C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My car got keyed :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
Angry My car got keyed :(

For those of you that i don't see on the other side

Only a week after my car has been out of the shop (for rock chips), some idiot keys me car today. Thankfuly, it's only a door and not the newly painted area. I always park in the back and toward the side so no car doors can hit me. I guess I have really bad luck with my car. Stuff like this always happens to those who care about cars the most : I filed a police complaint and we'll see what happens. (probably nothing). I'll have to talk to insurance to get the car painted again. The scratch looks pretty deep to me but here are some pics.

The scratch looks a lot worse in real life. God damn, i'm so pissed right now. It happened at school and I don't know who did it.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper
Wow that scratch looks pretty aggressive. Sorry to hear that...nice sandals btw.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by kompressorc230
Wow that scratch looks pretty aggressive. Sorry to hear that...nice sandals btw.
haha, those are my moms. I just wore hers to run outside and take pics. I just realized that i'm in the reflection of the picture haha. I look wierd cuz of the curved door haha
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
wow thats a deep one, sorry to hear that man
Old 10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
That sucks ***** man. I'd be so pissed.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
is either someone is jealous or someone got some bad parking skill...

that time this b!tch truely pisses me off and i really wanna leak out her front tires air!!!

well, mostly in your case some kids in your school is jealous of you driving a benz

is it college or high school btw??
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
is either someone is jealous or someone got some bad parking skill...

that time this b!tch truely pisses me off and i really wanna leak out her front tires air!!!

well, mostly in your case some kids in your school is jealous of you driving a benz

is it college or high school btw??
I'm a senior in high school so no college yet. I don't think it was parking skill. I park right next to the fire lane thing which is empty and i make sure no ones door can hit my car. I think someone was jealous, but it's not like I flaunt about my car. When people ask me what I drive i say, black sedan or something. haha your picture is funny
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Almost a Member!

C32 ///AMG
that picture is my worst nightmare everytime I park in a garage
Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Hiya Shake! High School can be stressful enough without this malcious vandalism. I am sorry you are a victim of people with such small minds.

It is good you made a police report, but they are probably too busy polishing their radar gun to worry about your property damage. Please report it to the school district adminstration. The school is responsible for the conduct of students from portal to portal, in other words from when they leave their house until they return to their house. The school should provide protection for student's vehicles while in class. My sons school has a city cop in the lot during going home time, and there is video as well.

You might consider a backup camera on the rear license frame with a time-lapse recorder in the trunk. It will at least show who was near your car, and that could lead to prosecution of the culprits.

Brabus X2, I have that parking situation all the time in Hong Kong car parks. The solution is the wagon. I have more than once popped the rear door, crawled over the seats and hit the road!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Jealous punks... just wait till they see the neons!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 AM

a w203 cÖuper
Yeah High School is a b*tch especially when alot of people hate when you have a ride. My friend's car rear window just got shattered like a week ago in the school lot. And it feels so good knowing i graduated already...

*You sure its your moms??? ...jk
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
thats f'd up
Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 AM

2007 C350 6M
That gives me the creeps.. It seems regardless of where you park, these things always seem to happen. I Know if I park a clear mile from a mall/restaurant, with 150,000 available spaces between the building and the car, without a doubt there will be a car parked right next to me when I come out..

So I bought a GMC Jimmy to drive everyday that already had a dozen door dings...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by blown93lx
That gives me the creeps.. It seems regardless of where you park, these things always seem to happen. I Know if I park a clear mile from a mall/restaurant, with 150,000 available spaces between the building and the car, without a doubt there will be a car parked right next to me when I come out..

So I bought a GMC Jimmy to drive everyday that already had a dozen door dings...
ya true.... the first day i brought my car up to college last year i parked my car all the way far down with no cars next to me, i come outside and theres a shopping car chilling by the same door panel as your car that got keyed. Now there are 2 long dings down the door. It's obvious when your looking at it from an angle.... i was so pissed and school didnt even start yet. Thats one thing about college/school i dont miss the immature crap. Now i'm at work and i park next to my co-workers 335i coupe and we both know we wont ding or scratch each others cars and at night its parked in my garage
Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
W203 C230, W210 E350, W166 ML63
Shake, im from Michigan too, where abouts Michigan are you from?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:36 PM

02 cl203
feel you pain, but mines not that deep. dont even know when or where it happened
Old 10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
damn, that really sucks. really hate it when someone does that.
also, i'll get pissed off if someone parks very close to me
Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Ouch sorry to hear!
Dont fix it cuz they'll probably come back anyway to do some more damage. It will be nice if there's a camera somewhere. Get a beater until you graduate
Old 10-05-2007, 04:12 PM

w211 e500
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Looks like someone was really serious when they did it tho.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:27 PM

'02 C240
I dont think it gets better when it involves 'grown ups' either, i have dents from people opening their car doors and using my car as a buffer. Its one of those things in life you gotta just live with or get mad at, the first option keeps your heart healthy and the second option just gives you temporary relief.

