C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Damn...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Damn...

My coupe got hit yesterday. I received a notice from Millennium MB in Bridgewater, NJ that they had several customers interested in my model, color and specific year. So I went up to talk to them. While walking out with the used car manager and general manager, an older man in a brand new E-class backed into my car.

My front bumper took the shot. The impact cracked the plastic from the headlight washer up to the headlight, buckled the area below the impact strip, chipped off and cracked a lot of paint, broke the front plate bracket, bent the plate/chrome plate frame, scratched the paint off all around it and busted off the right side of the Brabus lip. So much for the interested buyers....

He just took delivery of his E350...and his car only got a scratch from the plate frame.

Anyone know where I can get a good price on an AMG bumper for a C230 Coupe?

Last edited by Rick; 08-26-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C350 6M
Originally Posted by Rick
My coupe got hit yesterday. I received a notice from Millennium MB in Bridgewater, NJ that they had several customers interested in my model, color and specific year. So I went up to talk to them. While walking out with the used car manager and general manager, an older man in a brand new E-class backed into my car.

My front bumper took the shot. The impact cracked the plastic from the headlight washer up to the headlight, buckled the area below the impact strip, chipped off and cracked a lot of paint, broke the front plate bracket, bent the plate/chrome plate frame, scratched the paint off all around it and busted off the right side of the Brabus lip. So much for the interested buyers....

He just took delivery of his E350...and his car only got a scratch from the plate frame.

Anyone know where I can get a good price on an AMG bumper for a C230 Coupe?

Yeah, The E-350 driver's insurance company.

Sorry to hear!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
I smell Lorinser!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch, you have to stay away from the geriatric ward (MB dealer). Them blue hairs will get you everytime.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hm...
My Insurance co says it's clearly his fault and I'm only responsible for the deductable (unless I sue)...His insurance claims he has not transfered the insurance (yet) AND say NJ is a "no fault" state, so they are not liable for anything.
Guess it's time to call my pitbull....oops, lawyer.
So, if I sue...I think I'm going for the throat. New AMG bumper (not liking the lorizer), bix, update fogs, repaint the entire car to make sure the paint matches, etc. etc. etc
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts
Had: 1987 300TD, Had: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, Have: 2014 E350 Sport, Have: 2019 S450
hm...
My Insurance co says it's clearly his fault and I'm only responsible for the deductable (unless I sue)...His insurance claims he has not transfered the insurance (yet) AND say NJ is a "no fault" state, so they are not liable for anything.
Guess it's time to call my pitbull....oops, lawyer.
So, if I sue...I think I'm going for the throat. New AMG bumper (not liking the lorizer), bix, update fogs, repaint the entire car to make sure the paint matches, etc. etc. etc
You only pay the deductable if it's your fault. If it's his fault, his insurance pays 100%. If he was driving off the lot, then the dealer confirmed his insurance, and he typically has 7-14 days to notify the insurance company that he's purchased a new car. In the interim, his coverage on the old car applies to the new.

An attorney can surely settle it, but your insurance agent should be able to explain the applicable coverage under your state's laws.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
if you're not at fault, you shouldn't have to pay a deductible

also, I believe your insurance company should be the one suing the other driver.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM

2006 C55 AMG, 2.8L Quattro, Softail Nostalgia 1550 (Stage III), Sporster (slammed)
+1 on the dealer confirms insurance. They won't let you drive it off the lot without insurance unless you pay cash. For the exact reason described above.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by Drop-a-Daimler
+1 on the dealer confirms insurance. They won't let you drive it off the lot without insurance unless you pay cash. For the exact reason described above.
not sure about NJ, but even if you do pay cash, most of the states I live in require all motorists to have some form of collision insurance to drive on public roads.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:33 AM

'02 C240
Not having been in an accident or had any traffic violations myself (touch wood) but I was wondering if 'suing' (I hate that word) or asking the other party for the loss in future insurance discount was possible/common place?

I mean, next time you get you renewal quote or a new insurance quote and you have to declare this accident even though you're not at fault, if it cost more than a certain amount (I think $750) many insurance companies increase the premium. Also this is declareable for 3 years or more depending on the insurance company. You may want to consider that in your decision on reaching a settlement.

The law is all about making you 'whole' and not giving you more or less than you deserve, and if you're able to argue, ie with a letter from your insurance company, that your premium will be affected by this accident or even go down but not as much as it would have if you hadn't had this accident on your history then i'm sure you'd be able to claim something for that and deservedly so IMO
Old 08-29-2007, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In NJ, Insurance laws are 100% "no fault" unless the car is parked (mine was). The "gentleman" that hit my car has still not registered his new car with his insurance company (according to the woman I spoke with at my insurance co.).

My losses at this stage are the following: The trade-in/resale value of the car is currently diminished because of the damage, there will be down time while the car is repaired, it looks like crap and my girlfriend (and her kid) already said so, the dealer that was going to offer "top dollar" is no longer interested....and then there's the insurance....

If I file a claim with my insurer, they will cover the costs of repairing my car and go after his insurance for the deductable. Further insult...I get hit with three points for three years and my rates will be affected as such. If I file through his insurer, then they will cover all but my deductable as required by law, but I get no points and no increase, which may be the better route.

Finally, a lawyer friend has sent him a registered letter requesting that he reimburse me for the full repair costs without involving insurance. In each of our interests, this would probably work out best. But the looming threat of a lawsuit to recover all costs plus damages and car rental were mentioned to "inspire" the other driver to respond. Should he fail to do so, then we'll go to litigation or at the very least mediation.

While sympathies and opinions are generally appreciated, I should mention that my original inspiration to post here was not to whine or collect negative and impulsive "corrections"....but to pose a single, simple question:

Does anyone know where I can get a good price on an AMG bumper for a C230 Coupe?

Last edited by Rick; 08-30-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:00 AM

02 C230 Coupe
Sorry, I cannot answer your question...but where did you buy your AMG Spoiler? lol
Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
..... I received a notice from Millennium MB in Bridgewater, NJ that they had several customers interested in my model, color and specific year. .......Anyone know where I can get a good price on an AMG bumper for a C230 Coupe?
Common ploy by dealers to get you to come in so they can sell you into a trade up. No.