C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AC stopped working...again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c230 kompressor SS 6MT & 07 BMW 335i
AC stopped working...again

My AC compressor was replaced under warranty last august after the clutch failed. air con has been working great since until yesterday it started blowing out hot air. got the ac recharged and still nothing. the recharger indicated that there wasn't enough pressure inside the system which could be a bad compressor or a failed climate control unit. could it be a leak somewhere? we put dye through the system but couldn't see any leaks on an initial inspection. i am no longer under warranty and could use some advice on what could be wrong. any suggestions would be well appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by jokerswld34
My AC compressor was replaced under warranty last august after the clutch failed. air con has been working great since until yesterday it started blowing out hot air. got the ac recharged and still nothing. the recharger indicated that there wasn't enough pressure inside the system which could be a bad compressor or a failed climate control unit. could it be a leak somewhere? we put dye through the system but couldn't see any leaks on an initial inspection. i am no longer under warranty and could use some advice on what could be wrong. any suggestions would be well appreciated.
Man - it's aircon trouble time - another one. The aircon has no clutch - do you know exactly what they replaced? You have to get it up to pressure or the refrigerant pressure safety switch shuts the unit down & it won't work. This is done to protect the compressor. So until you have pressure you can't diagnose the problem properly.

If the system won't come up to pressure you have a leak & you have to find it first & repair it. Condenser, evapourator, valves, pipework, drier & the compressor itself.

Fix that leak, Then you can troubleshoot further if it not just a lack of refrigerant that is causing the problem.

Good Luck