C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

would u keep 02 cpe or get 03 sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
would u keep 02 cpe or get 03 sedan?

if u had the option of selling 2002 c230 coupe and get a c230 sedan,and had c32 amg swaybars,and all C32 suspension componets(spring,struts),and a Renntech intercooler,but NO pulley would u do it?
Old 01-31-2003, 03:20 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
you got me confused there...

is the Q: if you have a stock 02 C230k to trade in for the 03 C230k sedan with all that mods? OR if you have a 02 C230k with all that mods to trade in for a stock 03 C230k sedan?

if you were asking the first q, I'd say trade it in. The sedan has more room in the trunk. The only downside is that the sedan doesn't have the pano roof.

if the second, I'd say keep the 02 C230k since you already have all that mods for your car.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:05 AM

C32
i have all these mods done to my coupe,but would like more room or a 4 door sedan,all the mods are interchangeable except for the pulley,but i might get more hp from the intercooler cause it putting out more boost on the 1.8,but there are no dynos to prove this,and if so how much of a gain is still up in the air
Old 01-31-2003, 04:11 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I'd say probably around 20-25 hp??

if all the mods are interchangeble, then get the new C230k sport sedan. if you really would like to have more room. you will get the sport suspension standard with the new C230k sedan. Don't know how it compares with the C32 suspension set up.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:11 AM

2002 C230K
well, if the 230 sedan was out when i got the coupe, i woulda sacrificed the pano roof and gone for the sedan, even if it's the new engine. bc as much fun as the coupe is, and as cool as the pano roof is, i dont get to enjoy looking through it since im driving all the time, and the cpe can get cramped. those 4 doors and extra trunk space could be handy. but does the sedan have split folding seats?
Old 01-31-2003, 04:17 AM

'03 c320wz
yes it does... but you gotta pay for it..
Old 01-31-2003, 04:25 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by intakex
yes it does... but you gotta pay for it..
yep, it's a $450 dollars option pkg (includes ski sack and folding seats).

btw, folding seat is standard on the C32, but the ski sack is a $210 dollars option. Didn't realize I didn't have to get the ski sack in order for the folding seats when I got my car. what a waste for ski sack.... I don't ski...
Old 01-31-2003, 08:50 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C230 coupe
C class space

Interior cabin space on the Coupe is 84.9 cubic feet and the sedan is 85.5 cubic feet. Does this equate to a difference that has any practical value? Personally, I don't see how.

The entry and exit comparison between the 2 door and four door is more of an issue. It may be a little easier to get in and out of the front seats of the coupe because the door opening is longer but the difference in front seat accessability between the coupe and sedan is probably not much of an issue. Back seat access is very different. However, even with just 2 doors, I find getting into the back seat of the coupe fairly easy. Getting out of the back seat of the coupe is more physically challenging than exiting the back seat of the sedan.

The trunk of the coupe is 9.9 cubic feet and the sedan's trunk is 12.2 cubic feet. This is a 23% increase in space from the coupe to the sedan. This difference will certainly make a noticeable difference when comparing the functionality of the trunks. However, the coupe comes with split fold down seats and a hatchback that provide 38.1 cubic feet of cargo space. Fold down seats on the sedan are an option at extra cost. Additionally, fold down seats with a fixed rear deck tray are far less flexible and provide far less cargo space than a hatchback with a removable trunk cover.

It appears to me that cabin space between the two are equal. The sedan has more useable trunk space. The coupe has significantly more cargo capacity. There are also differences between the two in regards to entry and exit. The coupe may actually provide easier access to the front only but the sedan provides overall easier access when frequently using the rear seats.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Maeds1; 01-31-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
The coupe is easier to get in and out of for the front seat because of the wider doors. But I don't think the sedan is that much better for the rear seat. In the coupe, you can flip the seat up and there is plenty of room for your feet, you just have to duck your head more to climb in. But in the sedan, the back seat can be very hard to get into depending on how far back the front seat is. There is more room to get in, but it's harder to get your feet in. Sometimes, I have to go one foot in sideways then turn it then next foot in sideways. And it can be even worse trying to get out.

And as for the trunk, the sedan has a deeper trunk, but the coupe has a taller trunk, so it all depends on what you are carrying. And of course the coupe is standard with the fold down seats which gives you a lot of room.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:10 AM

FRANk - please READ

I can use the sack if you want to unload it. I can't pay much but pay some of course

Interested ???

