C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

All in favor of seperating the C Class forum from the C Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2002 | 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
All in favor of seperating the C Class forum from the C Coupe

What are your thoughts on a seperation.

Last edited by Accord; 01-24-2002 at 10:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
billbee (04-14-2016)
Old 01-24-2002 | 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
nah not a good thing to do

Last edited by TimmyC230boy; 01-24-2002 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
As the owner of a C class sedan, I must say that I find a lot of the information in this forum very useful, even if the posters are talking about the C Coupe. Because of this, if they were split up, it would force me into going to multiple forums in addition to the General, and Off-Topic which I also visit too. My vote would have to be a "no".
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
accord, you should have done a poll...
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
um....no
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:33 PM
Almost a Member!

C240
...No. Lots of the info here is useful for sedan as well
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
I realize I should have made a poll, but there has already been a poll on this topic. I would rather hear the discussion rather than just see numbers on a poll.

Lynn: No I do not own a C Class. Yes, I will be the owner of a brand new C32 this summer when the '03's are released. Yes this does concern me seeing as though I will be the owner of a C32 aswell as being a staff member of MBworld.org.

It is not a valid question, nor is it even close to one. There is an enormous difference between Coupes and Sedans. Cabriolets are still Coupes, so what is your point?

I mean no offence in anyway to C Coupe owners, but this forum has turned into a C Coupe forum, not a C Class forum. There is rarely any discussion about the C240, C320, or C32.

There is an enormous volume of C Coupe traffic on the C Class forum, and due to this there needs to be a seperate forum.

The C32 is a Sedan! No reason at all why there needs to be a seperate forum for the C32.

Now I ask that all responses to this thread be mature, if there are any flames I will not hesitate to delete this.

Thank you.
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:53 PM

Acura Legend Coupe 6 sp
Thumbs up Seperating the C class from C Coupe

I am just new member, but I have been going to the new C-Class to see items about the C sedans. There has not been much traffice in that area. I feel if the sights were seperate, there would be more talk about the sedans. So I will give a yea to split.
I will be traveling to Germany to buy my C32 this spring. I am very concerned if I am buying the right car. Or to see what the sedan problems are.
Old 01-24-2002 | 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
believe me, even if you did a poll, people would be happily posting their opinions on the subject! :p

you could separate the forum but what would be the advantage of that? would there be more sedan/c32 threads? are the coupsters inhibiting sedan owners? conversely, if the traffic is an issue, would you consolidate less popular fora?

i think the labels of coupe/sedan are not as important as the fundamental similarities w/in the c-class.

also, benzsport uses an inclusive forum - mb discussion that basically everyone posts. i think splintering the groups too much is another disadvantage.

Last edited by young; 01-24-2002 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2002 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lynn
If you want a mature discussion don't ask immature questions. Or make stupid statements such as there is less difference between coupes and cabriolets than between sedans and coupe. It takes a lot more work to turn a coupe into a suitable cabriolet than it does to change a sedan into a coupe.

Isn't there a dedicated C32 forum. Go there and be happy.
Please read the last part in my previous post. Immature questions? Stupid statements? Hardly.

People do not sub divide car groups by their roof types, they are divided by the number of doors they have. Why this is, I don't know, infact I don't think anyone knows this. Thats just how it is. What you are saying may seem logical to you, but in reality it is not.

Yes, there is a dedicated C32 forum. No I will not keep my C32 discussion over there seeing as though I prefer MBWorld.org. You just flat out told me not to have any C32 discussion on the C Class forum. The C32 is a C Class is it not? This just further proves my point of why we need a C Coupe forum. Also, 99.9% of all flame wars on MBWorld.org that need to be closed or deleted are by C Coupe owners, I don't think I need to say anything to further get my point across. Like I said, I will delete this if it turns into a flame war, so Lynn, please keep your responses mature.
Old 01-24-2002 | 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Thumbs up c owners

Please,Please leave it ALONE!!!!!
The C FORUM is JUST FINE !! SO IF IT WORKS DONT MESS WITH IT!
and who cares if there is MORE traffic on c coupes ? the c coupe is BUILT on the same platform as a sedan (wheel base)
as we SHARE lots of INFO !!

BOTTOM LINE DONT TOUCH IT
Old 01-24-2002 | 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
c'mon, supermembers and moderators should not be fighting like this! what would all the new/junior/pipsqueak members think?

as for your points, accord: here are my rebuttals.
the classification of sedans vs coupes are decent categories but that doesn't necessarily mean we have to strictly follow them. its a matter of convenience, not rigid dogma. btw, you left out the c-wagons.

the c32 site was formed, in my belief, b/c the c32 owners wanted a forum where they can share. so it was a voluntary decision. if the members vote to keep the c-class forum intact, i assume that you would respect that?

Last edited by young; 01-24-2002 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2002 | 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am not fighting young. I am "harshly getting my point across", LOL.

I did not mind it before when discussion was pretty much equal, but 95% of the traffic on the C Class forum is about the C Coupe, and when traffic is that high then there should be a seperate forum. I am not singling out C Coupe owners at all, so please do not get the wrong idea! For example, on the CLK forum, if 95% of the posts were about the CLK 55 then a seperate forum should be made for the CLK 55.

I hope you all understand what I am attempting to say.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2002 | 12:00 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i think its a mistake

1. i dont think c230 conversation inhibits c240/320/32 talk

2. i dont think we argue c230 vs c240 very much, we usually debate mod tastfulness, and dealer vs customer issues.

