C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Well, its over, the engine blew up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 10:56 PM
Bos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
i like the M coupe oddly enough. But I need more space if I get another car.
The M Coupe is a great car, but good luck trying to find one. They're very hard to come by... somewhat coveted since they’re not being made anymore.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:58 PM
Bos

2002 C230K
is there a back seat in the M coupe?

I'm hauling around so much band equipment nots is not even funny.
No back seat, but there's some hatch area.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally posted by Bos
The M Coupe is a great car, but good luck trying to find one. They're very hard to come by... somewhat coveted since they’re not being made anymore.
what are your thoughts of the new Z4. ive heard mixed reviews from bimmer enthusiests.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
I saw one in atlanta last week. They look way better in person than they did in pictures
Old 10-26-2002, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by Bos
No back seat, but there's some hatch area.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is there a back seat in the M coupe?

I'm hauling around so much band equipment nots is not even funny.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hatch??? SoCal240, here's one more for you! "M Hatchback"!
Old 10-26-2002, 02:13 AM
Doc

C320
Cool

I had my B service last month and I thought something was different when I got my car back. Acceleration was better but the engine was louder. Sounded like marbles were rolling around in the engine.

Well, I went out to eat yesterday in a somewhat bad area and when I got out of my car a guy jumped out of the bushes with a gun and demanded my keys. Needless to say, I love my car but it’s only a car and I have insurance, so I handed him the keys and ran.

Well, he takes off like a bat out of hell and the next thing you know smoke starts pouring out of the front of the car and I hear a boom. Sounded just like a blown engine.

Then, the car jacker leaves the car in the middle of the street and takes off running. Next I hear a truck blowing its horn and you wont believe this, this 18-wheeler smashes into the back of my car.

My car is pushed into a shopping center and luckily no bystanders are hurt. Well I can here police sirens in the background and then I realize I have an illegal hidden handgun under the front seat. So I run to the car and quietly take the glock 45 out and hide it before the police get to the accident site.
My car is all smashed up and I have it towed to my Mercedes dealer.

Well, my Mercedes dealer is the greatest. Get this, the service manager confesses to me that the tech who performed the B Service on my car was a trainee and that the engine seized because a marijuana metal bowl was dropped into my manifold which then messed up the intake valves. That was why the engine blew.

Well life is bad but there is a happy ending. The insurance company of the truck that hit my car is coughing up 40K and my Mercedes dealer not wanting a suit on their hand is offering me a SL55 AMG for 40K. Additionally, the police just called me and the carjacker was found somewhere down in North Carolina and is being sent back here for trial.

life is good.

p.s. I also met a really cute girl at the dealer and I got her phone number.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:07 AM

jackass.

Yeah, I had to jump in.

That guy with 6 posts and the guy named doc are probably the same person; I am new here so I may be completely wrong, but I come from a golf forum (http://www.golfreview.com) that has been a madhouse from the beginning.

Anybody with a name like doc has to be a high school dropout, as we all know, here on the internet, imposters abound...

...We all can figure out quite quickly who is disguising as a different person by noting the writing styles and personality of the personas in question...

I am surprised that a mercedes forum can't figure out what is going on here, but then again, nothing surprises me. I am just a lurker here, but a loudmouth at my golf forum...

Just goes to prove that those with a touch of spending money don't have the brains, and those with brains, don't always have the spending money. Those with money, often cannot write, and those who write don't have money...

Screw all of you basturds.

I get my C230 in December. Never wanted it. Wife totaled the Acura integra and she wanted a hatchback...

I am just here to get some info on it.

tears,

spankdoggie

Last edited by spankdoggie; 10-26-2002 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:19 AM

screw it, the bast urds don't like my picture. I will figure it out next week or so...

But I do love all of you.

spankdoggie
Old 10-26-2002, 08:33 AM

2002 c230k
Where do unsealed ball bearings come from in a MB? Wheel bearings are pin type not ball. Other than those, I can't think of any used on our cars. How did they get all the way up to the oil filler anyway? Well, just thinking out loud....
Old 10-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Bos

2002 C230K
Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
what are your thoughts of the new Z4. ive heard mixed reviews from bimmer enthusiests.
I saw two on Thursday at the dealer… a 2.5i in light blue and a 3.0i in gray (like the one from bmwfiilms.com). I think it looks much better in person, but only in the grey. I didn’t care for the blue at all. The lines of the car take some getting used to and it’s kind of interesting how they visually change as you move around the car. It kind of looks like the body panels actually change shape. At one point the door panel looks curved in, but from a different angle it’s curved out, etc. I have to say I don’t like the wheels on either car, but having 18” shoes on the 3.0i looked really good. The interior looks pretty cool, but I’m not sure I like the 3 spoke wheel and the bolsters in the seats look a little lacking. I can’t say much more about the interior, since I didn’t get a chance to actually sit in the car.

I also didn’t get a chance to drive it (they only become available to drive today), so I can’t speak to the performance etc. I have heard that they handle really well and are pretty fun to drive. Having said all that, the sticker on the 2.5i was 42K (leather, 6sp, etc), and the 3.0i was 47k (leather, auto, etc). Given those numbers, if they come out with an M version it’s going to cost a pretty penny. So in other words… it would take quite a bit for me to consider trading in the roadster.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by Doc
I had my B service last month and I thought something was different when I got my car back. Acceleration was better but the engine was louder. Sounded like marbles were rolling around in the engine.

Well, I went out to eat yesterday in a somewhat bad area and when I got out of my car a guy jumped out of the bushes with a gun and demanded my keys. Needless to say, I love my car but it’s only a car and I have insurance, so I handed him the keys and ran.

