C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CF lip and parking trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230k '05
Guys check this out I know its common that you will always have another car beside you when you park.

So what I do is use the car beside me as a mirror to see how close I am to the curb. You can look at the car beside you and your reflection and you can see your front bumper if it is about to hit.

You got what Im saying
Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
LOL, I don't even pull up to the curb or cement stopper all the way in the ML.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by markmam1
So what I do is use the car beside me as a mirror to see how close I am to the curb. You can look at the car beside you and your reflection and you can see your front bumper if it is about to hit.
that method only works in dark cars...
easiest method - stick ur head out the window and look at the curb!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
Originally Posted by zoomie
I'm only hesitant to buy it because it sorta looks funny that with the lip installed, the front is so much lower than the side skirts. From the side view, you nolonger get the clean edge that goes from the back of the vehicle to the front.

From the front though, the CF lip looks gorgeous! What are your opinions on the look of the CF lip?
I think it completely changed the look on my car. I love it and it doesn't look odd. If you park close to the curb, then don't get a CF lip.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 PM

W203 C230k '05
Originally Posted by MJ50
that method only works in dark cars...
easiest method - stick ur head out the window and look at the curb!

Nope not really they all work for me
Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
I guess no one here has driven suv's, like you're supposed to...in the dirt/snow and going over things. Totally realize that the c230 isn't for that purpose, but i still don't see what's teh big deal about driving up to the curb 'til you nub it.

as much as i love the c230, it's just a car.

* i just noticed that all the guys so far with the nice cars are the ones with the attitude problem. I started the thread to hear opinions - not be You guys need to relax a tad bit and stop

Last edited by zoomie; 10-31-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I guess no one here has driven suv's, like you're supposed to...in the dirt/snow and going over things. Totally realize that the c230 isn't for that purpose, but i still don't see what's teh big deal about driving up to the curb 'til you nub it.

* i just noticed that all the guys so far with the nice cars are the ones with the attitude problem. I started the thread to hear opinions - not be You guys need to relax a tad bit and stop
Do you also open your door until it hits the car next to you? Regardless what car I'm driving, I'd rather not intentionally bang it up. You say you started the thread to hear opinions, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're getting.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blake P
Do you also open your door until it hits the car next to you? Regardless what car I'm driving, I'd rather not intentionally bang it up. You say you started the thread to hear opinions, and it sounds like that's exactly what you're getting.
Firstly that's just unnecessary sarcasm, but to answer your question,....no b/c it would damage the door and the other guy's car. Driving the car perpendular to the curb until the rubber hits the concrete neither harms the curb nor the tire. I remind you, this is a gentle touch - no throttle. Just letting go of the gas.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by markmam1
Guys check this out I know its common that you will always have another car beside you when you park.

You got what Im saying
thank you for the only mature response on this thread so far. I'll try that. Wish others would state their opinion on the subject rather than straight up insulting me.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
thank you for the only mature response on this thread so far. I'll try that. Wish others would state their opinion on the subject rather than straight up insulting me.
Did you see the first part of post #10? How about the 2nd part of #10? Why is it even necessary to pull in all the way?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300

I've also drive an explorer and still I don't hit the curb with it. I know how to drive and I can tell distances. I think it's a big deal that you would damage your own car because you don't have the simple skills for parking. If you don't have respect for cars, I don't know why you even own a C230, You might have been better off in a Hyndai. "It's just a car?" Then why are you on the forums if you don't have an interest in cars. If you don't care about it, don't even bother modding the car.

You said only the people with nice cars are giving you attidude, well I don't have a nicely modded car you're going to get attitude.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport

My theory is that stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

I suggest re-reading your first post and the topic of your thread. You're bound to get answers with "attitude" in a lot of replies just because of this topic.

Here's the thing, your justification for bringing this up was in comparing to SUV's. Simple question, "Is the w203 an SUV?" Simple answer, "NO."

If anything, you're the one that's taking the replies WAYYY too seriously. It's just that the fact that you may feel like the brunt of the joke in this case that seems to offend you.

Now, as far as the people with "nice" cars having the attitude problem? Well, don't you think there's a reason why we have NICE cars and they look that way? Did you ever think it's because we would never, ever thinking of parking a car by simply driving it until something stops it from moving?...

If your feelings got hurt . I'll keep in mind that you're one of the sensitive people on the message board. But mainly, I was giving advice as to what I would feel you would need to do if you decided to get the AMG lip.

But hey, if it's "just a car" to you and "money is no object". By all means, park however you want. Now, if you decide that you do want to go that route and make your car look "nice," I suggest you start taking the advice of all the people that have chimed in to give you a hard time. You might just learn (or unlearn in this case) something.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let me add on to Drex's post.

Speaking of attitudes. Look at your posts towards other forum members in your earlier posts (in other threads). You post like you know it all and tell other members "it would be better if you.....". I find it funny because it seemed like you know it all yet you come here to ask advice regarding the simple task of parking a Mercedes.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!

everytime when i hear ppl have parking problem it remind me of this

even if any of you have GODLIKE parking skill other won't....

sorry for being off-topic
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Let me add on to Drex's post.

Speaking of attitudes. Look at your posts towards other forum members in your earlier posts (in other threads). You post like you know it all and tell other members "it would be better if you.....". I find it funny because it seemed like you know it all yet you come here to ask advice regarding the simple task of parking a Mercedes.
Ling, stop giving this kid a hard time. He/She might literally.. Even though you're just stating the facts.