C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need help with 05+ Audio Wiring Harness and H/K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c230k 6spd
Need help with 05+ Audio Wiring Harness and H/K

OK i searched this whole forum and read through so many thread lol and still couldnt not find the right answer (non-confusing) i am looking for.

so i have a 2005 c230 kompressor.. it has the harmon/kardon audio system.. i plan on putting an aftermarket head unit in there.. will this harness work for me.. i dont plan on changing out the speakers or amp.. i just want to change to a this unit

i will also get this kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/merce...fAudioQ5fVideo

which includes the Schosce VW03B harness and antenna adapter thingy..

based on what i kind of see on the forum the factory sub and amp and stuff will not work right? does this mean i have to buy a new amp or is there a way to rewire stock one?

like this harness says it works with stock amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...d=p3911.c0.m14

PRETTY MUCH I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN ALL THIS TO ME IN STEPS BECAUSE ITS GETTING CONFUSING.. I hope this thread will end all the other questions about headunits with H/K systems
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
From my understanding the hk is set up just like the Bose system. ok so to put in this hu you would need to run the audio from the hu to the amplifier in the back to get the speakers to work. all audio is sent from hu over most to the amp which then sends it to speakers. i also think that most people rip out all the old hk stuff and redo everything. personally i would not even start this without a week of not needing your car just incase something goes wrong. and a desire to max out a credit card so that you know that everything is done right. and not doing a half a$$ job using some old and some new parts that are not made to work together. hopefully someone with more knowledge will help you but this should give you a basic idea of what you are in for.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 PM

05 c230k 6spd
^^ damn..i really doubt itd get that serious me being without a car for weeks and maxing out the card lol... i mean i can drive the car without my radio working.. wont really affect anything.. and i guess i could buy a new sub for the speakers but i just want to know everything first..
Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
yeah i was more meaning that if you have lots of parts out would you want to drive it? i would not but yeah it would drive find just not have radio. you could plug in the hvac and top buttons for driving so that you don't roast. yeah hopefully you can find out exactly what others have done i thought about replacing my bose system but decided that i would rather save the money for other things like my massive amounts of computer stuff and food, gas, insurance, etc. no offense to everyone that has replaced their stereo but i feel that the stock bose/hk system is adequate for a car stereo. i know that you wont be shaking every car around you in traffic but it sounds good enough to me. i am not some audiophile who complains about frequency ranges of the speakers and stuff but it is only a car. i would rather have my money go into a home theater system that has the best of the best. but to each his own. good luck on your endeavor.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:09 PM

05 c230k 6spd
oh i understand im a college student now.. im not replacing the radio because i want some crazy noise and stuff lol.. i just wanted a nice in dash unit with navigation and mp3 and usb and things like that.. after adding all the stuff up.. the $310 i won the bid for on ebay for the unit used does not seem like it will be very cheap install... probably like $500 or more with all the harnesses kit i have to buy and especially if the amp needs replacing.. ill see if i can back out from buying the thing lol.. but still i would like for someone to answer my question i started the thread with
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
yeah i wanted to get a hu for the usb. but instead i got a really good deal on an oem command which gave me aux in. i have the xm hooked up to that and use the cd changer for other music i want. much cheaper a cd-r cost what 10 cents or less now. lol and the aux can be used to plug in one of my two 30gb zunes or h320. plenty of space for my collection. yeah i am a college student too so i understand how tight money can get. i actually took this semester off so that i can get a job and make some money and also get some work experience.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Is your H/K system working? Or am I reading something wrong. Those H/K7 systems are known for amp problems that cost $1,000+

Audio20 is fine for me. LOL
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM

05 c230k 6spd
no no my H/K system works fine.. well other than my CD changer which is bypassed now lol... but i just wanted to put an aftermarket navi in there instead.. and was wondering what the required steps would be.. someone on here must have done it before right?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Have you looked through the dedicated audio thread? I don't do audio upgrades (not too picky and mine sounds fine) but all I've seen are people replacing the base units. Bose is difficult, not sure about H/K7.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 PM

05 c230k 6spd
yeah ive looked thru every thread made on audio replacement.. many people ask the same question as me but no one really answers it.. i like how my unit sounds too but i want an in dash navi with mp3 usb and suchh.. u knw
Old 09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
not sure about your car but mine comes with 2 optic cables..one goes from the HU to the CD changer and the other one hooked up to the stock Amp. I have the bose system. Hopefully someone can chime in...

Andy
Old 09-08-2009, 02:11 PM

05 c230k 6spd
damn no one knows... guess ill just email the person telling i cant pay and stuff and hope they dont leave negative feedback lol
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM

05 c230k 6spd
crap.. the ebay guy wants 10% restock fee which is 30 bucks.. hell no im not paying.. hes going to file an unpaid buyer crap..

but with the h/k system woulnt only my sub be the one that wont work because its the one with the fiber cable.. the speakers are regular wires right and they connect to the harness on the radio?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
all i know is buy it from crutchfield.. they should provide you with all mounting materials needed and harnesses needed even a specific installation manual for your car.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
Originally Posted by d1no
damn no one knows... guess ill just email the person telling i cant pay and stuff and hope they dont leave negative feedback lol

happend to me before when i bought something and changed my mind. i said it was fraud. like my ex-gf was trying to screw with my accounts. wanna give it a shot?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:47 PM

05 c230k 6spd
i know but crutchfield just says the double din units wont fit my car... oh i already told the guy the unit wont work n stuff.. f**k him.. he can file a complaint idc..
Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
^^ hahaha! i dont think he would.. he's a power seller.. he wouldnt really care.. happens to me also.. customers back out with mumbo jumbo reasons.. doesnt matter.. as long as they notify..
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 PM

05 c230k 6spd
Originally Posted by lame ebayer

The restocking fee covers all the costs we incur when a customer enters into a contract to purchase an item and then backs out of their agreement. We are not refusing to close the transaction we are simply holding you to your obligation to pay. If you would like to pay the restocking fee, then we will gladly cancel the transaction and re-list the item. If you do not wish to pay the restocking fee or pay for the item in full, then we will follow our policy, as well as eBay's policy, and report you as a non-paying bidder. Your bid is a contract. It is to the advantage of all sellers and buyers on EBay to report people who make a habit of bidding on items that they do not intend to pay for.

If a restocking fee is not paid we will have to open a non paying bidder alert in order to have the fees reversed.
Thats what they wrote.. oh well.. im not paying screw them.. will my account get closed or wut happens? anyone knw