C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Are there kompressors on a C240?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
It's okay. If you're happy that's what matters. Just be careful with it and please, in the future, play hardball with a dealership. As you can see, after you factor in the warranty and the new tires you arrive at $12,500. $900 more than the KBB retail value. Do you see now where the $1000 discount on the ML went? Dirty dealerships.

Frank - I like the W204 but I wanted more power than the C350 could provide. Plus, I had a W203 already and (IMO) it's the better looking body design. I would like a C63 but that's not quite in my price range.. lol. Have you driven a BMW with the N54 twin-turbo? It's great fun, especially with the 6MT and the small size of the 135. Although I'm sure your C32 would dust the 135 quite easily.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the 135i replaced a 2008 G37 coupe. That was $39k, too, bought in late 2007. Talk about a rip off. All the praise the G-coupe gets and it really wasn't worth a damn. It was much more GT than sports car in feel.. to me anyway.
did not know you had a G37 coupe. my friend has a 6spd fully loaded. I think he got it for $36-37k. I don't think it's too bad tho. bigger car.

yea, the 204's not for everyone. I still had certain angle of the car. lol C63 is FAIL! IMHO. although there will be peopel swear by it and some have traded their C55 for it, BUT I just cannot get past the 4000-4100lbs for a sport sedan. If it's well balanced then it's fine, but the 6.2L motor is soo damn heavy. I personally like the M3 sedan and the IS-F way more.

I've drove the 135. feels a little bit more nimble then the 335 with the pseudo diff. The N54 has a lot of low end grunt, but once revved it just doesn't seem too happy when it's over 6k and before redline. I dunno, just not a very big fan of a small coupe. It's kind of like the C63 where you expect it to be great vs the competitor, but it's only a little bit better in some sense. if it's the 1-series hatch then would be a different story.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Ceramic pads produce less dust - that's probably what he got. The fact he got it for free is probably an example of that Lexus service. "tuned-down"? No idea what that would mean as far as brake pads go.
Excuse my newcomer terms! That's what I originally meant. Lexus has some nice customer service.. of course, I'm sure they implement that into the price of the car.. or they just put up with more crap because they want the business.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
The only downside to the 135 are the run-flat tires and hella brake dust. The car seems to try to be comfortable but the hard run-flats cause it to crash around. Once these are worn out, no more RFTs. I'll take my chances. Mine is a Sport Premium.. Black/black.. 6MT. It has an addictive torque plateau and is a little rocket.
Those RFTs are crap. Not only are they uncomfortable but we had to rescue a family member (lady) with a new 3 series way out of town a few weeks back. One nail - about 3 inch - went through the tread of the tyre on the highway. She tried to drive it slowly to a service station & the tyre broke up. She was on the rim. One alloy wheel wrecked - tyre wrecked - stuck in a lonely place which is unsafe here - No spare wheel & we got there before BMW roadside assistance which took two hours and had no spare tyre that size. Dumped the POS at the dealer & it took them 4 days to locate a replacement tyre. No RFTs for me thanks. Hope Benz stay clear of those things. We fortunately took the spare off her older 3 series with us or we would have been in trouble & had to call in a flatbed.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Originally Posted by FrankW
did not know you had a G37 coupe. my friend has a 6spd fully loaded. I think he got it for $36-37k. I don't think it's too bad tho. bigger car.
I had to be special and buy the G37 when they first hit the lots. There were 8 in Atlanta that weren't spoken for.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 C320
Don't feel too bad man, I paid $17k for my 2001 C320 a little over a year ago with 56,000 miles, one owner. It was however just about what I was looking for, something that was okay on gas mileage, had some power behind it (I was coming from a Ford Probe, so this was good enough for me) and was Silver in color with a black interior. My first German car, and a valuable lesson learned. I too bought mine from the dealership. Since my purchase of the car, I've probably spent another $4k on it. Some preventative maintenance (New Radiator with a transflush), some troublesome parts (MAF, TB, TPS, ESP Control Module, broken coil springs). Hopefully you will have descent luck with your car, and as someone mentioned before, all of the problematic bits replaced by the previous owner. Good luck and enjoy it.