C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

c240 projector hid help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240 projector hid help!!

I order a set of projector headlights with hid thats plug and play from ebay. I installed the headlights and everything works but the projectors. The cluster reads an error that says check low R/L. I brought it in to the dealership so they can program it and found out they could not do it. I told them that the EIS had to be program because the watts change and they told me that my sim is not changeable. So what do i do next???

Last edited by smokedis; 06-12-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Which move point A to point B.
sell it and get the bi-xenon! less hassle!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM

i would but if i cant get these to work how would the bi- xenon work?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't be fooled into believing that, the bi-xenons wouldn't work either. You need to get the xenon=present setting set by the dealer. Search the forum, you are not the first to try to put in HID lights without searching the forum first.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Don't be fooled into believing that, the bi-xenons wouldn't work either. You need to get the xenon=present setting set by the dealer. Search the forum, you are not the first to try to put in HID lights without searching the forum first.
+1

In order to make these lights work on a 203 that currently has halogen
headlights you will have to get the EIS versioncoded to xenon = present
by the MB dealership (don't ask me how much! coz i also don't know!) also if you are with halogen headlights it won't supports the auto leveling.

P.S i want to know how much it gonna cost me to do xenon=present setting from dealer? i live in vancouver!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 AM

okey i think i got a problem! i just bought the euro bi-x from jerry!
and i was reading all the thread about bi-x and in one thread someone said that bi-x must have headlight washer! and i notice that my car's front bumper has no headlight washer!
in that case do i need to buy a new bumper or something?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand
Go to any local shop that does MBs.They'll do it for cheap I think. I live in Toronto and a local shop just programmed mine for 20 CAD.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
set xenon to present
or get hid kit that won't throw error msg...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E53
u will have less restrictions on what u want to use after.."xenon present"
Old 06-13-2007, 02:29 PM

non-MB
Originally Posted by crazyfox
okey i think i got a problem! i just bought the euro bi-x from jerry!
and i was reading all the thread about bi-x and in one thread someone said that bi-x must have headlight washer! and i notice that my car's front bumper has no headlight washer!
in that case do i need to buy a new bumper or something?
no, those who have the washers don't even use them. causes more of a mess.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:53 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Call around to find a Benz dealer in your area who will do the xenon=present change for you. The dealer will use a program called StarDiagnostics to make the change.

The first dealer you talked to is incorrect. It is a setting that can be changed. Most dealers don't know since it is not a normal service they do. My dealer thought that the change could not be made, until I proved them wrong. If you search the forum, someone posted detailed instructions with screen shots of which screens in StarDiagnostics need to be used. I took these screenshots to the dealer, and they made the change for me.

Last edited by XenonBenz; 06-13-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:13 PM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by gregr09
no, those who have the washers don't even use them. causes more of a mess.
those things suck ! dont use mine ever either.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:11 PM

will i did my search and thats why i took it to the dealership to change the settings. And they told me my model do not have any options to set it to xenon. I have a 02 c240. When i got it home yesterday i was kind of **** because they could not change the EIS and made my pay $45 dollars. I mess around with the wires to the hid bulb and found out it was connected wrong. I switch it around and got it to work. Ill post up pics soon. thanks for the help
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM

i just picked up bi-xenons (thanks to amg_jerry or jerry_amg! whatever!) from FedEx. as soon as i got those big eyes in my hand i went to MB dealer from richmond auto mall. and ask them that they can do the change or not!

they said like "we didn't do for any after market!" i was like "that isn't after market, it's the oem one from euro".

and they told me that "no it's after market, coz you bought it after your car. so it's aftermarket and we didn't change and it can't be change, even if can you are on your own. and you are not the only one person that came and ask, those things have a lot of error for your car computer bla bla bla ...... "

i was like "okey .......... whatever!" and left from that dealer! they knew ****s about MB! even our mbworld member knew whole a lot more about MB than that they knew! i can't believe how the hell did they get their position at MB dealer! oh i still remember that guy name. he is chinese and name is C.C Chan! duh!

