C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Shivi1345's '05 C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MK IV .:R32
Shivi1345's '05 C230

Hey,

So I've been here for a few months now (learned a lot and been "STFF'ed" a lot too lol) and I haven't posted any pics so I though it was was time.

I also think that its kind of cool to have a build thread to see the changes in the car over time

so.......

[IMG][/IMG]

Bone Stock, just a few weeks after I first got it

[IMG][/IMG]

Still stock (I like the pic though)

[IMG][/IMG]

I love the "MB" on the Calipers

[IMG][/IMG]

Smoked the Headlights, Fog Lights, Side Markers, and the Turn Signals on the Mirrors

[IMG][/IMG]

Partial Smoked Tails, De-Badged, CF Roof Wing (if flew off on the freeway though )

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Took off the Headlight Film, CF Lip, Painted OEM Grill, Flat Hood Star

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

WeatherTech Wind Deflectors, "Official MB Product" Sticker (I think its pretty cool lol)

[IMG][/IMG]

Blacked Out Roof, Blacked Out Lower Bumper, Blacked Out Chrome Strips, "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes" Sticker

[IMG][/IMG]

Most Recent Pic, Painted MB Star (flat black), Blacked Out Chrome Strips (I did a bad job, need to re-do it)

So thats what I got now. In the immediate future I'm looking to get Swaybars, Euro Impact Strips, Exhaust (not yet decided, but I really like the Quad set-up), CF Diffuser, CF Trunk Spoiler, and who know what else lol

anyways thanks for all the help many of you have provided and I'll keep this thread updated

peace

Last edited by shivi1345; 09-25-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
How are those window trims working out for you?

The CF wing would look nice with a vinyl/painted black roof. I'm glad you took the tint off the headlights, that looked bad.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:38 PM

How are those window trims working out for you?
I love 'em, thanks bro

The CF wing would look nice with a vinyl/painted black roof
Ya it sucks (I only had it like a week), I think that the trunk lip is gonna look better though. I miiiight do both though (haven't really thought about it). The roof is just vinyl too

I'm glad you took the tint off the headlights, that looked bad.
ya....it wasn't too good. I also had really ****ty vision at night. I might put on like a grey-ish one though. You can still see through it into the housing but it looks like 35% tint
Old 09-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
I like the black/white scheme Can we get upclose pix/info on your vinyled black roof?

No wheels/suspension in the plans?!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:46 PM

I like the black/white scheme
thanks.....eventually it will be a CF and white scheme

Can we get upclose pix/info on your vinyled black roof?
[IMG][/IMG]

there are more pics on this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/231844-who-pinstripe-over-chrome-mouldings.html

there is also an E Class with a black roof and a CF Roof wing

No wheels/suspension in the plans?!
lol how could I forget? Probably not for some time due to price but, I would love some 18 Inch OZ Racing Ultraleggeras in Black. As for suspension I'm going to get coilovers some time, either KW V2's if I have the $$ or H&R's if my buddy can get me a hook-up

Last edited by shivi1345; 09-25-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 w203,85 w123
Killer job!

Nicely done dude! Love the black/white...Everything looks sweet-LOVE the blacked-out grille! ...BTW,the Carling Cup kids made us proud,huh?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM

2011 E350 4matic
very nice looking ride, gave me some ideas. our cars are very similar, mine is black but has those same rims (for now). i like how you are adding the black, makes it unique but the black headlights were not so great imo. the roof wing just flew off while driving??? that sucks.

how long have you owned it? ever get pulled over bc of the license plate? i am debating how long i can leave mine blank too.

overall, nice ride, doesnt look like every other 230 out there, keep it up
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
looks pretty clean man...hey at least we have somthing in common "Official MB Product" Sticker lol....
Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 PM

07 c230SS
nice car, any plans for the the chrome trim to be blacked out?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
looks good, i like your tails the most. it just looks MEAN!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM

08 E63
Nice, keep on modding
Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 AM

thanks everyone for the kind words

BTW,the Carling Cup kids made us proud,huh?
O ya Looking foreward to seeing them play with the big boys

the roof wing just flew off while driving??? that sucks.
ya pretty much. I put it on with the tape it came with. I thought that I should have put more. I guess I should have gone with my gut

how long have you owned it? ever get pulled over bc of the license plate?
I got it back in May. I have my plates, but the black dealer one looks better. The bumber didnt come with holes. I have not been pulled over because of it, but when I got a speeding ticket they asked me about it. I just said I dont have a power screwdriver

hey at least we have somthing in common "Official MB Product" Sticker
I just saw it on an old 300SL Gullwing in an acution in a magazine and was like thats a pretty cool sticker

any plans for the the chrome trim to be blacked out?
ya.....I did it (look at the last pictures) The tape I used shrank though. I'm going to get some good 3M stuff and re-do it

i like your tails the most. it just looks MEAN!
haha thanks. I like the tail light design and I like the red so I didnt go witht he total black out. I also got the F1 Sticker because it matched the red (and I obviously follow the team)

Nice, keep on modding
thanks, thats the plan!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
looks good.

my tail light was like long time ago and then made the entire middle section blacked out to change the look a bit.

glad you took off the headlight film btw.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by shivi1345

Blacked Out Roof, Blacked Out Lower Bumper, Blacked Out Chrome Strips, "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes" Sticker
my favorite things on your car have to be the blacked out rear bumper valence and of course, the "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes" sticker !
I hope to see your car on Nov 15th !!

