C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop

Alright, need to vent out a little bit. So, as you may know, TWS installed my Kleemann headers and cat. So before i start, i understand that this may offend some of you individuals because TWS are your friends. But from how i was treated, they are The Worse Shop. After being customers with them through Brabus exhaust and installation on Eibach sway bars, this will be my last visit at TWS.

Names won't be mentioned, but the TWS technician who remove the stock header and installed the new header forgot to detach the coolant tube that connects towards the engine. So the tecnician accidentally bumped it and broke the connector on the tube. Also, the other side of that tube towards the coolant resevoir was damaged as well. I believe this was caused when the connector broke off and the entire tube shifted which caused the other end piece to clip off. So i called the Mercedes, they do have the part and now the entire tube cost 65 dollars to replace. TWS of course didn't want to purchase the part cause they'll lose money.

Now here's the funny part, they claim it's my fault because the piece shouldn't have broken off when they accidentally bumped it. It's my fault because my car has 65,000 miles and it's not new. They stated that if this was a new car and we accidentally bumped this connector it will remain attached. To my understanding and by law, any shops are responsible for any damages they've caused. So the TWS technician told me he'lll fix the problem, i said sure. Later, he starts cutting on both end piece of the tube and sawing the coolant reservoir nose piece where the tube is suppose to be attached. Before, the tube would connect to a 2 inch metal tube piece and a rubber hose would wrap around it. Now, his method is to wrap the rubber hose around 1/4 an inch of a plastic piece that he didn't saw off. Ask yourself, how will that hold together? Also, to the other side of the tube where the connector broke that is supposed to be attached towards the engine was not replaced, they simply took the rubber hose and wrapped around it. None of the method works and coolant was leaked everywhere. I said this is inappropriate and all they kept repeating themselves that this is my fault. Now, the technician said this... "How about i don't charge you for the installation and you're responsible for the damages?" WTF was that about, very unprofessional!!! How is it my fault when i didn't do the installation and the car arrived perfectly driveable? Now, after they claim they have fixed the problem, they told me to take off and to a test drive, i said no you test drive it for me. After few minutes of test drive, coolant leaked everywhere. Car had to be left over the Memorial weekend.

As i returned after the holiday, i had a little dispute with TWS. To keep this relatively short, they constantly blamed me and claim the car is fixed properly and safe to drive. During the dispute, the owner of the store said. " I don't care if my tech cuts your car in half, i will still back him up." Not a very trust worthy shop! Before i left, i even asked them if the car was test drove again, and of course they said yes... little did they know i recorded the odometer few days ago and it was changed, another lie! As i turned on the car, coolant began leaking from the resevoir off the tube. Called the owner, and he simply wiped it off with a towel and said it's fine to drive off. I drove to Mercedes for an inspection which was only 15 miles away and i lost 1/4 of coolant! Nothing was fixable and the entire coolant resevoir and tube had to replace. Called the place back and wanted me to drive back so they can fix it, now how the hell can i drive back? Later they refunded me the installation money and i end up paying more because the damages was worth more than 300 dollars.

Now, i understand anyone is entitled to their own opinions about their experiences at any shops. I thought i let everyone know on this forum because they deserve the right to know the reputations of a shop. I wouldn't want anyone going through the same problem as i did or any problems in general in which the owner of the car had no responsibility. For those who don't believe, everything was recorded for court purpose if i want to file a claim. I may be nice enough not too.

