C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Silverstar Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c300 4matic
So you dont have to take off the whole bumper to change lights? or just the turn sig. ?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM

non-MB
Correct.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by phranksmbz
So you dont have to take off the whole bumper to change lights? or just the turn sig. ?
headlamp bulbs are accessed from the back... no need to remove bumper...
Old 07-17-2007, 01:53 PM

non-MB
why not show you with some pictures?
It's really easy and probably unnecessary to take pictures, but I have a lot free time now that summer classes are over.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
You claim you already have the Bi-Xenon's, but have not installed yet. If this is the case, NONE of your questions make sense. Why would you ask if the bumper needs to be taken off to change the turn signal lights? If you already have the Bi-Xenon uninstalled in your possession, there is no way you would need to ask how to change the turn signal bulb.

Somehow I am starting to get the feeling that you don't have the Bi-Xenon's in your possession.

Last edited by XenonBenz; 07-17-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 PM

09 c300 4matic
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
You claim you already have the Bi-Xenon's, but have not installed yet. If this is the case, NONE of your questions make sense. Why would you ask if the bumper needs to be taken off to change the turn signal lights? If you already have the Bi-Xenon uninstalled in your possession, there is no way you would need to ask how to change the turn signal bulb.

Somehow I am starting to get the feeling that you don't have the Bi-Xenon's in your possession.
Ok detective XenonBenz ....

your right they're not in my possession, already paid for and will be shipped out next week, i won a bid heres the link of me talking about them:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200065

So in what way does it make sense to ask these questions?

1. For those who dont know how to install them.
2. For my future reference. (replacing)

These questions have probably been answered and will continue to come up again in the future....

but now they can find all the answers here about silverstar/stealth bulbs and thanks to gregr09 even pictures on how to switch them out.

So thanks again for everyone who dropped their 2 cents to help me and maybe even 1 of the 300+ viewers on this topic.

Why do you even care? and whats your point?

Now can you please loosen up these handcuffs

Last edited by phranksmbz; 07-17-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Ok detective XenonBenz ....

your right they're not in my possession, already paid for and will be shipped out next week, i won a bid heres the link of me talking about them:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200065

So in what way does it make sense to ask these questions?

1. For those who dont know how to install them.
2. For my future reference. (replacing)

These questions have probably been answered and will continue to come up again in the future....

but now they can find all the answers here about silverstar/stealth bulbs and thanks to gregr09 even pictures on how to switch them out.

So thanks again for everyone who dropped their 2 cents to help me and maybe even 1 of the 300+ viewers on this topic.

Why do you even care? and whats your point?

Now can you please loosen up these handcuffs
Sorry man, not trying to bust your *****. Now that you said they are on order but not received, your questions makes sense (your signature said you had them in your possession, just not installed). From my perspective, I answered your question (and others) by telling you to check the bulb in your actual headlight. You followed up with more questions, so given the fact you said you already had the headlight, I hope you can understand my frustration with posting 3 answers to the thread, and still didn't seem to be understood.

And to clarify again, because some of the answers are not 100% correct...

The bulbs can be 1156, 7507 or 2357. While most cars are 7507, there are variances, with my OEM Bi-Xenon's being one of them. Also, the front turn signal sockets are interchangable between OEM halogen, OEM Bi-Xenon, and Depo's. I already had Silverstars on my OEM halogen (7507), and I just took the whole 7507 socket over to my OEM Bi-Xenon. My OEM US Spec Bi-Xenon's came with 1156 bulbs.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:27 PM

09 c300 4matic
Ok let me know if this picture does any justice ......

say you can't tell by looking at the pic above...

If im correct, xenon says that i can swap out my turn signal socket holder thingy that hold the bulb from my org. xenon (frosted) headlamps .... they should fit with no prob. right (the swap)? this way i can just go look at what size the bulb is on my org. headlights and order them today??

im rushing this because i get my lights either on wed. or thurs and i want to put them in along with my new lowbeam bulbs.

Im looking at the picture i posted and this one that greg posted:

his is black and mine is grey, does that help determine whats 1156/7507?
Old 07-22-2007, 04:10 PM

non-MB
dude, you are making something so simple really complicated.
just take out your stock bulbs and look at these pictures to determine your number.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 PM

09 c300 4matic
sorry for making things complicated ....your talking to a guy who has done nothing more than maybe changed a tire on a car before.

So thats why i reach out to the professionals ... like your self

to me those 2 pictures have the exact same dimensions?

Its raining pretty hard right now and i dont have a garage so .... all your saying is i have to look and what i said in the previous post isnt right?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:39 PM

non-MB
sorry for making things complicated ....your talking to a guy who has done nothing more than maybe changed a tire on a car before.

So thats why i reach out to the professionals ... like your self

to me those 2 pictures have the exact same dimensions?

Its raining pretty hard right now and i dont have a garage so .... all your saying is i have to look and what i said in the previous post isnt right?
It's no problem. We were all new at some point. I am FAR from being a professional. Look at those two pictures and notice how the "contacts" are arranged. One picture has them 180 degrees apart and the other is about 130-40.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
K1 Motor Sports carries a really good bulb for cheap.
http://www.k1motorsport.com/mb/lighting.htm
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 PM

09 c300 4matic
Originally Posted by 14cue
K1 Motor Sports carries a really good bulb for cheap.
http://www.k1motorsport.com/mb/lighting.htm
thanks for the reference.

it stoped raining hard so i went out and took the bulb out from my stock 2001 frosted headlights and from looking at it, it looks to be 1156

doesnt help because i dont get my new lights till later this week, ill just have to find out then what those are.

I was trying to have this all done by thursday but oh well. Thanks for showing me how to change them out and the difference between the bulbs.