjusted my dampers.

I know that you are just trying to pre-warn others by explaining your situation, however there is always 2 sides to the story. I know you, so I know that it's not in your nature to be that confrontational, however, TWS is not here to explain their viewpoint of what happened. The only ones that know what happened are you and TWS.

Thanks for sharing the bad experience, but for those that haven't gone to TWS, I wouldn't say that this is the situation consistently with them. That's just my 2 Cents.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 AM

/////AMG
it's a fact that there are always two sides of the story (same goes for all the tuner shops), but I thought you are better than posting your rant in the forum. If it's one of the sponsors then hell yea people should know, but they're not a sponsor on here, so there's no chance for them to defend themselves on what exactly was said.

honestly since I know both you and them, I'm 100% positive that I will be hearing from both side and neither side will change their story, so I'm just ignoring what's said to me and talking about what should've been done by both party. I don't really care who is right and who is wrong. I don't find the story hard to believe. it could happen to anyone. It's like I talked to you about on IM, when you gave the permission to them to fix the part that broke they can choose which ever method deem necessary to fix the problem at hand. If they didn't do a good job have them fix it till it's properly fixed. You see what I'm saying right?

I actually don't know if it's illegal on that given situation. But if it does go to court, which i highly doubt... i'll definitely let you know the outcome

Yes, i gave them permission to fix the car, but the car was not fixed properly. I even drove the car with their saying that it's safe in which it was not. Both parties agreed to have the car inspect by a Mercedes Dealership Technician. When they received the phone call, they've decided to refund the installation money.

The only reason i posted this message was to inform every individual on my experience with TWS. I never stated to anyone not to shop or stay away from TWS. They can choose to believe the story or not. As stated before from other members on the forum, some had bad experience (not as bad as mine) and some had good experience. And we inform each other about our experience so others may be aware. Simple as that.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:36 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by drexappeal
That's too bad. Sander was really helpful when it came to fixing my rubbing issues that came up after I adjusted my dampers.
Yes, i was there. He was indeed very helpful. But keep in mind, personality changes when one problem cost 5 dollars to fix (i believe they used spacers correct?) while another problem cost 381 dollars to fix.

Anywho, thanks Drex for your kind opinion rather than trying to defend just one particular party. This is why you have many respects from people on this forum

I too agree with you, for other members to give TWS a try. One bad experience should not drive other customers away, we all make mistakes.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:54 AM

2007 E550 Sport

Recording a conversation is 100% legal as long as one party involved in the conversation knows that it is being recorded....
Old 06-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by NA55
Recording a conversation is 100% legal as long as one party involved in the conversation knows that it is being recorded....
I'll have to agree with that as well. The other party has to be aware that they are being recorded in order for it to be considered as evidence in a court of law.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Yes, i was there. He was indeed very helpful. But keep in mind, personality changes when one problem cost 5 dollars to fix (i believe they used spacers correct?) while another problem cost 381 dollars to fix.

Anywho, thanks Drex for your kind opinion rather than trying to defend just one particular party. This is why you have many respects from people on this forum

I too agree with you, for other members to give TWS a try. One bad experience should not drive other customers away, we all make mistakes.
Yeah, I take in consideration the cost of the fix, remember to keep in mind that what you are putting into your car isn't exactly "street" legal. That being said, wasn't your install fee refunded? That should cover the fixed coolant parts. That's why I mentioned that the issue was resolved. It may not have been pretty or easy, but it was resolved.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Almost a Member!

hmm, i went to TWS for a couple things....now i guess i'll have to second guess my decision to go there from now on...

worst case scenario...something gets messed up during the install and i'll have the fact in the back of my mind that they won't take PROPER steps to CORRECT the problem....

Even though its a fact that people get ANGRY and improper things get said out of frustraton,that doesn't mean the problem shouldn't be "fixed" the right way...that's the bottom line for me when deciding who I want to trust with my car.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop