C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Best dealer on Body repair in OC CA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C320 Sedan
Best dealer on Body repair in OC CA?

What is the best MBZ dealer to bring my car in for Body repair?
I bought MY 03 C320, at MB of Laguna Niguel, but I called them up, and they told me they dont do body repairs. Who can recommend a good MB Dealer that does body repairs?

FJ mercedes in Newport Beach
House of Import in Buena Park
MB of Long Beach (or is it torrance)
MB of Anahiem hill (is it Anahiem or Anaheim hills?)

Anyway what place does good body work?

To make to story short, some @## with his F150 truck hit my car. Damaged the driver front fender, bumper, and headlights. The car was only 2 1/2 weeks old!!!

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
which ever is the closest to you i guess...

FJ, HOI and Caliber Motor are probably better. I never know long beach had a benz dealership
Old 12-13-2002, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had good luck with Laguna Niguel Collision on Camino Capistrano and Carmer on Forbes in L.N. I've had hit and miss luck with Crown Valley Collision on Cape Dr. I'm really picky on body work. You may want to ask the service manager who they send their cars to for repairs, I'll probably run into the owner of LNMB tomorrow at the parade and I'll ask him, he drives a '71 MB silver convertible.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C320 Sedan
repairs

thanks buell, keep me updated. I am also, picky on the repairs, like I mentioned, the car is like brand new only 2 1/2 weeks old, so, I wanted someone who does a very very good job. I know that no matter how good the repairs are it will never be like as "original", but I like to come as close as possible. Plus my car is the Midnight Blue color, it was a special order color, so, this might add to dificulty on getting the exact match on color, considering it is a special order color and mostly likely the dealer repair shop wont have that color handy...

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: repairs

Originally posted by spacetrain
Plus my car is the Midnight Blue color, it was a special order color, so, this might add to dificulty on getting the exact match on color, considering it is a special order color and mostly likely the dealer repair shop wont have that color handy...
Don't worry, they take it over to Home Depot on their paint analyser and they'll match pretty good with their supreme 15 year latex
Old 12-14-2002, 02:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Fletcher Jones has done a horrible job on 2 of my family's cars. My dad still has screw marks from being rear ended (license plate). Any my sister's E420 took 3 times to get right. They couldn't figure out that when a door doesn't open and shut properly that something's not right...

Caliber Motors does not yet have a body shop, they send their work to Anaheim Auto Body.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
if Mach430 is right, then just try FJ or House. Just don't let the house people put the badges on the car. They messed up twice when i had my V6 kompressor put back on.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Re: repairs

Plus my car is the Midnight Blue color, it was a special order color, so, this might add to dificulty on getting the exact match on color, considering it is a special order color and mostly likely the dealer repair shop wont have that color handy...

Thanks.
If they are a good shop, they can paint it that color. If they do a lot of MB's, they probably already have it. If not, they can get it. Special order does not mean that the paint is hard to get. It just means MB wants to charge you more since it isn't a common color.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: Best dealer on Body repair in OC CA?

What is the best MBZ dealer to bring my car in for Body repair?
I bought MY 03 C320, at MB of Laguna Niguel, but I called them up, and they told me they dont do body repairs. Who can recommend a good MB Dealer that does body repairs?

FJ mercedes in Newport Beach
House of Import in Buena Park
MB of Long Beach (or is it torrance)
MB of Anahiem hill (is it Anahiem or Anaheim hills?)

Anyway what place does good body work?

To make to story short, some @## with his F150 truck hit my car. Damaged the driver front fender, bumper, and headlights. The car was only 2 1/2 weeks old!!!

Thanks.

Before you have them work on the vehicle you need to have the body shop acknowledge the condition (in writing) of the vehicle and the mileage and have a signature so when you pick up the vehicle it is in the same condition. The body shop as well as the dealership will deny any problems that they caused while the vehicle is in their possession. You have to be on top before the vehicle goes into the body shop and show the condition of the vehicle so you will not be screwed if you find a scratch on it after it was repaired. You should have a witness when dropping off the vehicle and picking up the vehicle.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C320 Sedan
repair shops

I am only left with FJ and HOI for MB dealers?
Mach430 doesnt seem to recommend FJ Mercedes, and Frank W mentions that they are no good at installing emblem....Imagine what how good can they do with the headlight replacement.

