C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beware of The Wheel Supply, TWS... The Worse Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine: '01 C240 w/heavy modifications dad's: '05 997 Carrera S
im not saying that everything they d is bad, but i have had some experiences where it seemed like if something wasnt right (i.e. my CF hood install) that they were very hesitant to fix it, much less to fix it right.

the reason im switching shops is more because now i dont trust them to fix it right if something goes wrong. they do good work, but there is always the 'what if?'. personally I need to trust someone i hand my car to that they will fix something if it goes wrong, because I know mistakes get make, things happen, etc. we are all human, which is wy trust is one of the biggest parts of a good shop...now ill have a nagging suspicion and I cant deal with that.

the prices at TWS are also always very good, for anyone looking.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by BIGjohnny
Yes, i was there. He was indeed very helpful. But keep in mind, personality changes when one problem cost 5 dollars to fix (i believe they used spacers correct?) while another problem cost 381 dollars to fix.

Anywho, thanks Drex for your kind opinion rather than trying to defend just one particular party. This is why you have many respects from people on this forum

I too agree with you, for other members to give TWS a try. One bad experience should not drive other customers away, we all make mistakes.
all good. i know what you are saying

i got something done today that I was telling you about...show you later, might have a sneak peak thread, but won't have full pic till later next week.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by sim_benz
im not saying that everything they d is bad, but i have had some experiences where it seemed like if something wasnt right (i.e. my CF hood install) that they were very hesitant to fix it, much less to fix it right.

the reason im switching shops is more because now i dont trust them to fix it right if something goes wrong. they do good work, but there is always the 'what if?'. personally I need to trust someone i hand my car to that they will fix something if it goes wrong, because I know mistakes get make, things happen, etc. we are all human, which is wy trust is one of the biggest parts of a good shop...now ill have a nagging suspicion and I cant deal with that.

the prices at TWS are also always very good, for anyone looking.
trust me I nag all the time and takes multiple trips etc to get some stuff done right or the way I want, but hey that's modding.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by NA55
Recording a conversation is 100% legal as long as one party involved in the conversation knows that it is being recorded....
are you talking "being" recorded or "recording" someone? i.e. you mean it's legal as long as the person that's doing the recording knows? or someone being recorded knows?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by NA55
Recording a conversation is 100% legal as long as one party involved in the conversation knows that it is being recorded....
unless you've posting this tongue-in-cheek, you know that this is totally bogus, right?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
While we emphasize with your problem, it is better for you to work out your problem with the guys at TWS privately and personally instead of vilifying them on a public forum. In your particular situation, it turned out to be negative, but many have had positive experiences with them. As others have said, we all make mistakes. The only shop I would not trust at all is HPS. I can name a few people who can substantiate this fact. So before you pull the trigger and start posting threads titled "Beware of....the worse shop," think about it for a second. I think it's wrong and slanderous to say TWS is the worst shop just from one particular situation. I think TWS should be given the benefit of the doubt, and they should be allowed to defend themselves before others accuse them of running a shady shop.

The part that broke is cheap. Why fork it to the dealer when you know they will charge you an arm and a leg, and then complain about how expensive the bill was? I know for a fact that dealers charge way more for labor than privately owned shops.

In regards to recording phone conversations, I think both parties must know they are being recorded. Otherwise it's not legal. If Sander and/or Albert did not know they were being recorded, there might be some legal issues with that.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Originally Posted by stlee
hmm, i went to TWS for a couple things....now i guess i'll have to second guess my decision to go there from now on...

worst case scenario...something gets messed up during the install and i'll have the fact in the back of my mind that they won't take PROPER steps to CORRECT the problem....

Even though its a fact that people get ANGRY and improper things get said out of frustraton,that doesn't mean the problem shouldn't be "fixed" the right way...that's the bottom line for me when deciding who I want to trust with my car.....
Did you just skip the last 5-6 posts regarding exactly what you said?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:45 PM

2007 E550 Sport
Originally Posted by FrankW
are you talking "being" recorded or "recording" someone? i.e. you mean it's legal as long as the person that's doing the recording knows? or someone being recorded knows?
Consent means authorization by only one participant in the call; single-party consent is provided for by specific statutory exemption under federal law. 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2511(2)(d).

