C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

ASP pulley installed in C200K by me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
ASP pulley installed in C200K by me

Well well, I just installed my ASP pulley with no problems at all, thanks to the wealth of information on this web site.

I have a C200K auto and with the pulley, intercooler and muffler, it is SO much better than my sister's stock C200K...by a long shot!

The pulley is GREAT!!! Yipeeeee!!! Something this good couldn't possibly be healthy for the engine ... or is it. Note that I'm having trouble finding someone to STAGE 2 my car, any risks? I asked Kleemann about this once and he said that for his pulley you don't really need stage two, but it's better if you can... can someone shed some light on the risks involved?

I love the added torque especially in high speed overtaking situations.

Oh yea, thanks to some guy on this board who mentioned the fly-wheel lock under the engine, without that info I don't think I could have loosened the pulley bolt.

The ASP pulley was abit tight so I had to sand it down slightly. The install went smoothly, belt went on easy, but the air box was a BI%CH to get back on.

Anyways, for those who live in a metric world, the generic part number for a 6 rib 56" belt is 6PK1420.

I'm enjoying this pulley so much I'm surprised that MB didn't make the car with a larger pulley in the first place.

The SC whine is sweet, but I've noticed that my car is much rougher on idle, epsecially on cold starts.

No trace of oil leakages yet... lets hope it stays that way.

Oh yea... a number 26 rachet isn't something a budding hobbist carries around the workshop hehehe

I'm still searching for a suitable dyno place.... none found yet.

Thanks Buell and Renn for designing the bloody thing... and for inspiring me to make a mammoth intercooler.

Last edited by 3pointedSTAR; 01-28-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:15 AM

2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Congratulations on the install !!!
Did you get the updated version of the pulley already?

Is the rough(er) idlse a common problem of the cars with an aftermarket pulley?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by VoyagerDude
I've never heard of a rougher idle due to a pulley on the 2.3L (he has the 2.0L). When cold it does have a louder whine like noise for the first few minutes and then goes away. Also you will get a noticibly louder whine at full throttle. Some people that have had faint ticking sounds may notice that it gets louder with the additional boost.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:53 PM

C200K
Originally posted by VoyagerDude
Congratulations on the install !!!
Did you get the updated version of the pulley already?

No updated pulley I'm afraid....about that, I'm slightly annoyed with Lee for emailing me about the upgrade offer the same day he dispatched my pulley to Thailand via UPS (US$80)! I can't afford $160 round trip right now... I'll wait until there's noticable wear and then send it back... my sister is coming to visit me from New Hampshire in a couple of months, I'll give it to her then...

Would the rougher idle have to do with the fact that I drove the living crap out of the car the moment I bought it.... I totally disregarded the run-in period...the dealer said there's no run-in period with Thailand built MBs, does this make sense.... the dealer in Australia told me the same thing.... they just said that I change engine oil and filter at about 4000 KM (which I did) to get rid of any engine gunk).
Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 PM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Congrats on the upgrade! .....

About the rough idle....what exactly do you mean by "rough"... Does the car vibrates more than normal with the addition of pulley? or louder engine or even S/C noise even at cold start up? ... I think mine vibrates more and louder noise at cold start but then it'll go away about 45 seconds after that.

I've got my dealer to set the fuel setting/quantity to stage 2 and I didn't really notice significant change....
Post dyno runs when do have em, i'd love to see how much increase you got from the upgrades cos I've got the same engine minus the custom intercooler.

Cheers
Old 01-28-2003, 10:01 PM

C200K
Originally posted by bajaiman
Congrats on the upgrade! .....

About the rough idle....what exactly do you mean by "rough"... Does the car vibrates more than normal with the addition of pulley? or louder engine or even S/C noise even at cold start up? ... I think mine vibrates more and louder noise at cold start but then it'll go away about 45 seconds after that.

I've got my dealer to set the fuel setting/quantity to stage 2 and I didn't really notice significant change....
Post dyno runs when do have em, i'd love to see how much increase you got from the upgrades cos I've got the same engine minus the custom intercooler.

Cheers
the rough idle/vibration and extra noide is exactly what you're experiencing.... but it goes away once the engine warms up...same... must be a C200 thing...

will post a dyno, it's just that it costs so much here... and I'm having spring problems, so I have to get my priorities right,..
Old 01-28-2003, 10:39 PM

2002 C240 Classic
can you post some pics of your car 3point. sounds sweet!!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:52 PM

C200K
Originally posted by antonio
can you post some pics of your car 3point. sounds sweet!!
Old 01-28-2003, 10:54 PM

C200K
here's the side
Old 01-28-2003, 10:57 PM

C200K
the rear
Old 01-28-2003, 11:04 PM

2002 C240 Classic
really nice, especially the front with the bumper and grill. is that a brabus front bumper and rear lip? is your exhaust custom or just replaced tips?
Old 01-28-2003, 11:23 PM

C200K
Originally posted by antonio
really nice, especially the front with the bumper and grill. is that a brabus front bumper and rear lip? is your exhaust custom or just replaced tips?

hehe, the front and rears are replicas of brabus I made, exhaust consisits of muffler and tips I made also (copies of brabus down to the millimeter.

Intercooler I made...

lunch I made,

car I bought (thank god !)
Old 01-29-2003, 12:09 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
I really like your exhaust tip...whats your tips size??...They look really good .... btw....how much (cost wise) did it take for you to make one?? cos I was thinking cutting my remus tips and use your "3point" tip hehehe
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 AM

C200K
Originally posted by bajaiman
I really like your exhaust tip...whats your tips size??...They look really good .... btw....how much (cost wise) did it take for you to make one?? cos I was thinking cutting my remus tips and use your "3point" tip hehehe
The ips cost 3500-4000 Thai Baht to make depending on the current price of raw materials... thats A$145-166

I don't remember the exact dimensions off by heart by this pic should give you an idea.

The stainless steel we use for the chromed bit comes engraved as either brabus or amg... hehehe... wierd huh?

thanks for the coplements all.