Last edited by BIGjohnny; 06-01-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM

E53
As i turned on the car, coolant began leaking from the resevoir off the tube. Called the owner, and he simply wiped it off with a towel and said it's fine to drive off.
thats just too foul of a move right there.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Thanks for sharing your experience, Johnny. Up until now, I had only heard good things about TWS. Everybody makes mistakes, but they certainly should have taken care of fixing their mistake.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by Blake P
Thanks for sharing your experience, Johnny. Up until now, I had only heard good things about TWS. Everybody makes mistakes, but they certainly should have taken care of fixing their mistake.
Yes, i've heard many great things about TWS as well. I'll agree with you, we all make mistakes but at least fix it in a orderly professional manner. I'll give credit for the Kleemann header and cat installation, they did a wonderful job. But everything else was done very poorly. Can no longer trust them.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Damn, that sucks. Unconscionable how a shop has that attitude and lack of professionalism. Finding a qualified technician for hotrodding work is often a challenge.
When the fit hits the shan in my business, at least I man up to the problem and customer to make things right. But what the heck do I know; I’m just too old fashioned…
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
Dang that sucks Johnny. Sorry to hear about your problems with them.
I agree they are not very professional there. When I got my car lowered they told me to drop it off at noon and said it would be ready by 5. I came back at 5 and it wasn't even touched. As I pulled up they were just moving it to the back.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Johnny, you couldv'e just had me install it for you - I've done 3 header installations and reinstallations (on M271s) and by far the Kleemann ones look the easiest. Come to think of it, all the ones I've done were "liftless" (dammit, lol). The stock headers take under an hour to uninstall. I'm aware of the coolant overflow line as well. :\. Good luck with all that, kinda sucks, I've only been to TWS once...

Last edited by mig888; 06-01-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
The piece they probably ended up damaging is the plastic NPT fitting on the side closest to the engine block (exhaust side) - that SINGLE piece is about $7 to replace (but may have to be ordered from germany). There's one metallic clamp to unhook the entire enclosure, snip off less than an inch of the rubber tube, fit the new part in and snap into place. Should've been a 5 minute fix after getting the piece from MB.

Now if you're forced to buy the entire tube, that's more damage than necessary as I just don't see the reason why you would want to bend the overflow tank that much to get that header in there. I'd understand about my headers (they loop up and over more), but for the Kleemann headers...so much space to drop em in - what the hell would you really bother besides that one end closest to the block?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 PM

2004.5 MB C230 Kompressor
where is this place located? I went to a place in Huntington Beach that seemed really shaded and rude, I asked them about some Supersprint Headers and they told me $4000 installed, I said no I just want to order them and I am going to put them on, he looked at me like yeah right. Later on after I built my own header that was just as good a design an dyno'd just as good too I took it to the guy before I installed it on my car, He said how much did that Supersprint Header cost you... I laughed and told him I made it... I wonder if this shop is the same...

Dude I am truly sorry for your ordeal... It is very unprofessional. I believe in an owner to back up his employee's to an extent but that is not right
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 746 Likes on 727 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
sux to hear that...
i had my exhaust installed there... everything went fine except i waited half day for muffler to arrive...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 746 Likes on 727 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
TWS is in Walnut

Originally Posted by TXKompressor
where is this place located?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 PM

2003 C230K SS (6 spd)
Wow, sorry to hear about that,....... sounds like you had a long weekend.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:48 PM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by mig888
The piece they probably ended up damaging is the plastic NPT fitting on the side closest to the engine block (exhaust side) - that SINGLE piece is about $7 to replace (but may have to be ordered from germany). There's one metallic clamp to unhook the entire enclosure, snip off less than an inch of the rubber tube, fit the new part in and snap into place. Should've been a 5 minute fix after getting the piece from MB.

