C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

WANTED SPRINT BOOSTER FOR AUTO C240

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-class
WANTED SPRINT BOOSTER FOR AUTO C240

Hello does anyone have one for sale around 200.00 Sprint booster for 03-c240?or any sponsor sells them for less than 299.99?Please let me know -phone no.THANKS
Old 12-02-2008, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
Look in the classifieds

Link
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by twain luan
Hello does anyone have one for sale around 200.00 Sprint booster for 03-c240?or any sponsor sells them for less than 299.99?Please let me know -phone no.THANKS
I'm interested - why do you want to fit a Sprint Booster - does your throttle display the lag that people complain of on this forum & have you ever done a throttle reset.

The reason I ask this is that my throttle on a similar 03 C240 is, if anything, almost too sensitive, I can cause the car to lurch forward if I'm not careful. There is no waiting involved. It makes me wonder whether South African build cars don't have a different throttle response profile programmed in.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
The reason I ask this is that my throttle on a similar 03 C240 is, if anything, almost too sensitive, I can cause the car to lurch forward if I'm not careful. There is no waiting involved. It makes me wonder whether South African build cars don't have a different throttle response profile programmed in.
Glyn, this is very interesting, and it may make a case for what you're thinking...that US-spec, African, and ROW cars, despite being the same model, might have different throttle response mappings.

My C230 MY2005 has a noticeable lag, but it's the same as other US-spec'd M271 C230's I've driven. I have also considered getting a SprintBooster, however, prior to paying Mr. Boulekos the healthy sum of about USD$300, I would like to try a C230 equipped with one.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cintoman
Glyn, this is very interesting, and it may make a case for what you're thinking...that US-spec, African, and ROW cars, despite being the same model, might have different throttle response mappings.

My C230 MY2005 has a noticeable lag, but it's the same as other US-spec'd M271 C230's I've driven. I have also considered getting a SprintBooster, however, prior to paying Mr. Boulekos the healthy sum of about USD$300, I would like to try a C230 equipped with one.
Paul - many consider the C240 to be a bit of a lazy vehicle on this forum. I consider mine quite a spritely vehicle that certainly suffers no throttle lag & is quick off the mark when compared with other normal vehicles. And once it's revving it runs very well. I don't get into a C280 & think man this thing is a rocketship. Yes it's more powerful, but not staggeringly so.

I'm on shakey ground here, but this Sprint Booster sounds like a money making racket to me. I don't doubt that it does what it claims to do, but, the question that begs to be asked is why can't you just remap the throttle response of the car in it's own engine management system. I know these are things that Benz probably does not want us to consider, but how is the throttle map stored? It's probably just flashed onto an EPROM. If so some half smart electronics/computer person should be able to remap it. The real question is how is it stored and what is required to remap it.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c240 mercedes benz
tvt DESIGN......

trust me try anthony @ tvt my c240 was lagging throttle response till he got his hands on it.Now my car is night and day.........
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
…my throttle..[is]almost too sensitive, I can cause the car to lurch forward if I'm not careful...
Several zingers immediately came to mind upon reading that portion of your post. While some here in the OG M111 contingent may have preferred to seen them lobbed, I’ll endeavor to restrain myself - owing to your petrochemical and other helpful contributions. ;-)

It could well be that Mercedes-Benz neutered the throttle response parameters for its USA customers. Product liability lawsuits and their judgments are a highly lucrative business in this country. Recall how Audi was taken to the brink of insolvency by their altogether specious “unintended acceleration” debacle years ago. We now have the omnipresent shifter interlock as a result of a few idiotic motorists who, while for whatever reasons were able to obtain a driver’s license are, in reality, still unable to safely or properly operate any self-propelled mechanical device. No disrespect intended to the upstanding attorneys on our forum. In fact, one of my most lucrative clients got Ford for millions on their knowingly defective Pinto incinerator.

The throttle is sensitive and responsive enough to the mild inputs such as are necessary for maneuvering about the car park and while trudging through congested traffic. It’s during spirited driving the drive-by-wire electronic malfeasance manifests itself in the worst way. The relationship between the throttle pedal and throttle blade are clearly out of synchronization, in both time and degree. When operating close to the (off-highway) limits, the whole enchilada is damn disconcerting because it upsets the balance of the chassis from its intended inputs. Granted, this is the first vehicle I’ve owned lacking a ‘proper’ throttle linkage, but that’s no excuse for its poltergeist-like response, in my humble opinion.
this Sprint Booster sounds like a money making racket to me
Never been shy about opening the wallet to make mine perform better than the bloke beside me. I'm seldom too keen on placebos, either. Almost certain that any Electrical Engineer with a modicum of perfunctory test equipment could easily demystify one before his coffee break was even half over. They likely have ~$10 worth of readily available Radio Shack pieces contained within. Note previous diatribe regarding liability.
why can't you just remap the throttle response of the car in its own engine management system
Yep, that is no doubt a goodly portion of the favorable drivability results from the ECU tuning that’s available from reputable tuners. Besides mixture strength, spark timing, and supercharger boost (on some models), what else is there to be had from our W203’s? Torque management! Our bloody throttle blade has a mind of its own regardless of pedal position – particularly during tip-in transitions and upshifts, as verified via firsthand data logging. I’ll easily **** away more discretionary funds for a proper ECU tune before succumbing to the siren song of a Sprint Booster and its known zero horsepower result.

Sprint Booster white paper

W203 Sprint Booster thread

Last edited by splinter; 12-03-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: links
Old 12-03-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Could

not have been stated better
Well only perhaps by the company itselfWhen they openly admit that the product just makes the car seem quicker.3-4 hundred bucks to seem
quicker.Far to many owners getting lighter in the wallet and even more that claim the car was transported into some kind of beast because they had spent hundreds of dollars and their butt dyno tells them something changed.
Reset you trans adaptation for free,you will feel real results and your pocket won't be lighter to the tune of $299 and up
Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=splinter;3198692]Several zingers immediately came to mind upon reading that portion of your post. While some here in the OG M111 contingent may have preferred to seen them lobbed, I’ll endeavor to restrain myself - owing to your petrochemical and other helpful contributions. ;-)
QUOTE]

Oh my considerate sir! - excellent commentary as always - your restraint is considerably appreciated - note I said "lurch" forward - no delusions of C32 type howling ignition of elastomer - just well? "sprightly" (UK sp)

Yes - Audi's early version of "It Drives F/U" caused consternation in this marketplace.

My car does not suffer throttle lag as people describe - no "thinking" period - there is, however, some of that disconnected feeling.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 12-03-2008 at 03:02 AM.