C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: Aftermarket Wheel Thread
W203
0%
CL203
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-16-2006 | 12:12 AM

Thanks for the advice

Your ride looks sick....really like it. Anyway, I will keep reading throughout the forums but just heard a couple things and haven't made time to physically go to a shop yet. I "heard" on the '05's the brake calliper sticks far out, which limits your wheel selection. Thats just what I read on 1 post, could be false. I will do some more research, although anyone else with ANY advice would help.

C-ya.

-Ross
Old 05-16-2006 | 09:19 AM

2002 C240
Thanks Style! What kind of tires do you have with those wheels? Over 5 Grand for Brabus??!! I don't mind going with the knock-offs. Are yours just like the AMG wheels? 'Cause that is the style I like.

I agree with the non-19" statement. I live where pot-holes thrive. Wouldn't want to risk it or sacrifice the nice ride this car has.

Cokita, I am not sure why you said don't go over 100 mph with 18" wheels. I may want to crank it up once in a while, not all the time. This car is so smooth and stable at high speeds! Just like my Supra I used to have. It was as comfortable going 110 as it was going 70!
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:09 AM
Almost a Member!

MBNubee, I meant not to go with the 19" if you're going to run over 100mph but it's gonna be fine with the 18". too risky for the rims.

about the ride quality, I can assure you it's smooth and comfy. I did 135 with the 18" while joking with my buddy, it's that smooth. of course you gotta get rid of the OEM suspension though.
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:19 AM

2002 C240
Okay Cokita, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! It is officially on my list of mods for my car. I am starting out with the stereo (see thread titled "Trunk audio install done - spare tire?"). Rims and tires will be next after window tinting, perhaps.
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
Originally Posted by Cokita
MBNubee, I meant not to go with the 19" if you're going to run over 100mph but it's gonna be fine with the 18". too risky for the rims.

about the ride quality, I can assure you it's smooth and comfy. I did 135 with the 18" while joking with my buddy, it's that smooth. of course you gotta get rid of the OEM suspension though.
I concur - the car feels pretty damn safe at high speeds, but I wouldn't even try on 19s *impending bent rim*. But I've also got upgraded suspension, etc.

flip
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MB Nubee
Okay Cokita, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! It is officially on my list of mods for my car. I am starting out with the stereo (see thread titled "Trunk audio install done - spare tire?"). Rims and tires will be next after window tinting, perhaps.
I'd say do the tinting as your finisher, a dessert after a nice and elegant entree
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:02 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Thanks Style! What kind of tires do you have with those wheels? Over 5 Grand for Brabus??!! I don't mind going with the knock-offs. Are yours just like the AMG wheels? 'Cause that is the style I like.
The tires are not a well known company, Capitol Negotiator. They're alright, the most I could afford right now. And yeah, the 19" Brabus Monoblock VI (2-piece) runs over $5,000. The 18" Brabus Monoblock VI (1-piece) runs about $2,300 without tires.

I have 18s that have the 2-piece look as you can see. They are somewhat similar to the AMG wheels but not quite the same.
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:15 PM

2002 C240
Originally Posted by C240Style
The tires are not a well known company, Capitol Negotiator. They're alright, the most I could afford right now. And yeah, the 19" Brabus Monoblock VI (2-piece) runs over $5,000. The 18" Brabus Monoblock VI (1-piece) runs about $2,300 without tires.

I have 18s that have the 2-piece look as you can see. They are somewhat similar to the AMG wheels but not quite the same.
Awesome! I visited Tire Rack earlier. They don't really have that style like yours, do they? They have the AMG knock-offs but not quite the same. Do you know off the top of your head where I can find the Brabus knock-offs? I'll do a search if you don't.

I noticed Flip has Toyo's. They are a popular tire on this forum! I'll see what Tire Rack has for that size, I have bought tires from them for years now!

Cokita, sounds good! I figured it would be a more affordable mod for starters considering some of the others. I am not sure if I want to break the law, though. So many people get away with it, I would probably get stopped and forced to take it off. Then I would be REALLY mad!
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:44 PM

TireRack does not have them. As for a place, I'd give you the place I ordered mine from (great deal), BUT before you ask how to reach them let me tell you a few things about them, pros and cons:

Pros:
-Great looking wheels
-Perfect fitment (no spacers needed)
-Have an unbeatable price

Cons:
-Customer service pretty much non-existent- No one ever picks up the phone and when they do, unless it's Gideon, they don't know what's going on, how to fix the problem or how to sucessfully return your phone call. Gideon is not much better, even when available.
-The way the wheels were shipped were LESS than subpar. They came with a single square piece of cardoboard on top and one on bottom, to protect the rim itself, and then it was saran-wrapped (yes that clear plastic stuff you wrap sandwhiches in) and taped. So basically besides the saran-wrap layer, the tires were completely exposed (not damaged, but still).
-Their mounting and balancing job was less than par as well, a few scuffs on the wheel from it, so I'd recommend if you decide to go with them to get tires elsewhere and have a shop mount/balance
-Lastly, the big one, the package comes with lugscrews that are SPECIFIC FOR THESE WHEELS. But, when I got my package, there were no lug screws and they told me standard Mercedes fit lugscrews would be fine if I wanted to buy them. I go to buy them, get a guy who has my model specific lug screws in stock and I go to put them on, way too long. You need the lug screws specifically from the place. And since they're out of stock, you need to ***** at them endlessly for them to get them drop-shipped to you from the manufacturer.