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com

Coming soon on Oct 1st.... details on the
SoCal Mega Mercedes-Benz Meet
15 November
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM

ooks good.

my tail light was like long time ago and then made the entire middle section blacked out to change the look a bit.

glad you took off the headlight film btw
thanks man, your car is probably the my fav. on this board btw

my favorite things on your car have to be the blacked out rear bumper valence and of course, the "Vodafone McLaren Mercedes" sticker !
I hope to see your car on Nov 15th !!
Gotta rep your team!!!

I'll be there Nov. 15 too....with more mods
Old 10-23-2008, 11:21 AM

So over the weekend I put on my Brabus Sport Muffler and MagnaFlow Race Cat. The car sounds and feels great; I love it. At high RPM's you can really hear the supercharger whine too

Only negative is I think that it is sitting too low .....but w/e it doesn't really bother me

anyways.....some pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm going to paint my sidemarkers today too
Old 10-23-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s
Nice job! I like the black trim theme. I'm going for a similar setup except I've got a Pewter car. Question: What kind of paint did you use for the hood star and how did you do it? I've been thinking of doing this as well but just can't imagine it. Any close-ups? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 PM

What kind of paint did you use for the hood star and how did you do it? I've been thinking of doing this as well but just can't imagine it. Any close-ups?
I am not 100% sure what I used to be honest. I am pretty sure that it was just a flat black spray paint. I took off the star, sanded it lightly, wrapped the bottom part with tape, painted it, then some clear coat

I have close ups, I'll try to put them up soon

The bottom part of the star (like the ball part that allows it to rotate) has like 2 small chips and the star itself now has like 1-2 small chips from the freeway

Think I should paint the back star too???....I've been thinking about it
Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM

2018 C63s
I am not 100% sure what I used to be honest. I am pretty sure that it was just a flat black spray paint. I took off the star, sanded it lightly, wrapped the bottom part with tape, painted it, then some clear coat

I have close ups, I'll try to put them up soon

The bottom part of the star (like the ball part that allows it to rotate) has like 2 small chips and the star itself now has like 1-2 small chips from the freeway

Think I should paint the back star too???....I've been thinking about it
Thanks for the info! I've been debating the same thing for some time now. Since my wheels have flat black lips, color matched spokes and chrome center stars, lugs and rivets, I feel like I need a little bit of chrome left on the car. Maybe leave the front star and trunk star chrome and just paint my grille? Since you have the front star black, I suggest painting the back one too. Have you ever thought of blacking out the trim under the windows too? I was thinking I could black out the slats on my grill and leave the surround chrome. We'll see... I'm picking up flat black vinyl tomorrow for the chrome moldings and window trim, maybe I'll put some on my grill too....
Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info! I've been debating the same thing for some time now. Since my wheels have flat black lips, color matched spokes and chrome center stars, lugs and rivets, I feel like I need a little bit of chrome left on the car. Maybe leave the front star and trunk star chrome and just paint my grille? Since you have the front star black, I suggest painting the back one too. Have you ever thought of blacking out the trim under the windows too? I was thinking I could black out the slats on my grill and leave the surround chrome. We'll see... I'm picking up flat black vinyl tomorrow for the chrome moldings and window trim, maybe I'll put some on my grill too....
Sure NP

I think that you are right on, you should keep some chrome to match

I probably will paint the back star too, just need more paint. I also am planning on making the chrome around the windows black too; I need to re-do the chrome molding too because I used electrical tape and it shrunk a lot

For your grill, it might look weird if you leave the chrome around it. Also, I probably wouldn't put vinyl on it (just paint). Do you like the CL style grilles with the Star in the middle in chrome? I think that might look the best....but I'm not sure haha
Old 10-23-2008, 02:08 PM

2018 C63s
Sure NP

I think that you are right on, you should keep some chrome to match

I probably will paint the back star too, just need more paint. I also am planning on making the chrome around the windows black too; I need to re-do the chrome molding too because I used electrical tape and it shrunk a lot

For your grill, it might look weird if you leave the chrome around it. Also, I probably wouldn't put vinyl on it (just paint). Do you like the CL style grilles with the Star in the middle in chrome? I think that might look the best....but I'm not sure haha
I don't like the CL style grilles on the W203 sedan. But to each their own. I'll get some pics up when I get the vinyls done tomorrow. Should have my exhaust done by then too.... E55 ... hint hint
Old 10-23-2008, 05:14 PM

I don't like the CL style grilles on the W203 sedan. But to each their own. I'll get some pics up when I get the vinyls done tomorrow. Should have my exhaust done by then too.... E55 ... hint hint
ya I don't really know about the CL grill either, that why I don't have one

Getting a Quad Exhaust set-up?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 PM

Mercedes-Benz c230 kompressor
shivi,

just wondering how did you blacked out your taillights?

did you get someone to tint it? if so what %

it looks nice im thinking to do the same but maybe a little ligther shade.

sweeet looking~
Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 AM

2018 C63s
Getting a Quad Exhaust set-up?
Quite possibly...
Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 PM

shivi,

just wondering how did you blacked out your taillights?

did you get someone to tint it? if so what %

it looks nice im thinking to do the same but maybe a little ligther shade.

sweeet looking~
I did it myself. I bought the film, put it on, and cut it out

I went with "dark" which was like 15% I think. They also had light and medium; which were like 50% and 35% I think

I think thats the best way to do the tails

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shivi1345's '05 C230