C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

room arguments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 01:31 PM
benzomonterey

room arguments

I find it interesting that when reading the other class forums,
the people who own the E's and the S's and the others don't seem to fight or rip each other to pieces.

It must be something like Napoleon's syndrome. Struggling over some insecurity we must defend ourselves. Certain members feel it has to come down to racial name calling in order to make themselves heard. (you know who you are) I personally hope they get removed from this board. There is never a place and time that someone should have to defend their heritage over a purchase or modification of a car.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i almost guarantee that people who feel the need to IMPOSE their STANDARDS upon others are small - and i mean that metaphorically - and immature.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: room arguments

Originally posted by benzomonterey
I find it interesting that when reading the other class forums,
the people who own the E's and the S's and the others don't seem to fight or rip each other to pieces.
Ok, go to the S forum and ask how to add a strobe light to the headlamps of your S-class. I can't wait to see their reaction.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Dont worry about it anymore benzo and young....theres no point figuring out why some people dont respect other people. Its like that in life. There are the goodones with reason....and theres the ones that everyone hates. SOmetimes, like u stated above, its just a feeling of insecurity. They spend money on a BRAND NEW BENZ...and the lil teenager next door has one too ....and it looks better than theres and they still have thier warranty. Its about being superior. The more ricers...the less special they'll feel i guess. Imagine how many "rockets" probably smoke them in thier life times....who knows maybe it was me in my riced rocket TT supra....or mah homeboy in his civic. .

Just agree with them...for instance....why not keep them stock...people void warranties right. DAMN SHAQ must be stupid for placing a dvd player in his CL...and dropping it on DUBS...and replacing the benz symbol with a superman "s". Cant believe it huh...whuts wrong with the world today ...WHY IS THERE EVEN AN AMG or BRABUS....WHY CANT WE LEAVE IT STOCKED.?? ...the answer...cuz we dont have too...!
Old 01-18-2002, 10:37 PM

2008 Cayman S / 2002 C230
Go young and benzo...
Old 01-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by JoReL
Dont worry about it anymore benzo and young....theres no point figuring out why some people dont respect other people. Its like that in life. There are the goodones with reason....and theres the ones that everyone hates. SOmetimes, like u stated above, its just a feeling of insecurity. They spend money on a BRAND NEW BENZ...and the lil teenager next door has one too ....and it looks better than theres and they still have thier warranty. Its about being superior. The more ricers...the less special they'll feel i guess. Imagine how many "rockets" probably smoke them in thier life times....who knows maybe it was me in my riced rocket TT supra....or mah homeboy in his civic. .

Just agree with them...for instance....why not keep them stock...people void warranties right. DAMN SHAQ must be stupid for placing a dvd player in his CL...and dropping it on DUBS...and replacing the benz symbol with a superman "s". Cant believe it huh...whuts wrong with the world today ...WHY IS THERE EVEN AN AMG or BRABUS....WHY CANT WE LEAVE IT STOCKED.?? ...the answer...cuz we dont have too...!
I couldn't help commenting on this one I chuckled to myself when I read it. The first line is a diatribe on the aspects of RESPECT, which made me crack up laughing. You notice that the only people who talk about "respect" all the time and use the word "disrespect" and are always obsessed with the concept are the ghetto rap people and the people of their mentality who, wouldn't you know, the poster above makes numerous refereces to in his post. I'm sure SHAQ is always "up on who's dissin him and if hes gettin the RESPECT, u know what I'm saying?" I'm sorry I couldn't help that one. By the way it is typically people of this mentality who you also find owning cheap import cars with trash can exhausts. It's all connected, a good sociology class will tell you that. Moving on in response to your post. When I look over and see one of the aforementioned cars, I do not, as you state above, think "oh my gosh that car looks better than mine", rather I think "oh my gosh, what's happening to the neighborhood to let people who produce hideous monstrosities like this next door to me. As to "rice rockets that smoked me", when I see one, I laugh, as do 99% of people out there. When you see something that looks like a circus exhibit, you hardly go "racing" it. I'm glad you brough up your hero "Shaq" however. You see, what you have to understand is, there aren't many people like Shaq in the world. Those who acquire the finances to get a car like a Mercedes typically are educated and have class, professional job, etc. In the world we live in, the only exceptions to this are the very few "entertainers" who gain the financial strength, but still hold true to the ghetto upbringing and mentality that produced them. They were lucky in life, because most people with that mentality will never get a Mercedes to ruin the way your hero Shaq does. That's how society is So for every "rap guy" and basketball player who wants to be a rap guy there is out there who deface their Mercedes because "they came from the hood and that's what they know" there are 100 other normal people who don't. Enough said. By the way, I'm surprised that somebody with a "homeboy" has a Mercedes C320, I guess you're a "ghetto fabulous mufukka who got some mad skills and is making paper" huh?