and another story is (same dealer at the same time while i was waiting for someone to ask about my bi-x)! i purchased the key ring for my car. and that dude asked me that "that's all for today?". and i said "nope, did you guys sell the flat hood emblems and 05 sport grill?" he was like "no we don't have those flat hood emblems and those are aftermarket (again!) and i would not recommend you to do that bla bla bla ...... and for the grill pls bring the VIN number."

aww huge disappointed! and they are MB dealer? give me a break!

gotta fine the another dealer again! what a day!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Turn the headlight washer nozzels 180, and use them to put wikiwiki on slow moving foot traffic in front of you.

The factory publishes instructions to retrofit many items on a W203, including:

BiXenon lamps

Folding Mirrors

AMG exhaust

Audio jack for walkman

Satellite Radio

COMAND Navigation

None of these are aftermarket, but rather genuine Mercedes parts. Ask Mr. C C Chan to read his dealer agreement and furnish the service mandated or take down the STAR sign and send it back.

Last edited by Moviela; 06-13-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moviela
Turn the headlight washer nozzels 180, and use them to put wikiwiki on slow moving foot traffic in front of you.
lol the front car will be like "WTF he just pissed on me!"
Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Moviela

The factory publishes instructions to retrofit many items on a W203, including:

BiXenon lamps

Folding Mirrors

AMG exhaust

Audio jack for walkman

Satellite Radio

COMAND Navigation

None of these are aftermarket, but rather genuine Mercedes parts. Ask Mr. C C Chan to read his dealer agreement and furnish the service mandated or take down the STAR sign and send it back.
Where can I get copies of these instructions?

I asked my new service advisor about installing bi-xenon and he looked into it and called back yesterday and said that the service manager and foreman said that the dealership was not permitted to do it. He acknowledged that it is possible and said that I could do it on my own, they are just not allowed. I looked into this on my own and found that the reason that the dealerships are not able to install bi-xenons is because in the US, DOT regulations state that HID headlights must have both a washing system and an auto leveling system. Since those two items cannot be retrofitted, they are not permitted to install bi-xenons for customers whose cars did not come with them from the factory. Rest assured, they are completely compatible with your car and they can be installed and used safely as long as xenon is set to present in your car's computer.

I just want to know from people who have installed bi-xenons, have you had any warranty trouble with the dealership. My service advisor said that it would not void the warranty, but that if in the future I have electrical problems and they determine that the non-factory headlamps are the cause, they are not required to fix it under warranty. I can live with that, as long as you all think they won't be like "we can't fix your broken power seat because your headlights caused it." I will not stand for that BS.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600
"we can't fix your broken power seat because your headlights caused it." I will not stand for that BS.

+1
Old 06-14-2007, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by XenonBenz
If you search the forum, someone posted detailed instructions with screen shots of which screens in StarDiagnostics need to be used. I took these screenshots to the dealer, and they made the change for me.
you still have that instructions? in this mbworld.org forum?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I heard more BS today from my service advisor. He told me once again to be careful because this "can cause a lot of problems if I choose to install the lights." I told him that is not true, they do this in Europe at the dealership because there aren't these regs, and plenty of people do it here with success.

I HATE IGNORANT SERVICE PEOPLE!.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600
I HATE IGNORANT SERVICE PEOPLE!.
+1

today i went to another dealer again (NEVER GIVE UP!). and i was talking to the guy about the bi-x. he has no idea about bi-x and keep repeating "no it can't." "can't install" "more problems" "bla bla bla ..." and there were another guy beside of his desk his name is Jay (thanks to him). he told to the person who i spoke with about how to re-program and stuffs. after that, he was like "oh really? i see of coz i knew about that, i am just wondering that if we can do the same thing to the euro bi-x."

sick of them! tired of them! how could they be MB dealer services adviser?

and thanks to jay (north shore MB dealer), i have reached to the end of my xenon=present hunting! it gonna be done soon hopefully in this week!