How about any outside repair shops.. Buell, any update, were you able to speak with the owner of LNMB?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Banned

Re: Re: repairs

Originally posted by Matt230K
If they are a good shop, they can paint it that color. If they do a lot of MB's, they probably already have it. If not, they can get it. Special order does not mean that the paint is hard to get. It just means MB wants to charge you more since it isn't a common color.
Actually, body shops and paint shops don't usually keep all the various mfrs paint colors in stock. That would be a lot of inventory to have to keep, even if a shop only worked on one make of car. Every color for every model for every year - they'd have to have a huge paint supply.

What they have is the formulas to mix the colors. When they need a particular color, for instance in this case midnight blue, they just mix it up.

Thus, any color is just as easy to get as any other color. Any body shop can have any color in an hour.

Finally, from what I can see, most dealers don't have their own body shops, and instead have an affiliation with an outside, local shop.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Re: repair shops

I am only left with FJ and HOI for MB dealers?
You can ship your car all the way out to Ohio. We have one of the best body shops in the country here. It used to be independent, now owned by MB dealer, but in a separate location. I think they are one of 3 or 4 in the country that are certified to work on CL's. I guess those cars require special equipment that you can only get if you are certified. From what I hear, some people do ship their cars from all over to get them fixed here. I doubt you want to do that though, and it wouldn't be quick. But you said you are picky.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 Sport Coupe
Great Paint Shop In LA

If you are willing to drive to the LA area, I would be glad to do any custom/ collision paint work for you. I work at a shop in the LA area, we mix our own MB paint. People who say they dont have the paint in stock are just trying to buy some more time. We use the same Basecoat/ Clearcoat system as MB, and offer a lifetime warranty on all work performed. I pesonaly do all the paint work at the shop, so you dont end up with a suit and tie office manager, and some monkey actually doing the work. When we are finished you will not be able to tell the difference between the factory work and ours. I own a C230 and have painted the entire front end, you are welcome to come and check it out any time you want.

Also anybody in need of any custom/ collision work, high performance tunning, or any other automotive work please e-mail
SimonBeylin@hotmail.com
Old 06-22-2004, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Mr.Mach430,
My mom has screw marks from being rear ended (license plate). Just like your dads car did. Can this be repaired or is it a replacement situation. Mom is very picky about her car but I wanted to know if there were options.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Re: Re: Re: repairs

Originally posted by MacPhisto
Actually, body shops and paint shops don't usually keep all the various mfrs paint colors in stock. That would be a lot of inventory to have to keep, even if a shop only worked on one make of car. Every color for every model for every year - they'd have to have a huge paint supply.

What they have is the formulas to mix the colors. When they need a particular color, for instance in this case midnight blue, they just mix it up.

Thus, any color is just as easy to get as any other color. Any body shop can have any color in an hour.

Finally, from what I can see, most dealers don't have their own body shops, and instead have an affiliation with an outside, local shop.
my bodyshop was able to get my paint color by the next day, and i wouldnt think mine is one that would be plentiful.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Re: Re: Re: Re: repairs

Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
my bodyshop was able to get my paint color by the next day, and i wouldnt think mine is one that would be plentiful.
Your body shop is????????????
Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

F & A autobody in Upland. my car is there right now getting my mesh painted. they did a great job on the body work and matching my paint. they mostly do restoration work on old cars. my dad has his 68 camaro SS painted there. thats how i heard of the them. my brother has taken his car there a coup0le times after he had it keyed at school a couple times.

Last edited by CitronC230K_03; 06-23-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:07 PM

C230 coupe 2003, 2014 GLK350, 2020 GLC63
Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
F & A autobody in Upland. my car is there right now getting my mesh painted. they did a great job on the body work and matching my paint. they mostly do restoration work on old cars. my dad has his 68 camaro SS painted there. thats how i heard of the them. my brother has taken his car there a coup0le times after he had it keyed at school a couple times.
Your bro's car was keyed more than once??

Stupid jealous punks!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah 3x total. he's glad he's out of high school now. sucks but kids can be lame. the last time was because he went to a grad party and he drove a friend to the party and his friend hooked up with some girl and she had a boyfriend who got mad and keyed my brothers car because that was the guys ride.