C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

w203 grill and star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C32
w203 grill and star

hello

i have a mercedes c220 cdi year 2002
chasis number : WDC203006-2R-045355
ENGINE NUMBER: 611962-30-465284

i want to buy this grill and star with its gomet

can anyone give me parts number for it
?

br
ryaz
Attached Thumbnails w203 grill and star-w203allbkonwhite2.jpg  
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
you can try ebay, it's called a CL-grille, and it will fit your car as long as it is a w203 [excluding the C55 AMG].

or you can try formymercedes.com
Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
that or formymercedes.com
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 720 Likes on 701 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
just search for "w203" on eBay...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 PM

2002 C320
I am new to this site and certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I recently purchased and returned a grill from Ebay because the mesh had a hole in the lower section that was crooked even though it was machine cut. According to the vendor, the manufacturer started cutting these holes in the mesh in late 2007 for no apparent reason since it serves no function on the W203 as the hood release is off to the side. I have attached some pictures of the grill I purchased and the extra mesh the vendor purchased in the hopes of getting one with no hole. Please note also that the Ebay ad did not show the hole in the mesh which was somewhat upsetting to me when I received the item. The vendor did give me a full refund including original shipping, so I was happy about that.
Attached Thumbnails w203 grill and star-grill-picture.jpg   w203 grill and star-vendor-picture-040208.jpg  
Old 04-18-2008, 01:53 AM

Mercedes Benz c230
Who was the seller?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM

2002 C320
I want to preface this by saying that the seller was good enough to give me a full refund including original shipping (though I did have to pay shipping to return it to him), so I don't want to smear his name. I've seen posts on other forums with pictures of grills with the hole in the mesh and people appear to be perfectly happy with those grills. He has a business to run and is entitled to do so. I think it would be good, however, if he changed the pictures in his ads to reflect the product the buyer will be receiving.

Here is the original ad (and picture from the ad below with no hole):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

Seller was Jakuo. I see several ads on Ebay currently with the same picture.
Attached Thumbnails w203 grill and star-allsilvergr.jpg  
Old 06-14-2008, 11:40 PM

2003 C240
Originally Posted by mbpc320
I am new to this site and certainly don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I recently purchased and returned a grill from Ebay because the mesh had a hole in the lower section that was crooked even though it was machine cut. According to the vendor, the manufacturer started cutting these holes in the mesh in late 2007 for no apparent reason since it serves no function on the W203 as the hood release is off to the side. I have attached some pictures of the grill I purchased and the extra mesh the vendor purchased in the hopes of getting one with no hole. Please note also that the Ebay ad did not show the hole in the mesh which was somewhat upsetting to me when I received the item. The vendor did give me a full refund including original shipping, so I was happy about that.
Same here mbpc320. Just received my grille today. I'm still waiting for a reply from the seller.
I don't think I will get any replacement since the seller is not a car accessory vendor.
Glad I found your post...I did not know it was a 'manufacturing' thing...I won't be surprised if the seller does not know anything about it.
Guess I will keep it.
Question though:
I have not installed it yet but was playing around with it...How do get the big chrome silver star to stay on?
Mine came with a hood release lever & some clips...Yours too?
Old 06-15-2008, 03:45 AM

2002 C320
Originally Posted by danev6972
Same here mbpc320. Just received my grille today. I'm still waiting for a reply from the seller.
I don't think I will get any replacement since the seller is not a car accessory vendor.
Glad I found your post...I did not know it was a 'manufacturing' thing...I won't be surprised if the seller does not know anything about it.
Guess I will keep it.
Question though:
I have not installed it yet but was playing around with it...How do get the big chrome silver star to stay on?
Mine came with a hood release lever & some clips...Yours too?
You should have received one round metal ring with your grill. I'm doing this from memory as I returned everything to the seller, so bear with me. The star should have a long piece protruding from the back of it. Put the black piece with the mesh in it behind the grill and the line up the star with it through the front of the grill. Then push the metal ring onto the post on the back of the star until it is flush and tight in place against the back of the mesh piece. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:34 PM

2003 C240
Thanks mbpc320...
Just installed the grille without a hitch. Looks good! I still have the original hood star since my emblem is yet to arrive...Looks kinda funny .But I could not wait to install it & I was bored too.

And for some FYI: I left the orig hood release on at first but once you open the hood the lever would not stick out like with the OE grille although you can still reach in and pull it out to open.
Then I tried it with the longer lever that came with the grille. If I slam the hood down to close it still sticks out but if I close the hood gently & push the hood down then it retracts w/o a problem. I'll keep it this way for now.

Also , just got a reply from the seller & per his supplier: "It is part of the manufacturer design to increase air flow to the inlets."
Does not make any sense to me.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:32 PM

2002 C320
Originally Posted by danev6972
Thanks mbpc320...
Just installed the grille without a hitch. Looks good! I still have the original hood star since my emblem is yet to arrive...Looks kinda funny .But I could not wait to install it & I was bored too.

And for some FYI: I left the orig hood release on at first but once you open the hood the lever would not stick out like with the OE grille although you can still reach in and pull it out to open.
Then I tried it with the longer lever that came with the grille. If I slam the hood down to close it still sticks out but if I close the hood gently & push the hood down then it retracts w/o a problem. I'll keep it this way for now.

Also , just got a reply from the seller & per his supplier: "It is part of the manufacturer design to increase air flow to the inlets."
Does not make any sense to me.
I'm glad to hear you were able to get it all together. My instructions weren't that great - it's hard to describe without seeing it.

I didn't change out the hood latch when I had the grill. The original latch was almost too short, but I could just reach it with my fingers.

You're right about the increased airflow. Maybe you should ask them if it gets better flow because the cutout is crooked!

It's unfortunate because the grill is great except the one major flaw that I couldn't overlook. Call me picky, but it's on a Mercedes.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230SS
that's odd- i bought mine from that same seller. fit and finish was perfect.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Mercedes Benz c230
I think that hole in the bottom mesh part was initially designed for the SL that has the trunk releast lever at that same location. I guess they got too lazy or didn't figure out that C classes dont' have it there.