So, with that said, it's your decision if you want to order from them, let me know if you do.
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by tommy
They're just glued on; floss 'em off, then rub off the remaining glue. You could then buy lettering again from dealer and stick those on when you went to resell.
I never cared much for de-badging.........just seems like you're trying to hide something. I can understand the "cleaner" look, but eh, it's all relative. I'd keep them. I never get why people are so badge crazy.....(ie: guy in an SL500 put AMG badges all over his car )

As far as grandpa wanting debadged ****, you're on your own.
LMAO, that's the funniest thing I've ever read!
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:53 PM

2002 C240
Originally Posted by C240Style
TireRack does not have them. As for a place, I'd give you the place I ordered mine from (great deal), BUT before you ask how to reach them let me tell you a few things about them, pros and cons:

Pros:
-Great looking wheels
-Perfect fitment (no spacers needed)
-Have an unbeatable price

Cons:
-Customer service pretty much non-existent- No one ever picks up the phone and when they do, unless it's Gideon, they don't know what's going on, how to fix the problem or how to sucessfully return your phone call. Gideon is not much better, even when available.
-The way the wheels were shipped were LESS than subpar. They came with a single square piece of cardoboard on top and one on bottom, to protect the rim itself, and then it was saran-wrapped (yes that clear plastic stuff you wrap sandwhiches in) and taped. So basically besides the saran-wrap layer, the tires were completely exposed (not damaged, but still).
-Their mounting and balancing job was less than par as well, a few scuffs on the wheel from it, so I'd recommend if you decide to go with them to get tires elsewhere and have a shop mount/balance
-Lastly, the big one, the package comes with lugscrews that are SPECIFIC FOR THESE WHEELS. But, when I got my package, there were no lug screws and they told me standard Mercedes fit lugscrews would be fine if I wanted to buy them. I go to buy them, get a guy who has my model specific lug screws in stock and I go to put them on, way too long. You need the lug screws specifically from the place. And since they're out of stock, you need to ***** at them endlessly for them to get them drop-shipped to you from the manufacturer.

So, with that said, it's your decision if you want to order from them, let me know if you do.
WOW! That is quite a con list! Almost doesn't sound worth it. I am sure there are similar out there from someone else. I'll STFF for ideas.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2006 | 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
I never cared much for de-badging.........just seems like you're trying to hide something. I can understand the "cleaner" look, but eh, it's all relative. I'd keep them. I never get why people are so badge crazy.....(ie: guy in an SL500 put AMG badges all over his car )
I agree somewhat, though I did remove the "KOMPRESSOR" on the right side. I think that's a little overkill, and I'm not sure why so much chrome plastic had to die to have that plastered there. I already know that I have a s/c on myC230.

C240style - I work in Mahwah, so I'm always around the area. Hopefully, we'll get that June NJ meet off the ground.
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:05 PM

WOW! That is quite a con list! Almost doesn't sound worth it. I am sure there are similar out there from someone else. I'll STFF for ideas.

Thanks!

But then again, if I knew what I just told you before, I still would've gone through it because of the price. All I'd do is tell them you want the lugscrews with it, just make it clear to them that you need them WITH the car. Then order some Toyo tires from TireRack, have a local shop install, and you're in good shape.
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:07 PM

C240style - I work in Mahwah, so I'm always around the area. Hopefully, we'll get that June NJ meet off the ground.
Looks like we may not be doing it until July at this rate. Maybe we could do a mini-meet at Dunkin Donuts or somethin with a few guys
Old 05-17-2006 | 11:56 PM

05 C230K SS and 02 C240
I'll go for 19. As for the spring, it will takes at least 6 months for it to settle.
Car looks clean. Nice job
Old 05-18-2006 | 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

Thanks!
I get my tires done at Costco, they scrape the rim as well (on the outer circumference of the rim).

Is there any place to get things done correctly?
Old 05-18-2006 | 09:17 AM

2002 C240
Originally Posted by essa
I'll go for 19. As for the spring, it will takes at least 6 months for it to settle.
Car looks clean. Nice job
Hey Essa! Nice color on your 240! What mods have you done to it? I kove the color of your 230 as well!
Old 05-18-2006 | 05:54 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
congrats for the wheels and suspension mod.
Old 05-18-2006 | 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by FrankW
congrats for the wheels and suspension mod.
Thanks Frank, if only I had the money to buy your Carlsson wheels they would've been mine.
Old 05-20-2006 | 07:48 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm in a good mood right now..lol

Brand: Mandrus
Style: Milleniums
Color: Hyper Silver w/ polished lip
Size: 19x8.5 19x9.5
Offset: 32,35
Tire: General Exclaim UHP, 235/35/19 & 265/30/19
Suspension: Stock

Love these tires...I'm either easy to please or these things are great on noise & comfort, car still rides like stock, only wished they had lip protection, but you can't beat the price. Bug ups to Luke at TR.

Old 05-22-2006 | 02:58 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
jan ken po,

looks fantastic. that lip stands out well on the silver. the profile looks very sharp and sleek.

everyone's cars look great - it's nice to see all the different combi's up here on this thread.
Old 05-22-2006 | 05:27 PM

Brand:Brabus Monoblock VI Style
Size:18x8.5
Color: Brushed Aluminum
Offset : 35
Suspension: H&R Sport springs

Last edited by C240Style; 05-22-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-22-2006 | 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Does anyone have any unique wheels for this car??

it seems as if almost every car in this thread looks alike with the Similarly styled wheels etc... cummon guys, where's the originality!?
Old 05-22-2006 | 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sauceboy01

it seems as if almost every car in this thread looks alike with the Similarly styled wheels etc... cummon guys, where's the originality!?
Because the wheels that we have are all Mercedes made specific wheels. We'd prefer to have something that looks classy and looks like it's been made for a Mercedes rather than have "blingin' chrome" or anything of the sort.
Old 05-22-2006 | 05:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Sauceboy01

Did you see my car? I'd say mine are pretty original. Haven't seen anybody else with a w203 on OZ Superleggera III's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - All you want to know