Well, he takes off like a bat out of hell and the next thing you know smoke starts pouring out of the front of the car and I hear a boom. Sounded just like a blown engine.

Then, the car jacker leaves the car in the middle of the street and takes off running. Next I hear a truck blowing its horn and you wont believe this, this 18-wheeler smashes into the back of my car.

My car is pushed into a shopping center and luckily no bystanders are hurt. Well I can here police sirens in the background and then I realize I have an illegal hidden handgun under the front seat. So I run to the car and quietly take the glock 45 out and hide it before the police get to the accident site.

Well, my Mercedes dealer is the greatest. Get this, the service manager confesses to me that the tech who performed the B Service on my car was a trainee and that the engine seized because a marijuana metal bowl was dropped into my manifold which then messed up the intake valves. That was why the engine blew.

Well life is bad but there is a happy ending. The insurance company of the truck that hit my car is coughing up 40K and my Mercedes dealer not wanting a suit on their hand is offering me a SL55 AMG for 40K. Additionally, the police just called me and the carjacker was found somewhere down in North Carolina and is being sent back here for trial.

life is good.

WOW, what a story! and what a difference you are going from a C230 to an SL55! I want the same thing to happen to me!
Old 10-26-2002, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by Bos
Having said all that, the sticker on the 2.5i was 42K (leather, 6sp, etc), and the 3.0i was 47k (leather, auto, etc). Given those numbers, if they come out with an M version it’s going to cost a pretty penny. So in other words… it would take quite a bit for me to consider trading in the roadster.
I think the Z4 is dramatic design, and a vast improvement over the Z3...I liked the Z3, but the Z4 is sooooooo much more of a sensual shape....and since the Z8 came out, the Z3 looks too "cute"

Z4 rocks! I want one:p

Old 10-26-2002, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Originally posted by Doc

life is good.

Dude that sux! I'm so sorry to hear about all that stuff happening. I feel your pain. At least you're all right though. If I got a hold of that carjacker I'd go medieval on his @ss. I hope it works out with that gurl you met. Post pics!

:p
Old 10-26-2002, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by Doc

life is good.

you got it all wrong. You don't know me, never have, unless your another ****** that has like 3 screenames and posts from all of them. Which I wouldn't put past some people.

2nd. Do you have a benz? Would love to see pictures.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
here ya go people these are the reports for the repair of my car asfter the wreck with cummins atlantic. I blovked certain personal stuff but you getthe jist of it.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
another
Old 10-26-2002, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
last one I felt like taking a picture of and resizing.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230 Sports Coupe
ant the last onew that shows total damage done before they found the other stuff wrong with it. You can see the supplements at the bottom
Old 10-26-2002, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Re: jackass.

Originally posted by spankdoggie
Yeah, I had to jump in.

That guy with 6 posts and the guy named doc are probably the same person; I am new here so I may be completely wrong, but I come from a golf forum (http://www.golfreview.com) that has been a madhouse from the beginning.

Anybody with a name like doc has to be a high school dropout, as we all know, here on the internet, imposters abound...

...We all can figure out quite quickly who is disguising as a different person by noting the writing styles and personality of the personas in question...

I am surprised that a mercedes forum can't figure out what is going on here, but then again, nothing surprises me. I am just a lurker here, but a loudmouth at my golf forum...

Just goes to prove that those with a touch of spending money don't have the brains, and those with brains, don't always have the spending money. Those with money, often cannot write, and those who write don't have money...

Screw all of you basturds.

I get my C230 in December. Never wanted it. Wife totaled the Acura integra and she wanted a hatchback...

I am just here to get some info on it.

tears,

spankdoggie

i think your right, the only way to find them is by recognizing writing style etc. i dont think the mercedes forum can do much more than that. if its anything like vwvortex.com, then you are unable to have 2 handles under one email address. they would to create a new email with their ISP in order to create a new handle.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:49 PM
JeT

How do we know this spankdoggie guy isn't another alias? But I agree with the sentiment...the forum is already anonymous. Using a second alias is just gutless!
Old 10-26-2002, 03:17 PM

C230 K
spankdoggy!

Originally posted by spankdoggie
screw it, the bast urds don't like my picture. I will figure it out next week or so...

But I do love all of you.

spankdoggie
is this the same spankdouchie that hangs over on roadbikereview.com?

noooooooooooooo!

hehe just kiddin.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by vadim
Hatch??? SoCal240, here's one more for you! "M Hatchback"!
yeah SoCal i thought a Hatchback was downmarket?
dont forget what the U.S. thinks of Hatchbacks right? i guess the M Hatchback was to move the M cars downmarket!
Old 10-26-2002, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
A rose by any other name....

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
Well, here are some German terms:

Schrägheck: Hatchback
Stufenheck: Stepback (lit.) a.k.a. sedan

C sedan - C Class Stepback
C Sportcoupé - C Class Hatchback

...but the Germans do not refer to the C Sportcoupé as a Schrägheck. However, they DO refer to the C sedan as a Stufenheck.

Therefore I demand that Mr. C 240 Cabriolet's sig line be changed to C 240 Stepback, over 1 second slower to 60 MPH than a C Sportcoupé Schrägheck. My other car is a BMW Stepback too --sniff--
Old 10-26-2002, 05:34 PM

02 C320, Brilliant Silver
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
dont forget what the U.S. thinks of Hatchbacks right? i guess the M Hatchback was to move the M cars downmarket!
There's a difference though, M coupe used the same engine and suspension of M3 but the C coupe didn't use c32 engine or suspension.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by HigHal320
There's a difference though, M coupe used the same engine and suspension of M3 but the C coupe didn't use c32 engine or suspension.
Is this supposed to make the M less of a hatchback?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, its over, the engine blew up!