C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Quick vent about an un-named sponsor/vendor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
Quick vent about an un-named sponsor/vendor

I have grown used to the typical cheap price and screw-job you get on shipping charges from ebay vendors as well as no name companies. However, I never thought I would have that from a well respected company/sponsor of the boards.

So- I found what I thought was the cheapest price, by a fair amount, on a set of sway bars. I went through the entire checkout process- only to see that there would be a shipping charge of $77.xx for standard shipping!!!! I checked the price of shipping through another site sponsor- $24.xx which is realistic. I also went to UPS.com in order to get an idea on real world shipping- came up with about $19.xx- so $25 is understandable since they do have to pay someone to box things up and other odds an ends.

Now, because of this- I am going to go to the other vendor and spend a little more money because of the principal of the matter. One company would have had the sale, had they not tried to put the screws to people on shipping. I'm not going to mention names of either company, as they are both sponsors. I am just hoping this particular company reads this post and makes some changes. You just lost out on a $450 sale.

On a more positive note- I just ordered a set of adjustable endlinks from Code3Performance- expecting to see a charge for shipping. Much to my suprise- shipping was included in their advertised price. for Code3
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
well talking about sponsors...i ordered a set of HIDs from one of our sponsors... the HID kit is...still not shipped yet, and its been a week. Lets hope they respond soon..
Old 02-03-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 c240
Originally Posted by advans
well talking about sponsors...i ordered a set of HIDs from one of our sponsors... the HID kit is...still not shipped yet, and its been a week. Lets hope they respond soon..
+1
Old 02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
That’s ridiculous! Why don’t you just share with us who it was? The micro-niche MB modification aftermarket and its devotees deserve to know.

My pair of H&R bars were delivered from Tire Rack for $23, an amount far less than our local sales tax, thus prompting the mail order purchase. I’ve also bought parts from forum sponsors LET and Code3. Their S&H is wisely built into the sales price.

When I used to buy pricey season tickets to California Speedway (saw Gil de Ferran set the world’s closed-course record of 241.428 MPH!) for Champ Car events, they threw in the ‘free’ parking. It’s a great way to do business.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:36 PM

06' C230SS
:shakes head: this worries me.. find it hard to be confident in orders now
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM

F10
SAY IT!!! and protect other members (not the sponsors), so what if they're sponsors, that doesn't protect them from anything. Let the members decide who and whom not to buy from. and then maybe, they will change their policy and earn themself a business.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by RedW203
SAY IT!!! and protect other members (not the sponsors), so what if they're sponsors, that doesn't protect them from anything. Let the members decide who and whom not to buy from. and then maybe, they will change their policy and earn themself a business.
really though, or how else would us mbworld-ers be able to tell which sponsor is best for our money?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 AM

03 c240
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
really though, or how else would us mbworld-ers be able to tell which sponsor is best for our money?
took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
Originally Posted by splinter
That’s ridiculous! Why don’t you just share with us who it was? The micro-niche MB modification aftermarket and its devotees deserve to know.

My pair of H&R bars were delivered from Tire Rack for $23, an amount far less than our local sales tax, thus prompting the mail order purchase. I’ve also bought parts from forum sponsors LET and Code3. Their S&H is wisely built into the sales price.
Most likely who I will be purchasing from (TireRack). I've bought tires from them on several occasions- they always charge very close to the actual shipping charge. I too have bought from LET and Code3. I was happy with everything from both. Although I just placed my order last night from Code3- but already recieved a personal, non automatic reply to my order saying it would be shipped out today LET nor Code3 show the bars on their site, or else I would order from them. I like giving the smaller places business when it's within reason.

Before I go naming anyone- I am going to go back to the site and go through the process just to make sure I didn't type in the wrong zip or something goofy like that.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
i checked again- the shipping is inflated. by process of elimination- you can guess the vendor. it's not the three mentioned above.....and it's a pretty large player.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
Most likely who I will be purchasing from (TireRack). I've bought tires from them on several occasions- they always charge very close to the actual shipping charge. I too have bought from LET and Code3. I was happy with everything from both. Although I just placed my order last night from Code3- but already recieved a personal, non automatic reply to my order saying it would be shipped out today LET nor Code3 show the bars on their site, or else I would order from them. I like giving the smaller places business when it's within reason.

Before I go naming anyone- I am going to go back to the site and go through the process just to make sure I didn't type in the wrong zip or something goofy like that.

I'll give tirerack a 11/10 for being a sponsor. they are really great on the customer service hand!

Everytime I buy tires, they deliver it ON-TIME. and if its late, they'll CALL you and apologize for the delay. Even when I damaged one of my old wheels, I called them up and a representative gave me a major discount on my AMGs!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
They always take care of me also. I too had an issue once with tire size (that was my fault)- and swapping them out for the right size, wasn't an issue at all. I also like the fact they have warehouse's everywhere- one of which is less than 200 miles from me- so my stuff arrives quickly
Old 02-04-2008, 04:37 PM

F10
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3
i checked again- the shipping is inflated. by process of elimination- you can guess the vendor. it's not the three mentioned above.....and it's a pretty large player.

so who is it?.............
Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
Like I said- it's a large player and not the three mentioned above. I don't know what the rules are when it comes to throwing names of sponsors around.