Now if you're forced to buy the entire tube, that's more damage than necessary as I just don't see the reason why you would want to bend the overflow tank that much to get that header in there. I'd understand about my headers (they loop up and over more), but for the Kleemann headers...so much space to drop em in - what the hell would you really bother besides that one end closest to the block?
Yes, your right. That connector piece is worth 5 bucks, $6.11 to be exact since i checked with Mercedes. But the other end was broken as well. So total damage was 65 dollars. TWS was to cheap to purchase the part and decided to fix it and altered (cutting and sawing) it in a way that can't be fix. Total damage was 381 dollars and some cent.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:50 PM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by MJ50
sux to hear that...
i had my exhaust installed there... everything went fine except i waited half day for muffler to arrive...
Waited 2 days for mine! Ordered Eisenmann, wouldn't fit... waited next day for Brabus (4-5 hours).
Old 06-01-2007, 02:52 PM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by mig888
Johnny, you couldv'e just had me install it for you - I've done 3 header installations and reinstallations (on M271s) and by far the Kleemann ones look the easiest. Come to think of it, all the ones I've done were "liftless" (dammit, lol). The stock headers take under an hour to uninstall. I'm aware of the coolant overflow line as well. :\. Good luck with all that, kinda sucks, I've only been to TWS once...
Ahah, matter of fact i did PMed you about headers installation. No respone. Headers took TWS about 4-5 hours, plus 2-3 more hours of toying with the coolant.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by BIGjohnny
Ahah, matter of fact i did PMed you about headers installation. No respone. Headers took TWS about 4-5 hours, plus 2-3 more hours of toying with the coolant.
Ah, there was a blackout period of nearly a month where I couldn't though, got me there. But if you just got these last week, you must've known I could still do it? Damn - I wish I could've helped you out.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by BIGjohnny
Yes, your right. That connector piece is worth 5 bucks, $6.11 to be exact since i checked with Mercedes. But the other end was broken as well. So total damage was 65 dollars. TWS was to cheap to purchase the part and decided to fix it and altered (cutting and sawing) it in a way that can't be fix. Total damage was 381 dollars and some cent.
The cutting and sawing ordeal is the most ludicrous thing i've heard though - then again, the damage was more extensive than that connector piece.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:51 PM

W210, W220, W203
Wow! I have been to TWS a couple of times, their old mechanic Pete did a good job on my current and previous cars. I remember there is a new mechanic called Albert, he does an okay job the last time I went there. Well good luck on resolving ur problem there!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by ronce
guys, come to eurorev! www.eurorev.com. will do better job..- no offence.. =P..i work there. Ive heard many of TWS.
+1 for Eurorev.

Robert (not me) was very good about my super late payment for KW V2's on ebay
Old 06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

c230 2005, Mods- Custom Muffs-Lorinser LM6- Tinted window-Smoked ligts- Carbon lip-Hnr Springs(Cut)-
Originally Posted by rlee02135
+1 for Eurorev.

Robert (not me) was very good about my super late payment for KW V2's on ebay
Oh! you are the buyer of the KW, I just packed it for shipping yesterday! I almost bought it..but I chose the hnr springs instead!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
" I don't care if my tech cuts your car in half, i will still back him up."

wow johnny, you should had punched this guy in the face bro. thats just stupid.

"My tech blew up your car, its not his fault, its your fault you had gasoline in your tank"
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 PM

c230k
+1 for Eurorev
Old 06-02-2007, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
ronce or anyone, got an address for Eurorev?I'd like to check them out. I thought someone said they're in Santa Monica? What do they specialize in?
It is hard to find a good reliable shop.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sucks to hear what happened Johnny. They screwed up then point the finger at the customer? What a ****ing joke!

Been running into a lot more places lately who are too cheap to fix a little problem so it doesn't turn into a bunch of lost customers. You would figure since they're so good at nickel and diming they'd realize that $65 would go a long ways towards the damage control of losing more customers.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:12 AM

mine: '01 C240 w/heavy modifications dad's: '05 997 Carrera S
hey jonny,

wow im really surprised, and im glad i decided against TWS for my bumper install, and im going to ronnie's shop, Eurorev. So far they've impressed me way more than TWS ever did, at least proffessionally. In fact, I think imma have them take a look at my muffler instal job that TWS did the same day they did urs to make sure its...um...not F-ed up, for lack of a better term.

Ill really know next week whether eurorev is to be recommended, but so far they seem really professional and like they know what they are doing.

He's never done anything particular to me, but i guess Sander can just be a dick if you are gunna cost him money that he rightfully owes. Im changing shops out of solidarity man! on sheer PRINCIPLE i wont go back to TWS...(also its like 2hrs away and eurorev is closer).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop