C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

check this cool car cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 K
check this cool car cover

check this out guys. It's pretty neat for a car cover.

www.autosunproof.com
Old 12-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Banned

Except you can cover a car faster and easier with a regular car cover, and get FULL protection for the car, instead of the 40% coverage of that car cover.

What a hassle - you have to open the trunk and thread the cover between the trunk opening and the rear window, open both front doors, tuck the cover in the doors (to prevent it from blowing off in even the slightest breeze), etc. And, most of the car is still left exposed.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the main purpose of that cover is not to protect the car, but to prevent the car from "heating up" due to over exposure to sunlight
Old 12-05-2002, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by Xeon
the main purpose of that cover is not to protect the car, but to prevent the car from "heating up" due to over exposure to sunlight
exactly..............but if I'm going to put any cover on, it might as well cover the entire car and give it the full protection.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bagwell
exactly..............but if I'm going to put any cover on, it might as well cover the entire car and give it the full protection.
Ding Ding Ding! Tell him what he's won, Johnny . . .
Old 12-05-2002, 04:16 PM

C230 K
hey

I'm just saying that it's cool. Besides, It takes lees space to store than a full car cover and I think you'll want to use that in like big open parking lot and stuff. You won't want to drag a full length car cover and start covering your car in a huge parking lot right?
Old 12-05-2002, 08:33 PM

Giving it a shot

I am going to try this out for my "rag-top" as I often like to cover up the interior when I leave it sitting for a while at various times. Mostly at places like friends homes etc...

It may be more of a hassle than simply raising the top but there may be times when I would like to protect the canvas as well.

I do have a full cover for off-season storage, but at the times when the car is less than perfectly clean this cover may be a better option than pulling a full cover over a dusty surface.

I'll let you all know how it goes, but it may be the spring before I really get the opportunity to give this a work out.

JR
Old 12-05-2002, 10:25 PM

c230 Coupe
uuugggly hehe
Old 12-05-2002, 10:50 PM
JeT

Originally posted by MacPhisto
Ding Ding Ding! Tell him what he's won, Johnny . . .
If I had a black car I would not be covering the whole car...unless your car is not totally free from dust or dirt then you are going to scratch your paint surface...at least with this cover, it minimises the area that can be scratched...Anyway, as Nevide said, if I'm parking the car while at the shops or while off playing a round of golf, covering the whole car is going a bit far...it depends on your purpose, so ease up on the sarcasm.

I wouldn't know how this cover would be installed on a coupe though.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:07 PM

C230 K
i think

It can't be installed on a coupe. This cover only goes with cars that have real trunks and not hatchs. Finally some people see the use of it.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:49 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
interesting...
Old 12-06-2002, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by JeT
If I had a black car I would not be covering the whole car...unless your car is not totally free from dust or dirt then you are going to scratch your paint surface...at least with this cover, it minimises the area that can be scratched...Anyway, as Nevide said, if I'm parking the car while at the shops or while off playing a round of golf, covering the whole car is going a bit far...it depends on your purpose, so ease up on the sarcasm.

I wouldn't know how this cover would be installed on a coupe though.
you'd have to drag this thing acroos the top of your (black) car anyway...so what's the difference ?!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:59 AM
JeT

Originally posted by bagwell
you'd have to drag this thing acroos the top of your (black) car anyway...so what's the difference ?!
Well, I don't know about anyone else but the areas I notice swirls and minor scratches the most are on the side panels and the hood...but that maybe just coz I'm not 6 ft 6"!