C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Introduction and Mod Work Plan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c230k
Introduction and Mod Work Plan

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on the site. I've been lurking for about two weeks after I stumbled upon the site after googling why my car wouldn't start (just a dead battery) and finally decided to start posting. I'd like to think I've learned quite a bit in the two weeks of reading almost every sticky and DIY thread but I'm sure that's not the case. I do know that I hate this forum as everytime I read it I find something else that I want to do with my car.

I currently have a pretty much stock 2005 C230 SS that's had nothing done to it. Here's my plan, in no particular order.

1. K&N air filter
2. Iridium plugs. I put these on my motorcycle and love them so can't wait to get them for the car.
3. BIX headlights. I would like something nicer than my non-xenon stock headlights but I also want something that makes night driving seem like day driving.
4. Stereo upgrade. Preferably something that I can use my iPod and satelite radio with. Currently I don't use my iPod in the car and have my satelite going throughy sucky FM transmitter.
5. New wires to go with the new plugs.
6. New exhaust
7. Flat hood emblem and clear side markers
8. Pulley change
9. Roof spoiler and rear spoiler/euro trunk. I really like Drex's trunk and like the idea of a lip coming off the trunk without a separately attached spoiler.

I think that's about it. For now.

My question for everyone is where do you get your parts? I've googled my @ss off and come up with a lot of dead ends for certain things like the pulleys. Sites like ASP no longer list the c230 as an available model. I really like a lot of the mods I've seen on people's cars on this site so where'd y'all get this stuff?

Sorry for a super long first post.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Welcome! Yours is an excellent introductory post.

Vendors are kinda a fickle bunch. Each of us has a favorite or two.
I’ll let this thread develop and chime in again if my outfits aren’t mentioned by the other members.

Happy modding.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 c230 sport, k7 gsxr
i have a cheap solution for #4:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...layer-etc.html
its good for c-class 05+ i have a y splitter and i run both my iphone n xm radio.... btw with the aux i can talk on the phone through the speakers...
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM

2005 c230k
Thanks to the both of you for the positive responses.

daiso' - I had read the DIY for the aux input but I never saw the pictures (I guess cuz I wasn't a member) so I was a little intimidated. Now that I've seen the pics it doesn't seem that bad so for $44 it's the worth a shot.

I'm also replacing the brakes in my car. That's an easy one for me but I can't decide on what rotors to get. Part of me just wants the standard OEM plain replacement and part of me likes the fancy drilled/slotted ones but doesn't want to pay for them.

http://stores.brakeplanet.com/store/...&submit=Search
Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 PM

2005 c230k
I was thinking about the ipod integration and while I may still do it for my ipod I don't think it'll work for my satellite radio. I have a wire that runs from the antenna to the unit. With the aux connector in the glove box I'd have to run a wire from the unit to the aux connector. So I'd most likely end up having to close the wire in the glove box door (which most likely wouldn't work) or drive around with the glove box door open, which won't work either.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 c230k
welcome..... stay away from k and n, just do the c320 airboxmod, pullies are hard to find, I bought my renntech off the forum about 1 month ago. you have coilpacks, so no wires, I have Denso ik20's and love them. Last night I just receieved my brake kit from R1, front and rear slotted rotors, ceramic pads, stoptech brake lines and G1 caliper paint kit. I will be installing these tonight!!!!!!! pm if you need more specific help.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 c230k
.'.......sorry, rotors are crossdrilled only.......also I have access to 2 Harmon and Kardon drive and play kit for 100 plus shipping. This connects to your aux input,, and has a separate display for song titles etc. allows you to keep ipod/btouch in glovebox shut.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by Smiling End
I was thinking about the ipod integration and while I may still do it for my ipod I don't think it'll work for my satellite radio. I have a wire that runs from the antenna to the unit. With the aux connector in the glove box I'd have to run a wire from the unit to the aux connector. So I'd most likely end up having to close the wire in the glove box door (which most likely wouldn't work) or drive around with the glove box door open, which won't work either.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
You can run a stereo miniplug wire from the aux connector in the glove box around to the center console like I did. There are a few pictures showing how I did it in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-play-2-a.html

There are other threads where people have posted pictures of doing something almost identical (I believe some just posted their work to the main DIY AUX thread).
Old 01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 768 Likes on 747 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
happy modding!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Welcome to the boards Well there are a ton of mods that you could possibly purchase off some of the members here, I got the majority of my mods off different people so check out the classifieds and Im sure you will find the stuff you are looking for eventually.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 PM

cl203 Sports Coupe
be careful with the K&N Air filter because it required a lot of attention. The air filter sensor is pretty picky and the K&N filter takes in a lot of dirt because of it oily surface. Make sure if you install this, to buy the cleaning kit with it too and clean it every few months. I ended up taking out my filter and swapping it back for the OEM but it was great while it was in....i think? haha dunno if i really felt an improvement, imo.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 PM

02 cl203
that's why i used green, almost 1.5 years with it on and no problems
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM

cl203 Sports Coupe
Originally Posted by valexv
Do you feel a performance change at all? I was thinking about getting green as well...let me know!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 AM

2005 c230k
Originally Posted by valexv
What's green?