Last edited by bluec230; 01-18-2002 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:06 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
let me start by saying i am gonna use the words respect and disrespect, with no implied or direct relation to ghetto rap mentality or any other definition apart from that of "high opinion of" and "low opinion of"

i also intend and will use the word "rice." in my use of the term it is gender, culture, and ethnicity free. it is used to merely describe the look of cars with 1. fart can exhausts 2. fake hids 3. stickers 4. light-up washers etc etc

i begin

the reason this board is so polarized and so at arms is simple. we didnt purchase a cl500, or a s class. a car with a clear succint and focused target demographic. ON AVERAGE people that buy cl and s class cars are older then 40, white and rich. there exists only a tiny fringe of "riced" high end mbs usually owned by the most well endowed people of the entertainment industry. They are the fringe, they do their cars up in ways to flaunt their overt wealth and they like the overtop styling of a 22" wheels with spinners. good for them. S class people sleep fine at night knowing the image they present is pure since a riced s class is few and far between.

WE bought entry level mbs only a few grand more then a race boy rsx or WRX, Many c230s will fall into the hands of people that will make "rice" mods to their cars. And for the people that purchased this car as a status symbol, or as an exhaultation of MB elegance will be pulling up next to a c230 with neon wipers.
The act of ricing this car to them, is an afront on the very reason they bought the car.

I dont agree in ricing my car out, no light up wipers for me. PERSONALLY i think it looks like crap, but thats me. If someone asks me my opinion on neon kits for their benz i will say no way.

BUT!!!! BUT!!!!! i will in no way degrade, demean, or attempt to humiliate you for doing it to your car. Its your car, not mine, and i may think its wrong, and i will say "its wrong." however i will not make any statement about the person doing it.

they arent stupid, uneducated, wrapped up in the ghetto culture, tasteless, or UNWORTHY of a mercedes. they just have different tastes, different likes then me. some people, never ever thought a mercedes should be in any color other then white, black or silver. tiems change, tastes change. disrespect the persons CHOICES not the person!

this board has been a lotta fun for the past few months since i joined, and i dont want to see this place turn into a clubRSX or a civicsi site, where we do nothing but fight over differences of style.

p010sp0rt8, j0reL.... your names suck to type, but i am glad your here lending us a different perspective. i just hope some more people respect that view, whether they agree with it or not.

vadim, rick... i agree with your opinions on these controversial mods, but i disagree with the way you have expressed your disaproval.

please be more respectful of the people on this board.

thank you
greg

sorry for the long rant
Old 01-19-2002, 12:11 AM

c'mon folks....

The real value of these forums is the information resource they provide. I know I can ask a question and get a number of knowledgeable replies very quickly. I think most of the forum users value this also.

If someone wants to spend their time and money doing whatever to the car they own, go for it! Hey, it keeps the economy going, more people employed, and, lets face it, beyond the basic get to work and grocery store needs, the rest of the car value is fun. Enjoy it any way you want! Besides, it the 230 coupe finds a cult following that wants to modify it with neon lights, it just creates more of a market for it when I want to sell mine down the road.

I'd like the moderators to exercise their power to insure that forum members posting vitiolic, demeaning, or offensive posts are removed.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
actually, names like p010sp0rt8 and j0reL are absolutely fascinating to me. it is a new(er) generation of names in an era of computers. when you choose a password, it is a very good idea to choose an alphanumeric, randomized word that is difficult to type - thus minimizing a chance of possible hacking. the names reflect such a culture. surficially, it seems like its just a cool thing to do, but i believe, in actuality, it reflects a paradigm shift in what is acceptable for naming conventions.

uhm, sorry about this diversion...
Old 01-19-2002, 12:20 AM

young-

you suck somehow every serious post i make, you manage to drag into friviality

thanks
greg
Old 01-19-2002, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
awww, i was hit by some inspiration about cultural evolution!

by no means, did i mean to lessen your arguments which i fundamentally agree with. i think some people imagine my car w/ all kinds of stuff on it...

and you're welcome
Old 01-19-2002, 02:15 AM

2008 Cayman S / 2002 C230
Young- i'm uhm.. glad to help inspire your cultural revolution?? hehehe

Greg230 - thanks man, you have put perfectly into words what i've been trying to say but just don't know how to say... Happens to Computer Engineers =P... (english? what i have to take english in college?! oh crap!)
Old 01-19-2002, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
I'm just curious....

bluec230, what do you think about Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson, RennTech and some of the original German tuners? Forget the neon kits and clear taillights for a second.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it. I'm just curious if you think that stuff is "ricey" too. I'm not going to take sides on this one because both sides have valid points.
Old 01-19-2002, 03:42 AM
benzomonterey

Originally posted by bluec230

By the way, I'm surprised that somebody with a "homeboy" has a Mercedes C320, I guess you're a "ghetto fabulous mufukka who got some mad skills and is making paper" huh?
Blue you are an example of all that is wrong with this world.

Your just bitter because you couldn't afford the 320
Old 01-19-2002, 09:53 AM

benzo-

while i too disagree with blue230, lets not start doing the same action we are condeming.

take the high ground, disagree, and move along. personal attacks keep to yourself ok?

thanks
greg
Old 01-19-2002, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by benzomonterey

Blue you are an example of all that is wrong with this world.

Your just bitter because you couldn't afford the 320
There we go! Real faces are finally showing up...
Old 01-19-2002, 12:16 PM
benzomonterey

Originally posted by greg230
benzo-

while i too disagree with blue230, lets not start doing the same action we are condeming.

take the high ground, disagree, and move along. personal attacks keep to yourself ok?

thanks
greg
Absolutely.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by lee2375
I'm just curious....

bluec230, what do you think about Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson, RennTech and some of the original German tuners? Forget the neon kits and clear taillights for a second.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it. I'm just curious if you think that stuff is "ricey" too. I'm not going to take sides on this one because both sides have valid points.
Lee --

That's the point!!! Those tuners don't offer neons, strobe lights, fart cans or clear corners. They offer complete kits created by their highly professional designers who put a lot of time, effort and taste into it, which are not "ricey" by definition!
Old 01-19-2002, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just wanted to see what bluec230 had to say about them. Some people even think those guys suck.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i think some of the lorinser/brabus stuff looks really bad.

look at those little air vents? behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel.

or worse yet,

in my opinion, they've ruined a beautiful car.

just because they're established, doesn't mean they don't make poor design decisions. (my professional opinion)

and a million dollars in development w/ hundreds of hours of design invested in ugly design gets you SHINIER ugly design.

but i do like some of their other stuff. i'm especially fond of the brabus coupé.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by young
i think some of the lorinser/brabus stuff looks really bad.

look at those little air vents? behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel.
Those are not air vents - I believe these stamped-in elements are intended to create a visual effect of an arched panel. And, BTW, I happen to like these side panels better than the stock ones - they sort of smoothen the entire shape of the car.

or worse yet,

in my opinion, they've ruined a beautiful car.
... and guess who they borrowed the idea from? MB itself!!! (Whether they succeeded or not, is a different question )

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...=&postid=17005

just because they're established, doesn't mean they don't make poor design decisions. (my professional opinion)

and a million dollars in development w/ hundreds of hours of design invested in ugly design gets you SHINIER ugly design.

but i do like some of their other stuff. i'm especially fond of the brabus coupé.
Young--

it's like clothes - there are lots of reputable couturiers around the world, but a lot of people may (and do) dislike their designs.

Yet they are not in the same league as your neighbor's housesitting wife who's just completed her Martha Stewart's video course on sewing.

Last edited by vadim; 01-19-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Come on now...my name only consist of 5 letters...which only 2 is capatalize. iT CANT BE THAT HARD. I only made it like that cuz i think it looks more semetrical. I know the name shows up in every post so i want it too look different...if i had a chance to bold and underline it, i would have...hee hee. Maybe change the colors to blue. You guys are always welcome to just spell it "jorel" without capatalizing. PeAcE DaWgS..MuCh LoVe FrOM ThE GhETTo!
Old 01-19-2002, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Young,

It's funny that you say that. Lorinser is my personal favorite. I've also never heard anyone who said Brabus looks bad. It is plain, maybe, but it's the simplest design of them all. I think that Lorinser has the most uniqueness without looking ricey, and they have the best "theme" and follow it throught the kit/car. For example, the mesh openings are a theme that is used on all portions of the car, on the front spoiler, rear, and sideskirts. On the Jubilaums SL, the theme is best executed from an artistic standpoint, as far the flow is concerned. That SL and the F01 CL are the best styled kits I've ever seen.

Maybe because i've looked at so many kits and wheels over the last 10 years that I like something with a little more flair. Some of the other tuners are a bit too bland for my personal car. We sold Brabus kits more than anything locally. I used to have Brabus kits on my cars, but it ends up looking like everyone else's, which defeats the purpose. Fewest people have the Lorinser stuff because out of all Mercedes tuners, their aero parts and wheels are the most expensive. It's not because they don't like it, or they like Brabus/Carlsson better.

Like vadim said, Lorinser is like the haute couture of Mercedes styling. Kind of like a Tom Ford for Gucci or YSL. It's pricey and not for everyone. But it definitely gets the most "jocks".

My $0.02 on styling.
Old 01-19-2002, 06:02 PM

you have a good point lee, but the very avantguard styling of many lorinsor stuff boarders onwhat one would begin to call over the top.

some people like armani, others versaci.... both are designer, but only one lasts more then a season

greg
Old 01-19-2002, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
vadim, yeah, my scanner sucks. the little things look like inserts w/ some sort of mesh in it. also under the foglights.

lee, i don't like it, you like it. my whole point during this whole thread was that b/c we disagree doesn't make you an idiot and namecalling doesn't get us anywhere.

btw, that SL reminds me of:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: room arguments