I would put a sticker underneath it saying " Your Mom scratches like this! "
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 M-B C240
Originally Posted by Shake
I park right next to the fire lane thing which is empty and i make sure no ones door can hit my car. I think someone was jealous, but it's not like I flaunt about my car. When people ask me what I drive i say, black sedan or something.
Thats a nice idea i never thought of....i go to high school too and park obviously in an end space so one side is protected....but i should start tell ppl that i drive just a black car or something else....and i park next to a guy with a 97 3 series droptop and i would assume that he drives with caution but one day i was a little late getting out of school and saw him backing out and while reversing, he was literately a thumb length away from his front bumper rubbing my back bumper (now i get to school a little later so i can park after him and run to my car to leave before him)...anyway sucks what happened to you MB, i would f-in' flip out... go all on them

Last edited by /|\/|\M-B; 10-05-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by kevblah
wow thats a deep one, sorry to hear that man
It's like down to the metal. Thanks kevin
Originally Posted by Ryanr317
That sucks ***** man. I'd be so pissed.
Yes i am It was only in the shop last thursday for repaint for rock chips.
Originally Posted by Moviela
Hiya Shake! High School can be stressful enough without this malcious vandalism. I am sorry you are a victim of people with such small minds.

It is good you made a police report, but they are probably too busy polishing their radar gun to worry about your property damage. Please report it to the school district adminstration. The school is responsible for the conduct of students from portal to portal, in other words from when they leave their house until they return to their house. The school should provide protection for student's vehicles while in class. My sons school has a city cop in the lot during going home time, and there is video as well.

You might consider a backup camera on the rear license frame with a time-lapse recorder in the trunk. It will at least show who was near your car, and that could lead to prosecution of the culprits.

Brabus X2, I have that parking situation all the time in Hong Kong car parks. The solution is the wagon. I have more than once popped the rear door, crawled over the seats and hit the road!
I've reported it to the school but they won't do anything. I've offered to pay for a camera also but still they "mention" it in their meetings and don't go thru with it. We do have a cop but he doesn't really care about the cars. they care more about the drug problems in my school.
Any more info on the backup camera? I'd like to know more about this and how much $$. i'd love to have one
Originally Posted by Blake P
Jealous punks... just wait till they see the neons!
hahaha, Blake will personally come to michigan and key my car for me then.

Originally Posted by kompressorc230
Yeah High School is a b*tch especially when alot of people hate when you have a ride. My friend's car rear window just got shattered like a week ago in the school lot. And it feels so good knowing i graduated already...

*You sure its your moms??? ...jk
That sucks about your friend. I'm kind of worried about college too. I hope it's not as bad as high school. Maybe I'll rent a small garage if that is possible in college.

And it is my car. unlike other young people that just had their car given to them, I've actually earned mine. I've earned about $5 grand thru work and savings. I've never spent a dime on anything and I'm not joking. The rest i earned thru stock market, using my parents funds. I've made a nice profit so i guess i'd call that earning it
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
thats f'd up

Originally Posted by blown93lx

I know, it's unavoidable
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
ya true.... the first day i brought my car up to college last year i parked my car all the way far down with no cars next to me, i come outside and theres a shopping car chilling by the same door panel as your car that got keyed. Now there are 2 long dings down the door. It's obvious when your looking at it from an angle.... i was so pissed and school didnt even start yet. Thats one thing about college/school i dont miss the immature crap. Now i'm at work and i park next to my co-workers 335i coupe and we both know we wont ding or scratch each others cars and at night its parked in my garage
Some young people are so immature
Originally Posted by C230\PV
Shake, im from Michigan too, where abouts Michigan are you from?
I'm from the Kalmazoo area. I do visit detroit sometime. Not many others with MB's in Michigan
Originally Posted by yeuchau
damn, that really sucks. really hate it when someone does that.
also, i'll get pissed off if someone parks very close to me

Originally Posted by valexv
feel you pain, but mines not that deep. dont even know when or where it happened
That sucks. I do a usual walk-around the car before i get in everytime just to make sure nothing has happend to it.
Originally Posted by KA8
Ouch sorry to hear!
Dont fix it cuz they'll probably come back anyway to do some more damage. It will be nice if there's a camera somewhere. Get a beater until you graduate
I talked to my insurance today and they said I only have to pay $100 deductable and nothing happens to my premiums because I filed a police complaint. I figure that I might as well enjoy my car since I have it. I do have a Ford Explorer which i use for winter.
Originally Posted by outaurleague
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Looks like someone was really serious when they did it tho.
Yeah, but i'm kind of suprized that they didn't do the whole car. thank god they didn't
Originally Posted by RumbleUK
I dont think it gets better when it involves 'grown ups' either, i have dents from people opening their car doors and using my car as a buffer. Its one of those things in life you gotta just live with or get mad at, the first option keeps your heart healthy and the second option just gives you temporary relief.

I would put a sticker underneath it saying " Your Mom scratches like this! "
hahaha, i'm just gonna get it fixed and be happy.

Originally Posted by /|\/|\M-B
Thats a nice idea i never thought of....i go to high school too and park obviously in an end space so one side is protected....but i should start tell ppl that i drive just a black car or something else....and i park next to a guy with a 97 3 series droptop and i would assume that he drives with caution but one day i was a little late getting out of school and saw him backing out and while reversing, he was literately a thumb length away from his front bumper rubbing my back bumper (now i get to school a little later so i can park after him and run to my car to leave before him)...anyway sucks what happened to you MB, i would f-in' flip out... go all on them
Yeah, be careful man
Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 AM

2006 SLK 280
I cant even look at it....gives me a shiver down the spine!