Benzer

[i]Originally posted by FrankW [/i
yep, it's a $450 dollars option pkg (includes ski sack and folding seats).

btw, folding seat is standard on the C32, but the ski sack is a $210 dollars option. Didn't realize I didn't have to get the ski sack in order for the folding seats when I got my car. what a waste for ski sack.... I don't ski...
Old 01-31-2003, 01:02 PM

2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Ski sack

How does this ski sack work?
Where is it attached?
Any one has pictures?

I ski pretty much every weekend so it might be useful.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:03 PM

I SUrely Will If not for the huge LOSS

I feel cheated

I certainly would pick the C230K sedan over the Coupe if it was available. I would have waited if I know the sedan version would be available soon. Bought mine in August, 02. The C240 didnot appeal to me due to the HP and Ft Lb. The coupe lost it's advantage when tried to sholve my golf bag in - Had to fold down the back seat.

This is all for personal usage and preference. Others would know doubt found the coupe to be otherwise.

I would be willing to trade with a 5K loss but this is not likeky.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:20 PM

C230 C-Coupe
If I had wanted a Sadan I would have bought one. I was interested in a Coupe or a Roadster. My original first choice was the TT but we only needed one car and felt it impractacal, so the C-Coupe was the best of both worlds.

Personally I do not like Sadan's, I find them too boring.

Nathan
Old 01-31-2003, 04:02 PM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by nboyd
....Personally I do not like Sadan's, I find them too boring.

Nathan
You must be driving some crappy sedans.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:34 PM

With no S/C mods available and the huge hit one would take on the trade-in/sell off I'd think one would be crazy. Those two extra doors would be costly. Even considering my DC Employee Discount (over 12%) on my coupe I'm not too happy with the resale value.

I am happy to see MB offer a more inexpensive sedan.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:04 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
I really think the sedan brings nothing to the table except 2 more doors. If you need the extra doors for kids, etc then that is what you need. But, I found the sedan noticably harder to get in and out of, and I am not very tall. Styling wise, the sedan is a more balanced looking design, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really like being able to fold down the rear seat and load up the back when I need to. If I was shopping now, I would seriously consider the sedan, but like everyone else, I can't take the depreciation hit by trading. I do think the sedan will hold it's value better than the coupe.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:34 PM
CRB

If you can afford to trade them in every year go for that new sedan. I think the C sedan looks really sharp in dark colors. Like someone mentioned you could swap most of your mods right over to your new ride if you get the sedan. I'm suprised tha Mercedes can sell as many coupes as they do considering the the rear styling.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:11 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Re: FRANk - please READ

Originally posted by Benzer
I can use the sack if you want to unload it. I can't pay much but pay some of course

Interested ???

Benzer
Although I don't use the ski sack, I'd like to keep it. In case when I ever sell the car it has everything that came with the car.

btw if your car doesn't have the ski sack do you still have that trunk pass through behind the center armrest?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:06 PM

2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Re: Re: FRANk - please READ

The coupes dob't have a centre armrest in the back at all.

Originally posted by FrankW
Although I don't use the ski sack, I'd like to keep it. In case when I ever sell the car it has everything that came with the car.

btw if your car doesn't have the ski sack do you still have that trunk pass through behind the center armrest?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Re: Re: Re: FRANk - please READ

Originally posted by VoyagerDude
The coupes dob't have a centre armrest in the back at all.
The ski sack is for the sedan only. I can't say that I've seen one. It may have been on a car that I have seen, but I never looked at it. But no, there is no pass through without this. Is the ski sack just like a bag that the skis come through the armrest hole?
Old 02-01-2003, 11:31 PM

C32
its always funny to me,how u can start a thread with a certain subject and end with a entirley different one.
liken most of u here,i'm not willing to take the hit of the trade in,so i decided to stay with what i got,but thanks for everybodies opinions
Old 02-01-2003, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by Bobdole
its always funny to me,how u can start a thread with a certain subject and end with a entirley different one.
liken most of u here,i'm not willing to take the hit of the trade in,so i decided to stay with what i got,but thanks for everybodies opinions
It didn't end on a different subject. We're telling you to get the sedan, because then you can get a ski sack.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:54 PM

C32
LOL,good 1 Matt