C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

TCU Connector CL203 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
TCU Connector CL203 Coupe

Hi, Guys. im experiencing some transmission problem recently. The gear some times wont engaged after i make a full stop( engine rev but not moving). This will only happend in the morning or while shut off the engine for more than 4 hrs. The only thing i can do is shut off the car and start back on to make it move again. and some time when change gear from 1st to 2nd the gear slips or say a big lag in between gear change. I will goes away after 5-10 mins driving.I did some search, looks like some ppl had the same issue cause by oil leak into their TCU or connector.i check my TCU looks clean. So i am thinking the TCU 13 pin connector. But i cant find it anywhere under the car. when the time i check under the car i found the trans oil pan is leaking. Looks like need some new seal. So i am going to do a full Trans flush and change all the seals. And i wanna make sure if the TCU connector is good or not. But i can't find it anywhere can someone point me where is the connector is?
Thanks all.

This is the TCU and a Break control unit (i got the name from EPC).It looks different than w203 sedan which only have tcu unit under passenger side footwell.

There is a cable surround some rubber connect to under the car i guess this will lead me to find the TCU connector, but come eith no luck.Also notice the plastic looks like mlted

After i removed the passenger side carpet i noticed some red mark on sponge. Guess it is ATF.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by m111power
Hi, Guys. im experiencing some transmission problem recently. The gear some times wont engaged after i make a full stop( engine rev but not moving). This will only happend in the morning or while shut off the engine for more than 4 hrs. The only thing i can do is shut off the car and start back on to make it move again. and some time when change gear from 1st to 2nd the gear slips or say a big lag in between gear change. I will goes away after 5-10 mins driving.I did some search, looks like some ppl had the same issue cause by oil leak into their TCU or connector.i check my TCU looks clean. So i am thinking the TCU 13 pin connector. But i cant find it anywhere under the car. when the time i check under the car i found the trans oil pan is leaking. Looks like need some new seal. So i am going to do a full Trans flush and change all the seals. And i wanna make sure if the TCU connector is good or not. But i can't find it anywhere can someone point me where is the connector is?
Thanks all.

This is the TCU and a Break control unit (i got the name from EPC).It looks different than w203 sedan which only have tcu unit under passenger side footwell.

There is a cable surround some rubber connect to under the car i guess this will lead me to find the TCU connector, but come eith no luck.Also notice the plastic looks like mlted

After i removed the passenger side carpet i noticed some red mark on sponge. Guess it is ATF.
I haven't had your issue, but I haven't had heat like you experienced in your footwell.

I can say that after doing a tranny flush, I found my transmission acting quite weird when it was low by just 100 cc of fluid. I think that is about 3 oz. A 3 oz top off and all was good. I would double check your trans fluid. A leak at the pan would allow seepage, and thus a slow loss of fluid.

Hope it is a cheap fix.

Ed
Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
I haven't had your issue, but I haven't had heat like you experienced in your footwell.

I can say that after doing a tranny flush, I found my transmission acting quite weird when it was low by just 100 cc of fluid. I think that is about 3 oz. A 3 oz top off and all was good. I would double check your trans fluid. A leak at the pan would allow seepage, and thus a slow loss of fluid.

Hope it is a cheap fix.

Ed
Thanks I am going to order ATF and filter seals etc. I will flush the trans next week if have time. BTW. How did you check the ATF level? Did you use the ATF dip stick? If so do you know where i can find it cheaper. The only one i found is around $65. It is kinda of expensive for just one time use.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
99.9% of transmission problems are caused by incorrect fluid level

722.6 O Ring replacement

http://www.installuniversity.com/mb/...ans_oring.html
Old 05-08-2009, 03:25 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
99.9% of transmission problems are caused by incorrect fluid level

722.6 O Ring replacement

http://www.installuniversity.com/mb/...ans_oring.html
Thanks for the helpful link. What shows on picture 6 is what i am looking for. But after look at the picture i still get no idea where the connector is? or does coupes' connector located different as sedans'?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Thanks I am going to order ATF and filter seals etc. I will flush the trans next week if have time. BTW. How did you check the ATF level? Did you use the ATF dip stick? If so do you know where i can find it cheaper. The only one i found is around $65. It is kinda of expensive for just one time use.
I have the trasmission dipstick. Your are welcome to come by and use it. Insure that you buy Mercedes Trans fluid. Can run from $16 to almost $20 a quart.

Are you sure the seepage is from the seal, or is it from the pan gasket?

I work in Gardena, and live in Manhattan Beach. Let me know if that works for you.

Ed
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Thanks for the helpful link. What shows on picture 6 is what i am looking for. But after look at the picture i still get no idea where the connector is? or does coupes' connector located different as sedans'?
See harness plug 115 in this diagram. The harness plugs into the electro-hydraulic valve body on the RHS (facing forward) of the transmission on the diagonal behind the bellhousing transmission interface.

Attached Thumbnails TCU Connector CL203 Coupe-transmission-plug-diag.gif  

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 05-08-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: to subscribe
Old 05-09-2009, 12:09 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
See harness plug 115 in this diagram. The harness plugs into the electro-hydraulic valve body on the RHS (facing forward) of the transmission on the diagonal behind the bellhousing transmission interface.

Hmm.. It's facing forward, No wonder i can't find it. I will try to locate it again.And Thank you for the diagram. It is real helpful .
Old 05-09-2009, 12:12 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
I have the trasmission dipstick. Your are welcome to come by and use it. Insure that you buy Mercedes Trans fluid. Can run from $16 to almost $20 a quart.

Are you sure the seepage is from the seal, or is it from the pan gasket?

I work in Gardena, and live in Manhattan Beach. Let me know if that works for you.

Ed
Oh thanks. I think i will go ahead to order some MB ATF first planning to work on it next weekend. I will let you know if i need your help. BTW i am in Diamond Bar area.