3. technical concerns are almost unilaterally aplicable

4. c240 c32 and c320 volume would be really low.

greg

what i am in favor of is fixing this post bug it really sucks some of the fun outta the board
Old 01-25-2002 | 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
It's not broke, so don't fix it.
Old 01-25-2002 | 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Kwik, that is the problem; it is broken.

Greg, traffic here would be like the CLK forum without the C Coupe on here.

The C Coupe has so much traffic that it needs it's own forum. I don't see why everyone cannot see this.
Old 01-25-2002 | 12:23 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Originally posted by accord

The C Coupe has so much traffic that it needs it's own forum. I don't see why everyone cannot see this.
if by broken you mean full of useful information, frequent debate, and happy users, yea its totally borked

traffic like the clk forum.... 5-10 posts a day?

if almost ever user in the 203 forum likes it, and we arent complaining to you (c230/240/320 owners have all showed support for keeping it whole) why are you pushing to split it?

what exactly is not working?

greg
Old 01-25-2002 | 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
mabye the split idea is motivated by the replying problems? but i think that is not the reason why we're having this problem. i'm trying to look into it a little.
Old 01-25-2002 | 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+

John- all forums are hosted on THE SAME server! So splitting this one up is NOT going to take any load off the web/database server, meaning - it won't improve anything. To the contrary, as many sedan/wagon owners mentioned, they would have a disadvantage of having to check SEVERAL forums instead of ONE, which IS going to increase overall traffic and server load.
Old 01-25-2002 | 07:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
99.9% of all flame wars on MBWorld.org that need to be closed or deleted are by C Coupe owners
We're #1! I guess that's better than nothing.

Like everyone else here, I think that splitting up this forum would do more harm than good. Most of the ccoupe posts relate to overall c class subjects, and I just don't see any evidence that the sedan people are affected negatively by ccoupe posts. If this were a democracy, I'd vote nay, but I'll understand if the break-up occurs.
Old 01-25-2002 | 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by vadim
John- all forums are hosted on THE SAME server! So splitting this one up is NOT going to take any load off the web/database server, meaning - it won't improve anything. To the contrary, as many sedan/wagon owners mentioned, they would have a disadvantage of having to check SEVERAL forums instead of ONE, which IS going to increase overall traffic and server load.
I know that, it is purely for organizational purposes.

It has been discussed many times on the mods forum.
Old 01-25-2002 | 09:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
It seems that most of the Coupe and the Sedan owners would like the forum to stay as is. We both benefit from the information posted here. What other information do you need to convince you that leaving it alone is the right thing to do???
Old 01-25-2002 | 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)

OK, I'll jump in. John, let's use a little "cool-headed" logic here:

You say there's too much C-coupe traffic on the forum so it should be split off. Is your conclusion that this traffic is stifling discussion of the sedans? If not, then having two forums will illustrate the commutative property of math, no? If there are 90 coupe posts and 10 sedan posts on one forum, won't there be the same number of posts just spread over two forums? What's the difference? Maybe it seems there are less sedan posts since there are a lot of new coupe owners who are taking the initiative of starting threads. Most of the threads have interest to all parties.

Personally, I agree that there are many similarites among all the C-Class vehicles. The coupe and sedan share most of the same engineering, and the topics discussed usually cross over between the various models. You'd have a lot of duplication of topics if there were two separate forums, not to mention the inconvenience of having to visit both forums. If a user chooses not to read a particular post, he or she can simply ignore it and move on to the next one. I don't see how splitting the forum will reduce the number of overall posts, or increase the number of posts in a "sedan-only" forum.

Here are some alternative suggestions:
1. Add another thread indicator to show whether the post is specific to the coupe or sedan.
2. There are a lot of posts regarding mods. Perhaps these belong on the "performance upgrades and tuning" forum.
3. Spend all this "moderator" energy on solving the thread reply problem, which really is the only problem with this otherwise very informative board.
Old 01-25-2002 | 09:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
People do not sub divide car groups by their roof types, they are divided by the number of doors they have. Why this is, I don't know, infact I don't think anyone knows this. Thats just how it is. What you are saying may seem logical to you, but in reality it is not.
So your argument is "that's just how it is"? We feel that a lot of the issues discussed are relevant to BOTH sedan and coupe owners (for that matter, the C Wagon as well).

Yes, there is a dedicated C32 forum. No I will not keep my C32 discussion over there seeing as though I prefer MBWorld.org. You just flat out told me not to have any C32 discussion on the C Class forum. The C32 is a C Class is it not [/B]
There have been discussions on this board about the C32, and I'm sure we all welcome any further discussions. From the quote you posted from Lynn, I did not see him telling you not to post! Taking things a little personal? You shouldn't delete posts and then comment on them anyhow! This is a discussion board, and we should be able to see both sides of the discussion.

Originally posted by accord This just further proves my point of why we need a C Coupe forum. Also, 99.9% of all flame wars on MBWorld.org that need to be closed or deleted are by C Coupe owners, I don't think I need to say anything to further get my point across[/B]
With all due respect, I don't think anything you have said proves that we need a seperate C Coupe forum. We have had some posters who have taken things down to an immature level, but they have not taken away from the usefulness of this forum (to me). The suggestion that you are making would. I do not think you have made your point, and I think you need to explain why we should break up the forum when it seems most members don't want to. Could this be a little self-serving?
Old 01-25-2002 | 09:30 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
I'll take the minority view and favor having a separate Coupe forum. IMHO it would provide better organization and allow all of us to zero in on unique issues involving our models to the extent such exist.

Based on my reading of the various forums available, we can all still go to the tech forum for general mechanical issues as one example.

Bottom line is I see no downside to creating an additional forum. To the extent it eases the lives of those who provide us with technical support, all the better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: All in favor of seperating the C Class forum from the C Coupe