C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2007 C230 Bluetooth module upgrade anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by jbondox
the navtv piece is just the phone kit... no iPod, no frills... a phone interface that works with a lot of phones... it does BT streaming but it is using the phone
Just to add to this (as im sure you already know jbondox) - streaming audio over the phone audio input sounds terrible for music.
I have the stock bluetooth phone kit installed (followed the instructions on EPC net) and I can tell you from experience, can't listen to music that way.

Works great for recorded lectures on my iPhone though!

If money really isn't a concern for you - GET THE MB KIT! And then if you happen to have an iphone 3g, just get the bluetooth iphone dock with the ipod kit. If you don't wait to wait for a cheap unit, there is a pretty trustworthy ebay seller who has tons of MB phone kits for sale around $800 for everything.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
yep... the mobridge piece actually does a great job simulating the factory uses one of the disc menus for stereo Bluetooth and sounds really good.

in fact I just did one not to long ago and was floored by the way it sounded when compared to plugging in the iphone 3gs compared with streaming the music... identical

A2DP is accessed via disc 6, which will be in stereo, phone itself is mono
Old 12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
just trade the vehicle in for a new C350 with Multi media

problem solved
Old 12-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes C230 Sport
I went ahead with the mObridge. Honestly, it was an ordeal to get the phone paired with it, and the manual looks like it was written for a radio that in no way resembles mine, so I don't get the track listings and other text its talking about.

However, once all that was out of the way, the thing is great. I need to have a dealer make the code change in Star Diagnostic to turn on the steering controls for the phone, but the A2DP sounds fantastic, and the phone seems to work really well through it. Apparently the bypass switch for the CD changer doesn't work, so I pretty much lost that, but I probably would never use it anyway.

It only took them a couple hours to install too, so I was able to just walk away, grab something to eat, and come back for it. If I had the space and tools to work on a car, this would have been stupidly easy, except maybe wiring up the mic, but the labor charge was only like a hundred bucks, so no worries.

Still wondering exactly what the AVRCP connection via bluetooth is for, since the track button just works the virtual changer, and the pause button doesn't pause anything on my phone (Latest version of Pandora on the blackberry does explicitly state it supports AVRCP), but that's not a huge deal. Would be nice if anyone can shed light on it though. I just hit the CDC button, then hit play on my phone, and I'm good to go, and like I said, it sounds great. No more ghetto tape-adapter like in my Audi.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
glad to hear you got it done... my head hurts today.. so no thinking...