Originally Posted by raymond g-
unless you've posting this tongue-in-cheek, you know that this is totally bogus, right?
Look it up yourself...

Last edited by NA55; 06-03-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Cappa26
Did you just skip the last 5-6 posts regarding exactly what you said?

nope...i didnt see anyone posting on my behalf and about what MY opinion about this situation is....
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by pshek
While we emphasize with your problem, it is better for you to work out your problem with the guys at TWS privately and personally instead of vilifying them on a public forum. In your particular situation, it turned out to be negative, but many have had positive experiences with them. As others have said, we all make mistakes. The only shop I would not trust at all is HPS. I can name a few people who can substantiate this fact. So before you pull the trigger and start posting threads titled "Beware of....the worse shop," think about it for a second. I think it's wrong and slanderous to say TWS is the worst shop just from one particular situation. I think TWS should be given the benefit of the doubt, and they should be allowed to defend themselves before others accuse them of running a shady shop.

The part that broke is cheap. Why fork it to the dealer when you know they will charge you an arm and a leg, and then complain about how expensive the bill was? I know for a fact that dealers charge way more for labor than privately owned shops.

In regards to recording phone conversations, I think both parties must know they are being recorded. Otherwise it's not legal. If Sander and/or Albert did not know they were being recorded, there might be some legal issues with that.
Both parties agreed to have a local Mercedes Dealership to inspect the damages. Once Mercedes announced the damages to TWS, TWS decided to refund the installation money, i end up paying more due to the damages. TWS decided not to deal with my car any longer.

Again, i did not state to anyone to not shop at TWS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i think it's the right thing to let everyone know what i've experienced. I've had successful visit before at TWS, but my last visit was hell.

Regarding to the phone conversation, there was no recording on the phone. Recording was done at the scene and pictures were taken. Will only use the evidence if this entire situation was taken to court.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:27 AM

/////AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
all good. i know what you are saying

i got something done today that I was telling you about...show you later, might have a sneak peak thread, but won't have full pic till later next week.
Let me guess, another set of wheels?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
wow that sucks... I've always had good experiences at TWS... but that is shady and unprofessional if they treated you like that... thats just uncalled for...
Old 06-06-2007, 01:38 AM

c240
take them to small claims court
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A box on 4 wheels
Originally Posted by elchinocache
take them to small claims court
For the remaining $80.00?
Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

c230 2005, Mods- Custom Muffs-Lorinser LM6- Tinted window-Smoked ligts- Carbon lip-Hnr Springs(Cut)-
does anyone know where could I get used HOOD? CF OR STOCK--- in desperate need =(
Old 06-06-2007, 03:53 AM

I've been going to TWS for some years now and have noticed that their customer service has been less than satisfactory for a while now. It seems as if Sander doesn't care about the business anymore. I've loved Pete and the work he did on my car, but cannot stand Albert and his attitude. He disrespects customers vehicles and has a "I don't give a rat's ***" attitude to customers feelings/wishes. Sander has made numerous mistakes in the past, ie. ordering incorrect parts and not correcting them, lying about when shipments will come, and not refunding money on returned items. Over the years I've learned to do my own work rather than rely on TWS, but there are still some goods I need ordered through them. I've been speaking to several friends who have also been loyal to TWS who have had similar bad experiences. It seems like their business has been going down the drain for the past few years and that they just don't care anymore. The last time I was there they told me my car would be on the lift in 15 minutes and I waited over 3 hours for them to even move my car to the back. At this point it seems like it's not worth the savings anymore.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:42 AM

2005 BMW X5 Black/Black, Premium, Sports, Navigation, Rear Climate, Xenon
Hi everyone, I bought my wheels and tires from TWS back in 2004. There was an issue with one of the wheels and tires and they replaced it right away for me. Most people I dealt with there were very helpful and customer service oriented. There are always two sides of the story and this may have been a one of case where they f*** ed up. Doesn't necessarily mean the place is bad... users have been recommending TWS on this board for years.