C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

TVT 250 Introductory Pricing (3.2L V6)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrysler Crossfire
TVT 250 Introductory Pricing (3.2L V6)

We've had the TVT250 kit available for the Crossfire crowd for quite a while now and are starting to get some feedback from drivers getting on the dyno. Everyone is loving it!

For the Crossfire the kit consists of:

Modified Airbox (or cold air intake)
High Flow Filters
ECU Reflash
Hi-Flow Injectors

We saw 253 HP with the modified airbox and 261 HP with the Cold Air Intake. We are offering two different kits for the Mercedes Crowd, both of which are sure to please.

Option 1: 1200.00
Custom ECU tune
Larger Injectors

This is perfect if you already have KN or similar filters and want over 250 HP. The MB airbox already outflows the Crossfire one.

Option 2: 850.00
ECU Reflash
Larger Injectors
Air Filters

This will get you to over 250 HP as well and is designed for a car that will not see additional modifications.

The difference between the custom tune is the Reflash changes the speed limiter and only effects WOT performance. Also all reflashes are the same regardless of other mods. With a custom tune we tune part throttle maps as well as WOT maps. This will allow your car to be faster ALL the time, not only when you race. We will custom tune for any future modifications as well for a $100.00 service fee, this stands for life.

You can see the dyno sheet on our site: http://www.tvtdes********/inc/sdetail/503

Please ask any and all questions.

Thank you,

Anthony
TVT Design
Old 06-04-2008, 08:10 PM

'02 C320 Wagon
When you say that the kit is for cars that will not see additional engine mods, how strict is that statement? For instance, if I went to an aftermarket cat-back exhaust, would your remap still work well?

Also, with the reflash option (only change the WOT settings), you're still using larger injectors - is the stock mapping at part throttle able to cope with the larger injectors without throwing the A/F ratio out of whack and ruining fuel mileage?

Last edited by venturaII; 06-04-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
is it gonna be more fuel efficient or it's just the other way around.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by yeuchau
is it gonna be more fuel efficient or it's just the other way around.
larger injector = owning your fuel mileage, but performance =
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by FrankW
that's what I thought as well, but maybe ECU could also save you some as well, at least for bimmer it gives better performance and better gas mileages.

with the gas price now, it's not very tempting, but 250+ hp sounds very good on c320.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I was wondering, what good is the "modified thermometer"?

I feel like I should get it.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
TVT: How have the bigger injectors + tune affected your fuel economy?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Ok, I'll get more into it, with clever examples as well.

A reflash is what Inmotion, Upsolute, Powerchip and the like offer. It basically is a generic advance the timing, lean out the fuel kind of a tune. Most of the changes are on the top end that you normally don't reach unless WOT. They offer modest HP gains of 18-22 HP (if they quote more ask them to prove it) which is not too detectable to the average person. The good thing about the flash is that it leans out the fuel trim and when leaned the right way makes adding larger injectors very appealing.

With a freer flowing intake and ECU reflash we were seeing Air Fuel Ratios in the 14.0-15.5 range, which is very very lean. We did some calculations and found the proper size injector to add and brought the AFR back down to 13.5, much more livable. We now had a better breathing, more powerful car that was running at a safe and fuel efficeint AFR. If Mercedes would've slapped on slightly larger injectors from the start you would see huge gains out of your current mods.

With the custom tune, we alter part throttle maps as well. This means that while you're just scooting around town you'll notice a peppier, more responsive car. The custom tuning takes into account all of your current mods, octane, altitude, and desired power band. If you want more power up top we can tune for that. If you just want some more low end passing power, well we can do that as well.

The reflash is fine for adding pulleys, exhaust, thermostat, and any other mod that doesn't significantly effect AFR (headers) or require special tuning (cams, head work).
Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by TruTaing
TVT: How have the bigger injectors + tune affected your fuel economy?
Bad question to ask me. Our car is raced like 90% of the time. Driving to the track it's fine though.

The tune with the injectors will actually make your car more efficeint, thus getting slightly better gas mileage. Here's the important thing though, if you drive harder you negate that effect.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by advans
I was wondering, what good is the "modified thermometer"?

I feel like I should get it.

Modified thermostat allows coolant to flow at lower levels, all the while keeping the factory opening point. You will notice operating temps 10-20 degrees cooler and significantly quicker cool down times.

If you track your car this is an extremely noticable upgrade.

Also a cooler engine allows more timing, and more timing means more HP!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Modified thermostat allows coolant to flow at lower levels, all the while keeping the factory opening point. You will notice operating temps 10-20 degrees cooler and significantly quicker cool down times.

If you track your car this is an extremely noticable upgrade.

Also a cooler engine allows more timing, and more timing means more HP!
I do a lot of spirited driving, and I did notice that the car's throttle response is low when the car is under the sun after a lot of WOT runs.

so with this $70 modified thermostat, the car would run a little "cooler" and hopefully help out on a hot summer day? btw, is it hard to replace? if its a quick DIY job, im gonna order it asap.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
well, I do know that once this is replaced, coolant needs to be replaced as well. but is this really a "complicated" job, I seriously have no clue where the stock thermostat is, I will have to find out tomorrow!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:07 PM

'02 C320 Wagon
If the larger injector's duty cycle can be closed up enough to keep the A/F ratio where it should be, then the mileage shouldn't be affected with the reflash. I guess the question is: can it? It doesn't sound like much testing was done in this area (not uncommon for most performance-oriented mods).
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 PM

'02 C320 Wagon
Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
With a freer flowing intake and ECU reflash we were seeing Air Fuel Ratios in the 14.0-15.5 range, which is very very lean. We did some calculations and found the proper size injector to add and brought the AFR back down to 13.5, much more livable.
Just curious - what were you seeing for A/F ratios on bone stock M112 motors? Were they on Benzes or Crossfires?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Bone stock AFR were in the 13.8-14.2 range pretty consistent across the board.

The thermostat is right on the front of the engine and is held in with two bolts. Just follow the hoses from the radiator, 15 min job excluding cleaning up the coolant.

"If the larger injector's duty cycle can be closed up enough to keep the A/F ratio where it should be, then the mileage shouldn't be affected with the reflash. I guess the question is: can it? It doesn't sound like much testing was done in this area (not uncommon for most performance-oriented mods)."

The answer is yes, the ECU adapts up to about 13% larger injectors. We originally went with even larger injectors and saw more power, but only with a custom tune. A basic reflash left the car running way too rich. The injectors we offer are perfect for both the custom and reflash customer.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
so what's the rundown of the stuff we get with either kits?

i'm lost, so does it mean that package 1 will only include receive an ECU flash and larger injectors? so the package doesn't include the modified airbox or cold air intake? also are you hp ratings based on WHP?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM

Are these options available to the C240 motor? I wouldn't see why not.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:10 AM

'02 C320 Wagon
Another question: from what I understand, the car's computer is relying on fixed maps to determine and update the fuel mileage display, based on a variety of input criteria. Does this reflash cause any disparity between fuel mileage dispayed and actual mileage?

Not trying to pick apart your product - I just like knowing how something works before I upgrade my car. And fuel prices being what they are these days, I want to make darn sure I'm not taking a step backwards.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM

2006 C230WZ
anything for a 2006 c230 V6?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
Originally Posted by Mu9enx

i'm lost, so does it mean that package 1 will only include receive an ECU flash and larger injectors? so the package doesn't include the modified airbox or cold air intake? also are you hp ratings based on WHP?
It's not WHP, I wish it is..haha
Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
theres TWO thermostats for the 3.2 V6 right? so does the $70 include both? or am I wrong?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by Mu9enx

We do not offer a CAI for the Mercedes chassis, we have not fit one on yet and don't want to hope the one for the Crossfire fits.

You can add the modified airbox to the basic Reflash kit and injectors for a total of 1200.00 plus shipping.

Our ratings are based on Crank HP. If they were RWHP we'd embarass the AMG guys.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by advans
theres TWO thermostats for the 3.2 V6 right? so does the $70 include both? or am I wrong?

Only one thermostat for the N/A and a different one for the SC.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by venturaII
Another question: from what I understand, the car's computer is relying on fixed maps to determine and update the fuel mileage display, based on a variety of input criteria. Does this reflash cause any disparity between fuel mileage dispayed and actual mileage?

Not trying to pick apart your product - I just like knowing how something works before I upgrade my car. And fuel prices being what they are these days, I want to make darn sure I'm not taking a step backwards.

I honestly have no idea how this will effect what your fuel mileage readings are. If it doesn't read correct that doesn't mean your mileage is different though.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Chrysler Crossfire
Originally Posted by costerdock
Are these options available to the C240 motor? I wouldn't see why not.
Yes it will fit the C240, with different injectors, and less HP.

We do not offer anything for the 4 valve motors at this point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TVT 250 Introductory Pricing (3.2L V6)